|Screen Size||11.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 X 1080 pixels|
|Processor||1.6 GHz Intel Core i5|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Memory Speed||1600 MHz|
|Hard Drive||128 GB flash_memory_solid_state|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 4400|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
Sony VAIO Pro SVP11213CXB 11.6-Inch Core i5 Touchscreen Ultrabook (Carbon Black)
- Intel Core i5-4200U
- 4 GB DDR3
- 128 GB Solid-State Drive
- 11.6-Inch Touch-Enabled Screen
- Windows 8
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The other issues are currently being fixed with driver updates, but with the standard set of software / drivers I had the following experience:
- It would not always go to sleep when closing the lid
- When it wakes up from sleep the WiFi doesn't work anymore, and it blue-screens Windows 8 when you fiddle with it
- The touch-pad is flaky at times and does not respond to taps
- It would take up to 20 seconds before it would restart or shut-down. The start-up time is amazing at almost instant, but I've gotten annoyed with having to wait for it to shutdown or restart.
- Even though I've set it to not adjust the brightness automatically, it would continue to continuously adjust brightness
I've re-installed Windows 8 and cherry-picked drivers / software and it seems to do much better now. The latest versions of drivers fix a lot of issues, and some of the bugs are to be expected with a brand new machine, so it's definitely not a major fault.
Because the hardware is so new, Linux is somewhat of a challenge to install (you need a 3.Read more ›
1. WiFi- Admittedly there are some intermittent wifi issues... but I'm talking maybe once a day...not every 5 minutes. With heavy use maybe twice. And all I have to do is disconnect and reconnect and I'm good to go for hours. More importantly, Sony is aware and they have been delivering new wifi driver updates about once a week. The last one may even have fixed the issue. Have not had enough time to tell for sure.
2. Fan noise- No idea what people are talking about...have not noticed anything unusual.
3. Customer service- amazing! First night I brought it home I had some difficulty with the software updates. They had to be run manually. Called Sony around 10 at night and they stayed with me throughout the process and got everything up to speed. You will find that there are a number of updates available when you bring this baby home. Have called a couple more times and always get great service.
Now for the amazing parts. Light as a feather! I can't believe how much I love the weight of this thing. I just carry it all over the apartment...my ipad never gets opened anymore.
The battery!! The internal battery lasts a good 6-7 hours of normal use. I brought it to a Drupal conference and it lasted from 9AM until about 3:30PM. Still had 17% left but I plugged in at that point. And I was in intensive training sessions with the laptop working the whole time except for lunch. BUT even better...I bought the extended battery...once you get the hang of it very easy to attach and detach... battery life is about 15 hours!!!! I went three days without plugging in!
Those two features alone are just about orgasmic:)
Windows 8- I tend to love new apps , so I'm enjoying it.Read more ›
In terms of computing power, it has been more than sufficient for browsing, document writing, and even some light gaming (the HD4400 is impressive for an integrated mobile chip, even at 1080p). The screen is amazing, the pixel and color definition are stunning, and the HDMI output makes this a great portable entertainment machine. The touch interface adds some fluidity to Windows 8, and is responsive and convenient.
Any issues I encountered were fixed by using Sony's driver update utility. The fan noise is present as stated in other reviews, but unless you are computing in a silent room it is not noticeable. Sony's included utilities for recovery and assistance are excellent.
Storage and memory are fixed, so before you take the plunge, make sure the 256/8GB option isn't for you. The SD card slot allows for quick expansion, but that is not as stable as an option as an overall larger drive.
-Enough power for everyday computing
Most Recent Customer Reviews
THIS LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK.
1. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth glitch and drop continually.
2. Programs continually become corrupted and require reinstallation.
3. Read more
I've had the compuer for over a year now and want to love it but too many bugs. Wifi is unreliable, and it doesn't always wake from sleep and you have to turn off the computer to... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Toy Story Fan
Wifi modem didn't work so I shipped it back during first year of warranty. Now modem doesn't work again 13 months in. Read morePublished 14 months ago by The Jonald -
My last Vaio was reliable, so I said to myself, "what the heck", and purchased this P.O.S.
Boy do I regret being such a loyal sony customer. Read more
Yes, it's pricey, but it really is any amazingly quick and durable laptop. I used mine all throughout college and it works great.Published 20 months ago by Poeness
This laptop is very thin, but at the great expense of build quality. While Sony will tell you the give in the case is intentional ("it bends without breaking") it feels... Read morePublished 21 months ago by J.
I love the fact that it's under 2lbs and very thin and has decently powerful components for managing your daily computing tasks. Read morePublished 22 months ago by MTBDET
it is just bad:
1. Thicker than Apple Air
2. Glossy screen
3. VERY loud fan (I am actually pretty sure mine was defective) - this is the #1 reason I returned... Read more
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.