5.0 out of 5 stars Fits NEX-6
I bought this product directly from Sony, but it's actually cheaper at Amazon. It fits my NEX-6 perfectly. No bubbling and it seems like it will do a great job protecting the screen. This product (or something equivalent) is a necessary accessory for the NEX 6.
Published 20 months ago by J. Huey

3.0 out of 5 stars It does not fit a6000
Published 3 months ago by Krzys

3.0 out of 5 stars It does not fit a6000, May 6, 2014
Krzys (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Semi-Hard Plastic Protective LCD Screen Cover (Camera)
This cover does not fit a6000 - it sticks out on the left unless you mount it upside down. Too bad I realized this only after I removed the protective plastic. Normally, I think it is up to me to buy the right product, but how can I tell if there is not a single camera mentioned in the product description? I guess it's my loss, but I hope other a6000 owners won't repeat my mistake!

Update on 5/08/14:

After I read in the instructions that you can remove the protector and reapply it if not set correctly I decided to mount it rotated by 180 degrees - that's what I meant by "upside down" in my original review. I guess my camera screen is protected for now while I try to figure out what to get next that will actually match the camera and won't offend my sense of aesthetics.

Some more thoughts on the mounting process:
1) the border around the viewing window does not leave much room for error, hence it is good to prepare well before applying the protector
2) I was not sure if I would get the whole display showing, so I took a picture of a white surface and put the camera in the playback mode to light up the whole screen
3) I wish I had the screen laying flat on a hard surface for easier mounting. You will have to prepare for this - I think setting up two stacks of books, so that the camera could rest firmly on them on with the lens facing down between the stacks should work fine (leave some extra room if you lens extends on power up.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong location, February 1, 2014
FYI...This is not a fit for the Sony a7 or a7R body. It comes up as an optional accessory when viewing the camera body on the Amazon page. One will need the screen protector model Sony PCKLM16 Digital Camera Screen for the Sony a7 and a7R.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits NEX-6, December 4, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile Protection, January 3, 2013
I bought this for my Sony NEX-7 after viewing a YouTube video which referenced this product. I have to say it appears to be a very sturdy piece of material. It installed very easily and when installed on the large view screen, it is hard to identify as an added piece. For the price of cameras today, I would highly recommend purchasing this as an insurance policy for your investment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Will fit Sony a6000, but must install upside-down, May 10, 2014
The Amazon product description is very weak; but the Sony product number is provided. I checked the Sony website for the a6000 and saw this product pictured on the a6000 page as a "featured product." Thus, I assumed it fit properly.

The actual product packaging I received states that it fits the NEX-6, NEX-7, and ILCE-3000.

The cover itself is a perfect size match for the glass LCD screen on the a6000. But the viewable portion of the a6000 LCD is smaller than the glass; with a wider black margin on the right side than the left side. If you look at the screen cover picture you see a wider margin on the left side. It will fit perfectly if you turn it upside down. Thus, functionally it is fine; but aesthetically the "Sony" name will now be upside down on the top of the screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't like screen protectors, but this one is nice, August 25, 2012
D. Buhler (Abbotsford, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
I don't use screen protectors on anything I own. iPhone, iPad, other cameras. I bought this for my Sony NEX-7 because I figured the camera would be bouncing around a bit and didn't want to scratch my new expensive toy in a spot where I would see it all the time.

Installed the screen protector looks like it's part of the camera. It was very easy to install with no bubbles or dust left. So far I haven't noticed any downsides such as extra glare which would be expected.

Great protection for the low price I paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems of any sort, June 15, 2013
I ordered the PCK-LM1EA elsewhere because I was order something else that I needed to buy there, but I did buy it and you can consider this a review from someone who actually bought this and installed on the NEX-7.

In my opinion, this Sony LCD protector is superior to the 3rd-party protectors made from glass. The glass protectors really only have one advantage, that being greater scratch resistance, but several disadvantages. In terms of optical quality there is no difference. From the standpoint of protection, polycarbonate is superior for the same reason that safety eyeglasses are made from polycarbonate: it doesn't shatter and does not easily break. Screen protection should not merely protect the LCD screen from scratching, it should also reduce the chances of breakage. Those glass protectors are fragile, and contrary to what some people have erroneously inferred from the fact that the glass protector broke and the LCD panel did not, the glass protectors do nothing to reduce the chances of breakage. They do not absorb any appreciable amount of energy, nor do they transfer force to the outer edges of the LCD panel. The polycarbonate absorbs a useful amount of energy and transfers at least some of the force to the outer edges of the LCD panel. Thus, from the standpoint of protection from breakage, the polycarbonate protector is much superior to the glass protectors, which is almost certainly the reason that Sony chose polycarbonate.

There are other advantages as well. With the other, popular glass protector that was recommended, the outer frame was so wide that unless you positioned it with absolute perfection, you ended up with some of the screen blocked. And even if you get it perfect, it will still block some of the screen if you are looking at it from off to one side. This is a very significant disadvantage to my way of thinking. The same problem does not occur with the Sony protector. In fact if you do not do a particularly good job as you install it, it may be noticeably crooked but still is not as likely to block the screen. Additionally, the slight amount of flex makes it easier to install. I had fingers and thumbs at the four corners and was trying to lower it steadily that last mm, but could not maneuver it further down without inducing some sideways motion. Thanks to the flex, my spare finger found its way to the midpoint of one of the edges and gently pushed it down until it make contact, which provided the stability needed so that I work my other fingers and thumbs out of the way and allow it to drop the rest of the way.

If this protector accumulates scratches over time, I will most likely replace it with another of the same. If my sense at some point is that I will be doing this more than one, i.e., a yearly affair, then I will go ahead any buy several of them for the eventuality that at some point they will not longer be available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen Protector For The Price (Sony NEX-6), September 11, 2013
I recently purchased the Sony NEX-6L/B 16.1 MP Compact Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens and 3-Inch LED (Black) for a vacation to Cancun, Mexico. Even though I've brought semi-professional dSLR's to beachy/sandy environments before, I was still nervous about accidentally scratching my new screen.

There are a wide variety of screen protectors to choose from at all different price ranges with varying levels of quality. I ended up going with this Sony-branded one because the price point is surprisingly perfect, and that I am always careful with the handling of my dSLR's (e.g. I don't need space rocket material to protect my screens).

- The screen protector is applied via an adhesive of sorts. The adhesive does not any leave residue on the physical screen.
- Screen quality is identical before/after applying the protector.
- You have to be *very* careful when applying the screen. When I first applied it, I had a very tiny eyelash that was stuck in the center. This forced me to peel off and re-apply the protector, which left a tiny air bubble.
- The screen protector is good at resisting fingerprints and smudges. I have to try really hard and/or get really sweaty to leave fingerprints.
- I never once had the screen become foggy due to extreme changes in temperature (e.g. going from a cool indoor hotel room to a hot outdoor environment).

Final Thoughts: For the price, quality, and fact that this is an OEM product, Sony's semi-plastic screen protector easily deserves a 5 out of 5 rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Looking Protection, May 6, 2014
Buckerou (Halifax, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Let me say I seen this while shopping for some filters for my new NEX-6 camera. I read a few of the reviews and thought I would try it. I have an iPhone 5 and have had iPhones for years now. I never liked screen protectors as they always looked like a screen protector was stuck on your phone. Besides that, it is an iPhone and almost impossible to scratch the glass (I did say almost). Now I have applied screen protectors before and was never satisfied with the end result until now. I cleaned the LCD display with a clean cotton Tshirt. As I had a hard time seeing the display for lint, I put on my LED headband light. Wow did that sure light it up and make it ten times better. Well as fate would have it, I did not get it squared the way I wanted it the first try. I grabbed my Xacto knife and lifted at the corner. The protector came up and this time I did get it right. After double checking, I pushed it down gently and pulled the protective film off. What I saw was pure magic. The most beautiful screen protector I have ever seen. The designer should be awarded as this looks gorgeous on the camera. Now I feel comfortable knowing I won't scratch my screen and it looks like the factory did it. I am so impressed and positive you will be too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really for the NEX 5R, November 6, 2012
I got this screen protector for my Sony NEX 5R. As you can see in the picture of the protecter, there is a wide dark band on the left side. Well, the 5R has a thin band on the left side of the LCD and a thicker band on the right side. I originally put the screen protector on the LCD with the SONY logo on the bottom of the screen. When I turned on the camera, the left side of the screen was partially blocked and I couldn't read/see anything on the blocked portion. I was wondering what was happening and then I noticed that the left side of the screen protecter is too thick and it was partially blocking the screen. I ended up flipping the screen protector upside down (the SONY logo is now on the top of the LCD but upside down) so the thicker part of the screen protector is on the right side and the thinner side is on the right side. It now matches up perfectly and I can now see the entire screen.

I haven't really tested the camera out but the screen protector is shiny. I'm expecting glare in bright sun. So, if you can live with a shiny, upside down screen protector, then this is great.

Rate and Discover Movies