5.0 out of 5 stars Great attractive laptop!
Sony VAIO E15 Series SVE15124CXP 15.5-Inch Laptop (Pink)Really love this laptop-windows 8 was easy to learn, startup was fast, easy to personalize, does well for online games which i am a fan of, super storage space, pink color is very nice, not too loud. Can set keyboard to only light when touched, which helps with the battery life, love it!!
Published 23 months ago by Deb from MA

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed. Windows 8 is useless also.
OK, so got this because I had a Samsung last which was an absolute lemon and crashed in every way within a year.

First observation. Often I click on things and nothing happens. I have to click many times.

It also crashes if you try and run too much.

Published 22 months ago by N. Markova

5.0 out of 5 stars Great attractive laptop!, November 12, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars I am in love!, November 28, 2012
I have had dozens of pc's over the years dating back to the 80's with 286 IBM 6mhz. The brands included Gateway, Emachine, Pbell, Asus, Dell, Toshiba etc. and a beloved Sony Vaio.

In my opinion, I have always thought Sony screens were superior to other brands (with the exception of Apple of course) the screen quality has always been very important to me, and again Sony excels. The screen is simply, stunning.

I was concerned with ordering online, a pink laptop. I was worried the color would be too loud. The color is perfect! It is not loud at all; it is a very soft cotton candy pink.

The laptop feels solid. It is also not a super heavy or bulky laptop, but also not as thin as an ultabook. It has a thin lid that keeps it somewhat light.

I love the soft glow from the keyboard. I often like to sit at night with only a few candles burning and the TV and fireplace on, playing on my laptop and this feature fits perfectly into my life style.

I also love the speedy start up feature. Never saw anything like it. You can shut the laptop totally down, lift the lid and in a few seconds you are ready to go.

Windows 8 has some strange features; example a swipe with your mouse from the top of the screen to the bottom closes your program. I also spent more than a few minutes looking for the X to close programs and looking for the non existing start button. But overall I like Windows 8.

The laptop itself is very speedy. I watched a few HD movies on netflex and they ran perfectly with no lag. I also like to play online Facebook games etc., again the speed was lighting fast.

I can't comment on the battery, because I almost never unplug my laptop so this feature is not important to me.

The price is a very good value. I didn't want to spend over $500.00 since I normally replace my laptop every few years. I saw this pc listed for $60.00 bucks more and went the extra mile. I am so glad I did.

I also love Amazon. I have been a member with Amazon since they started back in the 90's. I have never had any issues at all with Amazon. I also knew if I was not satisfied or happy, Amazon would, as they always do take care of me. So I was very confident placing my order.

What I don't like about this laptop, nothing. I totally love it!

Sony VAIO E15 Series SVE15124CXP 15.5-Inch Laptop (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!, November 27, 2012
L. Fann (Birch Tree, MO USA) - See all my reviews
I got this for a great price and I was able to take advantage of the 1 day shipping if using a Discover card. It arrived on time and I had it set up on no time. Wasn't sure if I would like Windows 8, but it works well for me and it didn't take long to get the hang of the new start menu tiles. The pink color is sure to deter my husband and son from getting on my computer...at least I hope so.

5.0 out of 5 stars VAIO is a great product, December 15, 2012
We took delivery on a Friday three days after purchase. It a great laptop with lighted keys. After some quick personalization it is a very convient tool. We setup the tiles for all of our important apps to make using the laptop a one click function.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed. Windows 8 is useless also., December 30, 2012

It also crashes if you try and run too much.

I am a photographer and enjoy doing preliminary editing in Windows 7 with the built in color corrector on Windows Photo Editor. It's not available on 8 so I will have to buy lightroom because photoshop is too complex to quickly whip through and crop.

I also have had Vaio computers before and consider them a superior product. The Samsung I had was better than this one, out of the box - however I wouldn't get Samsung again as Best Buy didn't want to hear it when it broke.

So it's decent, I'm not going to send it back because I need it on a daily basis, but my advice shop around. A laptop should be able to handle Chrome and Photoshop without slowing down. It's not horrible but it's not the $600 Macbook that some of the other reviewers talked about.

On the plus side, I got the pink one and it is really fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great computer!!!, December 24, 2012
This is a wonderful user-friendly computer, I love the soft pink color; Sony did an excellent job, a great computer to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!!, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Sony VAIO E15 Series SVE15124CXS 15.5-Inch Laptop (Silver) (Personal Computers)
wonderful laptop-love the lighted keypad-I like windows 8-but I also use classic shell--got the silver-but I wish I bought the pink-Great product!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, November 27, 2012
I got 2 day shipping it arrived on time and was worth the wait. the sound works awesome ! the mouse pad is amazing for fast zoom. color is great looks beautiful key pad is amazing I love it!! you will be happy with ur purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Laptop!, December 1, 2012
I bought this laptop for myself for school and college next year.
The resolution is so amazing, and the speakers are crystal clear
It's so pretty, and its fast! I love the backlight keyboard for working in the dark.
The rapid wake is so awesome, close the laptop lid and it goes to sleep, open it back up and it loads up everything in a matter of seconds!
The 15.5 inch is perfect, it's not too big and its not too small (hence includes the numeric keypad).
I'm also into gaming a bit, (not like super intense hardcore gaming where the fps has to be at least 30) but this laptop gets done with what I want it to.
An added bonus is the Imagination Studio, I love editing videos together and my desktop has gotten so old (2004) and lost so much space, that it hasn't been able to get the job done, with Sony Vegas I can do all that.

Now the cons:
The webcam.... is god awful, they advertise HD but its max output is 1MP, so you're better off hooking up a different webcam
The touchpad is also really sensitive and hard to get used to, especially with Windows 8 and that new format

My laptop came with part of the plastic backing loose and very fragile looking so I'm hoping a quick fix with super glue will help that EDIT: Nope it snapped back into place!

So yeah, there aren't really many that issues with it all! I'm not really into Windows 8, but I figured I'd have to learn it eventually, and yeah, it's definitely going to take me a while. I already have a webcam to my desktop so I'm going to see how well that looks. Also I'm buying a mouse because in general, laptop touch pads and I just dont really agree, and just so you know USB mice work just fine if you don't want to splurge on a high priced wireless one. Also if you look on the internet and even Amazon says the battery life is 2.75 hours, don't worry, there are plenty of ways to adjust it, you're more likely to have 3-4 hours of straight web surfing, as for me I'm the type to keep my laptop plugged in for a majority of the time. Fingers crossed it lasts through the next 4 years of college!

EDIT MARCH 6, 2013:
So that little plastic piece I was talking about, yeah it broke. I glued it and taped it, oh well.
Some small cosmetic scratches have also appeared, so I'm looking for a skin cover too
Also about a month ago, my Windows did an update and had to restart when it got back to the login screen everything froze up, but not exactly, just that I couldn't get my keyboard to work (it wasn't connecting) but the system still was because the clock would change. I eventually had to use the assist function on it (which was working with the keyboard) and do a refresh, which uninstalled all my programs. So safe to say now I'm backing up all installation files.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for Grandson for Christmas/Graduation, December 25, 2012
He loves it! He said it has everything he wanted. Windows 8 will take some getting used to but he will soon have it mastered.