5.0 out of 5 stars Product & Support is good...
Published 20 months ago by George Farjeat

1.0 out of 5 stars Sony support ruined my Vaio experience.
I purchased a Vaio (specific model number no longer sold) a few months ago. My review is both about Vaio product quality in general, and the Sony customer service/repair process. I am posting it on Vaio products to alert other consumers what customer service level they can expect when they buy a Vaio.

The screen on my unit had the backlight fail after a few...
Published 19 months ago by J. Galt

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Product & Support is good..., November 23, 2012
Well designed and nicely priced. The processor is nice and fast with the "turbo" feature makes this a great mid level laptop that works as fast as a expensive +$1000.00 laptop. I use it for making music and DJing and I have had NO CRASHES nor problems. I highly recommend this laptop. HDMI port; Three USB 2.0 and one USB 3.0; Start up is very fast! Dual core makes switching programs or working on two programs at once easy and fast. Doesn't heat up to my surprise, you could actually have it on your lap for long periods at a time and does not cause discomfort. The built in speakers are ok for personal use, do not expect it to blow the roof of or fill a living room. Back lit keyboard is nice and can be adjusted to turn off if not in use for "X" amount of time that you tell it to. Battery consumption is ABOUT RIGHT... The Win 8 OS is pretty cool once you get used to the "APP" style of working with the laptop... I recommend not to but the extended warr. with anyone other than SONY since they offer it cheaper and you know it will be good since it is direct... Anyways I recommend this laptop hands down... Thanks, I hope this helped... ~ DJ George Farjeat

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, Powerful, Sleek, December 30, 2012
This review is from: Sony VAIO E15 Series SVE15125CXS 15.5-Inch Laptop (Silver) (Personal Computers)
I have had this laptop for a couple months now and it work perfectly.

For gamers: It plays Counter Strike GO easily and can play new games on lowest settings.

For multitakers: handles smoothly with adobe dreamweaver, photoshop, and various other programs running.

I like the numpad included on the keyboard, it does not feel weird to shift your hand to the left a tad, but it does feel great to use the numpad to enter long numbers.

The only thing thats off is that it doesn't come with a windows authentication key. Yes Windows 8 was installed, but if I ever need to reinstall, not sure how? I haven't looked into this yet, perhaps it is hidden somewhere or Win8 uses some other technique?

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully designed, December 28, 2012
bought this laptop for my girlfriend, she loves it.... only obstacle is to learn how to use Windows 8... I like the changed buy windows 8 is like Linux OS compared to previous windows OS's... it look pretty but it is not easy to grasp... oh well, with the help of youtube, she will get the hang of it..... The white laptop looks awesome

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall laptop, speakers lack some volume, December 26, 2012
Laptop hardware is meeting my expectations, except for the speakers. Expected more from the speakers in terms of volume, the speakers of my previous laptop weren't great, but at least I could play a cd in the living room. Obviously it is depending on the sources volume, but still I feel the speakers should be able to play louder.

I did install Windows 7 as I cannot get used to Windows 8, Sony does not provide drivers for Windows 7, so I had to find drivers from a different model with similar hardware. Working great so far. Also tried some Linux distributions on the laptop, and the wifi is recognized out of the box which is great as well.

Overall I like the laptop, though I wish I compared it more to the ones that are the big sellers. The keyboard is great for when working in the dark or as a nice gizmo.

Reviews on the internet complain about the oversensitive touchpad, which I can confirm, but I guess its getting used to as the touchpad also covers the mouse buttons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!!! PC, December 7, 2012
Got this pc in quick time, props to lasership on that. Windows 8 runs great :) I had a problem with the windows store initially because of an installation problem apparently, did a factory restore and its been good as gold ever since. I rate sony on this laptop and amazon for its sales price which was less than sony's own on black friday.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sony support ruined my Vaio experience., December 26, 2012

The screen on my unit had the backlight fail after a few months of use. I have had Sony repair it three times. Each time they returned it, it still had the same problem. After the third time, I gave up on Sony and purchased a comparable ASUS notebook, which has worked perfectly.

The reason why I have given 1/5 stars is because Sony was inefficient, rude, and downright dishonest about their "repair" process. Only once out of three times did they get the shipping box, repair process, or return process done in the turnaround time they promised. At no point did they actually repair the laptop!

After receiving the still defective laptop back for the third time, I called their service center in Laredo Texas and asked what they had done to repair it. They told me that the internal cable for the screen had never been properly connected, and they plugged it in. I asked if that meant it was repaired, and was told by the representative that they were unable to commit that the laptop had been repaired or would be functional. Out of the 2 months I spent dealing with Sony, this was one of the few honest statements they made: My laptop is still as useless as the day I first called their tech support.

I will never purchase another Sony product as a result of this experience, and to anyone that buys a Vaio: Hope that it works perfectly. Otherwise, Sony will take it from you for 12-20 days (not the 10 they promise) and then return it to you still broken -- 3 times in a row.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything I needed, December 30, 2012
It was about time I got a new computer. My Windows XP desktop was driving me insane! I actually came across this laptop surfing the internet outside of Amazon. And when I read the specifications, I felt it was too good to be true for this price!

I wanted a laptop that's good with producing beats and just other things I need to do like surfing the web and etc. It gets the job done.

The screen is a pretty good size. I'm in love with the backlit keyboard, and it actually feels very comfortable typing with.

The only thing I hate about it is the touchpad. I'd rather just use a regular mouse. And it's a little tedious turning it off. But that's just probably with Windows 8.

Other than that, it's a great laptop. Glad I bought it =)

1.0 out of 5 stars OS Shot after week of use, January 2, 2013
The Operating System went out on this new laptop after 1 week of use. I don't know if its a virus that corrupted it or the Karashaky virus protection didn't do the job or the system was just went black when we boot up the laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meets all expectations, December 28, 2012
My needs were.......plenty of RAM and memory, larger screen and keyboard.....love the 10-key.
Sony support is excellent on line or phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014