5.0 out of 5 stars For my first laptop, it is excellent!
Published on November 24, 2011 by chloevivian

1.0 out of 5 stars Back light Malfunction after 14 months
Only 14 months after purchase, the backlight went out making it impossible to use the computer. Sony customer service's only suggestion was sending the computer in for a $299 hardware repair, they simply said it was out of warranty.
Published 21 months ago by John F. Walz

5.0 out of 5 stars For my first laptop, it is excellent!, November 24, 2011
I can't really compare it to anything bc it is my first laptop. I got it yesterday (nov 23), and I am absoolutely in love. The keyboard is great and so soft to type on. The laptops design is beautiful and smooth (doesnt get fingerprints). It's fast. The webcam is nice. It's everything I wanted, I dont have anything negative to say about. I'm an 18 yr old girl, and when I got it I could not stop looking at it. The speakers work great, theyre crisp like Sony said. Overall, I am veryyyy happy with this laptop so far. I will update in the future should anything go wrong. Feel free to email me at chloevivian@live.com if you have questions. I know how hard of a decision it can be when you're searching for the perfect laptop. : ) P.S This laptop was 519.99 when I got it and prime eligible. I noticed the price went way up, and I am so glad I got it before.

1.0 out of 5 stars Back light Malfunction after 14 months, January 9, 2013
This review is from: Sony VAIO EH2 Series VPCEH23FX/B 15.5-Inch Laptop (Charcoal Black) (Personal Computers)
Google Sony VAIO laptops and Backlight issues and you get dozens of hits. This is a known problem with this model and previous VAIO laptops, they have done nothing to rectify it and because it is a new model, they have not even released the backlight to buy online, you need to buy a whole new screen for $60 and pay to have it repaired locally unless you send it in for a $300 fix. I would never purchase another VAIO.

5.0 out of 5 stars My pink laptop, February 15, 2012
Margie "MMC" (DES MOINES, IA United States) - See all my reviews
I desperately wanted this pink laptop. I couldn't find it anywhere and Amazon offered the option to let me know if one became available. A week later they sent me a link to an online store they support that had this laptop and I immediately bought it. I love it and am so happy there was still one available somewhere. Thank you Amazon for finding one for me. It's a wonderful service you provide. I have loved anything I've ever ordered from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Vaio EH2 Series Thumbs up!, January 25, 2012
Works very well. Love the keyboard as the keys are a bit spaced out and makes for easy use if you have big hands (I don't :) ) The screen is very clear. Set up was easy. I'm always disappointed that a PC just comes with a "Windows Starter". It was a bit difficult for me at the start using Windows Media but I think I've got the hang of it now and I love it. The storage space of 500g is a dream (considering I upgraded from a net book with 80g!). The only down side for me is the weight. 7.9lbs is a lot to carry around when you don't have your own ride or public transportation to your doorstep. I have not tried the webcam as yet but a friend used it to take a picture and was hooked. He wanted to get his own. :) My sister and a friend who are doing an Architectural Programme at college say it would suit their needs. A wonderful buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Computer - Great Price, December 12, 2011
My desktop crashed and I thought I'd replace it with another desktop. I started looking and found the Sony VAIO laptop online at Amazon.com. It has all the features I wanted plus a good price. It was delivered withi 3 days (one of those being a Sunday) and I was up and running in no time. I swear it has a mind of its own and does what I need without me having to figure out how!! I'm a senior citizen and definitely not a techy so this computer was the one for me. Also, it's light enough for me to cart around from room to room and when I travel. It has all the bells & whistles I need, plus some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, April 13, 2014
I really love my Vaio sony computer. Im still using it right now, and Im loving every minute of it

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Price!, March 21, 2012
I love this laptop! It works great and it's cute! I was shopping for one to replace my Toshiba Satellite and came across this one. I loved my Toshiba but, I live on a tight budge and couldn't afford one. This laptop is a great price and it's smaller than my Toshiba so,0 carrying it around is easier too! I love that it has a built in web cam, that it was Windows 7(vista is crap) and great sound/picture quality! I listen to a lot of music so, I wanted a computer with great sound quality. The only thing I wish is it had a better picture editing system. I also take alot of photos and so some pictures need better lighting ect..(the program it has doesn't offer alot of those features)I'm purchasing one of those. Also, instead of Norton Virus Protection trial offer I wish it was Trend Micro(also purchased that).

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice computer, March 14, 2012
Decent computer. I actually had to return a Toshiba due to many issues only a week after recieving the computer. This computer has been great. I haven't had any issues and the features of the computer are nice. I haven't been able to use all the items on the computer yet, but for someone who just uses the computer for personal use i.e. browsing, email, downloads; this appears to be very nice computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, December 12, 2011
Great Product by Sony ..

Its awesome .. user friendly .. fast ...

Its worth buying ... keyboard and mousepad are easy to use as compared to other comapnies laptops .

Also , shipping was fast and on time as said ..

1.0 out of 5 stars KEYBOARD STICKS DONT BUY, December 29, 2011
Computer keyboard has keys that stick. Looks nice, but after two days, keys started to stick... wow SONY was a joke