4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Device, Could Be Better
I was a little skeptical because many have given the Sony Smartwatch poor reviews. But I thought I'd give it a try. Overall I am very happy with the device although it is a little frustrating because it could be so much better.

Published on November 23, 2012 by D. Nutt

2.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, poor execution.
When I initially heard about this watch, I was very excited. Where I work I'm not allowed to have my phone out whenever I wish to. This would allow me to discretely see who's calling me, or what texts I might have.

I've had this device for over a month now, and while when it works it's great, its flaws drag it down terribly.

First flaw, charging. The...
Published on May 28, 2012 by Druid

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Device, Could Be Better, November 23, 2012
D. Nutt (Snoqualmie, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony SmartWatch US version 1 Android Bluetooth USB Retail Box (Wireless Phone Accessory)

I am an IT guy and I have to answer my emails promptly. I work in an office and I get tons of emails each day and I know my phone constantly beeping with incoming emails can be annoying, and vibrating notifications weren't working for me either. So I was hoping the Sony Smartwatch would allow me to get my email notifications on my watch, thinking I would never miss something vibrating on my wrist. Well, it does just that. It vibrates quitely when I receive an email or text message or a phone call. I can turn the ringer off on my phone and nobody ever knows in the office. I can take a quick glance at my watch, decline a phone call or peek at the sender and subject of an email without the person I am talking to even knowing.

The things I like:

Style and Look: Except for the clip on back (more on that later) the design of this device is elegantly modern without making you look like a nerd. Really, if you pick a classic watch face design, and there are many to choose from in aftermarket software, it is a very good looking watch. With free aftermarket software, you can customize the look of the watch in many ways, the background color, digital or analog clock faces, the color of the hands, you can even put a photo as your watch face. The lady who sits next at work to me mentioned that she would love to be able to change the color of the watch to match her accessories.

Bluetooth connection: I've heard many say their Bluetooth connections are poor. I'm sure it depends on your phone but with my Galaxy S3 I have never once lost the connection to the phone; not once. In fact, I was surprised to find out that I can leave the phone on a table and walk all over my 2 story house and not lose connection. I was very impressed with this. Again, I think this may depend on your phone.

Battery Life: Because the main thing I wanted this watch for was work it needed to last all the work day, at least, and I am happy to say that mine lasts from dawn to dusk and longer, even when I leave the watch display on all day. Like many devices, including smartphones this thing connects to, you should expect to charge it at night, every night. I have been pleasantly surprised at the battery life because many other reviewers have mentioned poor, even unusable, battery life. You also have to take steps to reduce battery usage when necessary. For example, widgets tend to use up your battery faster and really don;t offer much. I don't use them at all, instead of a widget, I just open the app as normal.

Software: It wasn't apparent to me what to do when I received this device and I work with electronics for a living so that's a problem with the documentation that comes with the device. It does NOTHING, it won't even tell time, until it is connected to your phone via software you download to your phone. It was very ambiguous what this software was even called; it's called SmartConnect or LiveManger depending on what Android version you have. I soon figured that the SmartConnect app controls many other aftermarket apps. Most are free, some cost a buck or two. Some are very useful and it is fun to explore the apps available for the Smartwatch

Things I don't like:

The clip on back. I hate it. It adds 50% to the thickness of the device and offers nothing. It's called Smartwatch, it's a watch. I don't want to clip it to my backpack. This stupid clip makes the watch stick up 50% higher off my wrist and is the only thing I do not like about the look of this watch. This clip cost the Sony Smartwatch 5 stars in my review.

The charging cable/connector. Why oh why would Sony put this horrible, proprietary connector on an otherwise great device instead of a micro USB connector? Grrrr! The cable that comes with the Smartwatch is not very long and you won't find one like it at your local electronics store. It also does not make a very strong connection. I recommend taking the watch off of the band when charging because this ridiculous connector may not charge correctly with the band on. This nearly cost the device another star.

Overall: I would recommend this to friends because the pros far outweigh the cons. The thing that gets me is that the cons, namely the USB connector and the clip on back, were intentional chosen by Sony. How can they design something so cool then muck it up with the clip and horrible USB connector. Even with those mistakes, this device does what it says it does and works very well for me. Even my non-geek friends think it is cool just because of the way I can change the appearance of the clock face. My more tech-minded friends think it is cool that I get all my mobile notifications on my wrist. I have experienced none of the connection or battery failures other reviewers have written about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Has a lot of potential!, May 15, 2012
Very few people know how a smart watch could actually benefit them. 1. Because the marketing on these types of devices has been non-existent. 2. Cellphones helped kill wrist watches. I think if some of these tech companies were smart they would continue development and provide more features. This type of device could create a whole new sub-industry just like Bluetooth headsets just kind of popped into the scene and have now become commonplace. No body knew what they did or what purpose they would have. We first started seeing people walking and talking to themselves and then driving and talking to themselves until we finally all realized that they were actually on the phone. I'm sure you all had that bizarre experience. Well I think smart watches will be slower to adopt until we get real innovation and great emotional marketing behind it.

I currently have widgets disabled because I noticed is slows the watch down and just have Txt msg, Missed calls, Call handler, Calendar, and Gtalk notify enabled. Just the txt messaging feature and call handling alone is worth it for me.

Sometimes the phone loses connection with the watch but most times if the phone is near I get a nice connection for then entire day. I really wish Sony would continue developing the software for this but I kind of doubt it. Sony has a habit of putting out technology and not really following through if sales aren't up in my opinion. I do see a lot of room for growth and I would like to customize the interface more but other then that it's a great first step in what will become the next big thing that's if Google glass doesn't steel its thunder.

Here are a few examples on how I use/enjoy my Sony Smartwatch:

1.When driving I like getting notifications and not having to check my phone while diving. I can choose to respond at a light or wait till I get to my destination.

2.If I'm at a noisy bar I really feel special reading a txt I get. People notice and it's a great conversation starter.

3.You can know who is calling you before you pull your phone out of your tight skinny jeans. For the ladies they will know who is calling them before they can dig it out of their bag.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, poor execution., May 28, 2012

First flaw, charging. The device does not use the fairly standard micro-usb port when plugging it in. Instead it has a four pin charging cable that matches to 4 pins on the device. The cable is only help in place by the spring loaded clip that holds the watch to the watch band. Any jostling while setting the device down has the potential to break contact with the pins causing it to not charge. I've found it best to just remove it from the band when charging and even then making sure its actually charging before leaving.

Two related problems with the clip itself are the fact that the pin holding the clip to the device itself has come loose on me twice, though I've managed to slide it back into place, I shouldn't have to. The other problem is the fact the plastic loop the pin slides into is very thin, and looks as it could break easily.

Yet another flaw is the fact the device is extremely sensitive to vibration, and enough of a shock will turn the device on without the power button being pressed. Unfortunately with my job it gets many vibration shocks through my arm throughout the day, thus draining battery life considerably.

It also has the annoyingly frequent habit of losing connection to the phone, even when it is only inches from the handset, I do not exaggerate! This is perplexing as I've also been quite some distance from my phone and it works fine.

Now even with all these flaws when it's working properly it is indeed a very handy device. As mentioned in the beginning, its usefully for checking who's calling, reading texts, and I've also used it for my to do lists, checking the weather, and other things. The most amusing, and considering the tightness of the seating useful use I've had for the watch was being able to silence the phone at the theater without having to contort myself to dig it out of my pocket.

However despite its usefulness I cannot in good conscience recommend this device to anyone at this time, particularly at that price point. Sony appears to have tried to create a useful device at a reasonable price point, but cut too many corners to achieve that goal.

I can only hope if there is a second generation if this device, they do better.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is was it is and works great, May 9, 2013
DaLi (Seattle, WA, United States) - See all my reviews
For what being what it is, a early generation of smartwatch it is in my book one of the best swartwatches out there. Is it perfect? No, but it does what it needs to do and more and since it runs apps published through the Google Play Store that can interact with your phone it can do a whole lot more too. It looks great on your wrist, not too big and if it wasn't for the wristband you might not have known it was on your wrist as it is a really light device. Sure there are things that could have been better, but again it's only the second generation of Sony Smartwatches and they are on to something great here. I hope that Sony does not stop their development, but continues on the same track they are on, because then the third or fourth edition will be even more amazing. My favorite apps are the text mesg notification and the facebook notification apps, oh yeah and the decline calls app.

The best thing is that when you are in a meeting, looking at your watch is not considered rude, wile taking out your phone to see who is calling and to decline it is rude, so with this watch you can just tap the decline box on the watch and no one really knows that you just declined a call. Or if you get a text you can read it and it might only look to the other people like you checked the time.

While you are out and about or even in a crowded area and your phone is in its holster or in your pocket or in the backpack and you might not be able to get to it, you'll be able to see who is calling and then with your bluetooth headset (yes you can have both items connected at the same time) answer the call, never having to fumble with your phone.

But REMEMBER THIS: This is a fun gadget, It's not an end all do all device, that is why you have your smartphone.

Pros:
Tells time
Really light
Comes with secondary wrist adapter so that you can use any standard sized 20mm (or was is 22 mm) wristwatch band
Growing pool of apps you can use with it
Does what you really need it to do
Works with most newer smartphones (Bluetooth 3.0)*
Great battery life**

Cons:
Battery charging port can loose connection too easily, when you set it down to charge.
Does need to sync up with a phone after a full battery drain to get time and date, but why wouldn't you have it synced to the phone, so not really a big con.
Screen can be hard to see in direct sunlight.
Sometimes the bluetooth looses connection, but it will reconnect shortly
From time to time you need to push the side button to activate the screen

Wishlist for future models:
Screen to fill out the more of the whole faceplate
Higher resolution (not bad right not, but could be better
Increase speed/response rate, again not bad, but could be better

*yes, I know that Sony says it officially only works with Sony smartphone, but that is because they only have officially QA'ed it with Sony smartphones, but they set it up to be compatible with bluetooth 3.0. I've got a HTC EVO 4G LTE and it works perfectly. I also have a Sony bluetooth headset connected at the same time. The trick I found out is that the first device connects with ease during a normal bluetooth connection and the second device you have to tell your phone to actively seek a device not just let the devices found your phone.

**So let me address what some people have been complaining about a major issue with the MN2SW: Battery life. You might read that people are complaining about having to charge it every single night. Well sure if you add every single app you find and have every app's notification setting set to notify the notify the "New Events" widget and have a lot of widgets running sure you'll run down the battery in less than a day. I was doing the same thing for the first two weeks, but I was figuring out what apps I liked and didn't like. Now I'm getting upto 5+ days of usage before I need to charge it. My secret? Well first off I disabled the "New Events" app and I only have a few active data intensive apps like Text Mesg Notification and Facebook Notification. Now the Facebook app lets you chose to see all notifications (not recommended by me) or pick a select set of people to see updates from (highly recommended for most people). I also use apps like the Call Handling, Missed Calls and a few others like Find Phone (great if your kids like to hide your phone), phone book, Music Player, weather and CalendarEvents. One more thing I started to do is that I now turn the watch off over night and so far I'm on day 4 and I'm down to half battery, so we'll see how much longer battery life I'll get.

Would I recommend this product?
YES! Now sure it might not be for everyone, but if you are looking for a smartwatch, this is the one I would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works flawlessly but have realistic expectations., October 8, 2012
I was on the fence about buying this product for almost 6 months. I should have taken the plunge earlier. I actually ended up purchasing the nano (6th generation) before purchasing this SmartWatch. The Nano got a lot of compliments as a watch and I realized it wasn't that much of a hassle to press a button in order to look at the time. This got me thinking maybe the Sony SmartWatch would be a great purchase too. So, finally after reading a lot about the watch and still being somewhat on the fence, I figured I'd give it a shot.

The watch weighs practically nothing and comes with one rubber watch strap which you simply clip the watch onto. It also brings (as I think of it) an adapter which allows you to use your own 22mm watch bands. I love watches and I had several bands lying around and immediately began using my own bands for this watch. It really makes the watch look great and stand out if you're using a thick strap.

The watch performs great and does not drain the battery on my galaxy s2 skyrocket. You must keep Bluetooth on at all times in order to use the watch, and I was very hesitant about losing connection or draining the battery on my phone too quickly. Turns out neither one of these is an issue. The watch has never lost connection with my phone and the watch does not run out of battery quickly. Several people complain about losing the time when it disconnects. I forced a disconnect once in order to see what happens, and it does lose the time but only after a while if it doesn't reacquire a Bluetooth signal. Not a deal breaker for me, but I can see where this is an issue if your phone and watch constantly lose connection.

The usage of the SmartWatch comes with a certain set of realistic expectations. Should you expect to type on the SmartWatch and reply to a message on the watch? No. There are apps designed to provide quick replies, but you have to program these first (it is simple to do, no worries). Also, of you have thick hands and fingers, using this watch may be difficult as the screen is small and you will need to use two fingers for returning to the "home" screen. Several apps can be installed via the phone to optimize your usage of the SmartWatch, but remember this is simply a tool to allow you to quickly see CERTAIN things on your phone. Text messages come in without any issues as do calls. You cannot browse the internet on the SmartWatch (be realistic) and the phone can be picky about its touch sensor. This is why I didn't give the full 5 stars. It is nice to see my messages and emails quickly when I can't access my phone, but again, realize this is a tool more than a replacement for the phone. Also, you can use the watch to control your music player on your phone, so this is a great feature for anyone that uses Google music or their phone as their mp3 player. The music app sometimes acts up, but I think this is more to do with the Google music player than the watch itself.

If you're thinking about purchasing the product, it is a nice watch, you do have to tap the screen twice (default setting) in order to see the time, but I find it kind of fun to do that. Some may not like that, but you can also press the power button in order to see the time. No, it does not stay on all the time, but it is a power saving feature. Also, you can change the watch display but the other two settings aren't that great and too small to read in my opinion.

There's still plenty I can talk about since really the apps are what makes this phone, but that is what really makes this SmartWatch unique. I mainly use it to reply quickly to text messages when I'm unable to check my phone (due to work), to read emails, and to play music on my phone. I like how I can change the watch strap and how it is much lighter than my Nano as a watch. If that is what you are looking for, then this is worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why wait for the future when you can wear it, April 2, 2013
With all the talk of the iWatch's as well as being an owner of MSN Direct watches from 2006 I thought it was time to see what the current level of tech was in SmartWatches.

The Sony allows you to do this at a price that is closer to a toy then to an expensive gizmo. With all the talk about the Apple iWatch Sony went back and did a major upgrade to the firmware a few weeks back that fixed this watches biggest issue which is battery life. Before that update i was lucky to get a day out of the watch. Now I can get double that and even a bit more. I don't believe Sony is done updating the firmware yet as well. They want to compete with Apple's unannounced product and they are trying to remind everyone they have had a smartwatch for well over a year. Heck this is their second one after the failed LiveView.

Lets be honest about what you are getting. This watch does not work without a connection to your cell phone or tablet. This is more a second screen for your phone then anything else. It is not a stand alone watch like the old MSN Direct watches or the cell phone watches that are also available. As a second screen it does a great job of giving you just the right amount of information. So if you are driving and feel your arm vibrate you can scan to see what is on your watch. I don't read the content while driving but i do look to see if its a GMail, text, or call notification to see whether I need to pull over and deal with it.

The GPS functionality works but is limited by the 1.3" screen. I still haven't fully explored the capabilities of the GPS Maps app for the watch but what little I have seen shows promise for when I am riding the motorcycle.

The screen does get washed out in the sun which is due to the love of shiny screens by manufacturers. There is no way to adjust brightness to get around this. Mostly due to the fact that a brighter screen would kill the already short battery life.

Now lets address Pebble vs Sony. The Pebble is $150 and is still shipping to its backers with very few available in the retail market. The Pebble is a better watch where the Sony is a better second phone screen. You have to decide which is more important to you.

The last note is to answer the question of why you need a second screen for your watch. I have given a couple examples. Especially when you are driving, riding a motorcycle, or sitting in a meeting and don't want to pull your phone out. With the phone sizes growing, I own a Note II, its getting to be far less convenient to pull the phone out quickly. Its just easier to have access quickly in small snippets like the Sony provides. I recommend the Sony Smartwatch to those who want to see what the next generation of tech will give us. Its not perfect (really the screen could be bigger) but its close. Once you wear it for a week you will forget it's there and consider it normal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than what I thought! The apps make it the best gadget I ever had., June 9, 2013
I was a bit concerned by other reviews stating that:
- You couldn't see the time when the watch is not connected to the smartphone. Well, I turn off the bluetooth on my phone (Samsung Note 2) and the clock still works.
- You could not see the smartwatch display in the sun. Kind of true if the sunlight directly faces your watch. But I could still see the time and without direct sunlight on the display and outdoors, I was still able to read my notifications.
- You couldn't go very far from your phone without losing connection. With my phone, the bluetooth works great. I was still able to command my phone on the first floor with my watch on the second floor with 2 closed doors in between, at least 40 feet.
- With a phone that is not a Sony one, you could not answer phone calls from your phone. True but after uninstalling Sony 'Call handling' app and installing 'Call handling Pro' by Nixi.com everything was fixed.
Negative sides:
- The battery. Using it a lot, it lasted 2 days.
- Not completely waterproof. Only splash proof.
Nice surprises:
- The watch slightly vibrates each time you receive new notifications and displays the message. It's great to have access to all the emails and messages received by your phone. This is one the reasons why I preferred the Smartwatch to the Pebble, which gives access only to the last email (so far).
- Some of the apps are pretty impressive, such as VFinder, Watcher or Calendar reminder. Calendar reminder works great with Google calendar. All my appointments are automatically reminded to me. VFinder permits to use your phone as a video surveillance camera. Watcher permits you to take pictures from your phone with your watch. If you lose your phone and if the phone is in the house for example, 'Find phone' will make your phone ring till you can find it. Also, having the watch vibrating when my alarms or countdown go off makes it very convenient.
The most impressive app is AppWidgetDisplay by Fumiaki Tokuhisa (tip from Andreas Ødegård). It allows you to install shortcuts for most of your favorite apps. It works great with the app 'Assistant' by Speaktoit (and with bluetooth headphones) and also with Pandora.
So, best gadget!!! Highly recommended!!!
Update: The PowerAmp app makes it even better: I can not only control my music (song, volume, forward, backward...) but also listen to my downloaded radio podcasts. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really like this, Very useful, May 29, 2012
This watch is a companion to an Android Smartphone and pairs by bluetooth. I have it connected to the GSM version of the Samsung Google Nexus (Ice Cream Sandwich/ICS version). The watch connects to your phone and runs a selection of both widgets and applications. The apps designed to run on the watch are those that are very useful for doing/checking quick things that you don't want to take your smartphone out for, i.e. reading text messages, seeing whose calling your phone & sending back pre-defined text messages, checking missed calls, controlling your music player app, turning your phone's sound mode (normal, vibrate, silent), gchat notifications, meeting reminders, weather updates with detail, facebook status, twitter updates, etc. There are new apps being added all the time.

I really find it useful for things like when I'm driving and I don't want to pick up the phone, i just turn my wrist and can quickly see who is calling (you can also decline from there), or when I'm working or doing something that requires both hands and I have a bluetooth headset in my ear...I can scroll through my contact favorites and just dial from the watch. Or when I'm in a meeting and someone texts me and I don't want to appear to not be paying attention, I can just look at my wrist and read the text and even hit a quick reply saying "in a meeting, let me call you back later."

The watch "face" can easily be attached to different color bands or you can even attach it to other 20mm bands. (I bought 2 additional colors..definitely recommend the gray.)

5.0 out of 5 stars By far one of the best tech gadgets I have ever purchased, March 19, 2013
With the exception of the fact that Sony doesn't have a great support page or forum for this product like they do with their other products, this is a well-supported device. They are keeping in touch some way with what the users want, like, and need in a device like this. There was a firmware update just last week that made me even more happy with it because, among other things, it came with more watch faces.

Third-party app development is also going strong, especially with the competition coming out with some more expensive smartwatches that can run some of the same apps. The battery life is really remarkable for how much I use it. I only charge it about every 3 to 4 days. I see my incoming email, text, calendar notifications, rain alarm, weather, etc. all day every day. I have a couple of games on it that I can easily play without a stylus if I don't want to drag out my phone while waiting here or there. I love the slideshow of my pics that I can display on the watch and I have the paid app (very cheap) where I can send SMS messages and the paid (also cheap) app for call handling in place of the free ones just because they have some added features I enjoy but don't have to have.

I love being able to see my text messages at a glance to see if I need to get the phone out for a call or longer message, although usually I just read the short messages I get while shopping or working without a need to answer. Social networking feeds are nice too but again not a deal-breaker for me.

I have gotten more complements and questions regarding this favorite gadget of mine than anything I have ever had. And for any ladies reading this and wondering if the watch is too big or manly-looking, I don't think it is. I am a smallish lady with very small wrists and it suits me fine. I do plan to get the pink band eventually but I have discovered I can clip it to the Timex band that goes to the watches without the pins to hold it in place. It's a little like a strap band with buckle and nothing else on it. I bought a cute pink one that I use occasionally but the Sony band is much more stable.

I hope someone finds this helpful because I had a little trouble finding current reviews that addressed any of these things when I was trying to decide if I wanted it or not. Bottom line is if you like your Android phone but don't want it in your hand all the time, for the relatively low cost of this SmartWatch, you can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial impressions, December 28, 2012
Christopher Spell (Wilmington, NC USA) - See all my reviews
After reading the reviews I almost decided not to get this. I'm glad I ignored the reviews.

Now of course your mileage may vary with the phone you have. I have paired it with a Samsung Galaxy S3 running the latest version of stock Android (Jelly Bean v4.1.1) and it worked perfectly right out of the box. Just follow the instructions as to how to set it up and install the apps in the right order. There are two that you have to install.

As soon as I paired the watch it downloaded a firmware update and installed it. After that the watch just worked as expected.

The range is excellent. And I've found it to be even more handy that I first thought it would be. I get all my notifications on the watch and I can quickly look at the watch to see my email sender/subject, full text messages, and even skype chat messages. That's mainly what I've been using it for so far. It's so nice to just take a quick look to see what came in without having to pull the phone out.

Now I do recommend buying one app for it. Go get "Augmented SmartWatch Pro" and run that. It will handle all your notifications with one app without you having to install a bunch of separate apps on the watch that will cause it to slow down as reviewers have mentioned. But I've not have any performance issues because I am running this app to handle the notifications. If you have your phone rooted it will be able to extract the sender & subject from the gmail message. I've only used it with GMail. If you aren't rooted then all you get is a notification that you have email.

Now as some reviewers have complained that you can't see it in direct sunlight. This is certainly true. The display is fine indoors or in the shade. But if you need to use it in direct sunlight all the time then this might not be for you. But it's nice that you can read it easily in total darkness.

So far the battery life is great. I get a lot of notifications all day and right now at 9:23pm after wearing the watch all day it still has 3/4 of the battery left. But I've been charging it every night anyway so far.

Many people have complained about the battery charging connector and I can see what they are saying. But with something so small I don't know how they could do it much better. But I've found it to work just fine and I've had no problems charging it what so ever. Now once you get it connected and see the battery charging icon you don't want to wiggle the cable at all. You can easily wiggle it into disconnecting. I'm also charging it with the usb phone charger and it works just fine. It always charges for me in less than an hour, but the battery is usually more than half full when I charge it. If you really want to have a good connection and keep a good battery connection long term then I would recommend picking up some Caig DeoxIT® GOLD Liquid, squeeze tube 100% solution 2 mland use a q-tip and coat the contacts on the watch and the charging cable. This stuff will keep your connector clean and shiny and the contacts will not oxidize ever if you keep it treated every six months or so. I've used this stuff on all my audio equipment for more than a decade and all my connectors are still clean and shiny like new. You can find it here on Amazon. I can't recommend this stuff enough. Besides protecting the contacts from oxidizing it will immediately give you a better connection which you can benefit from with this type of connection.

I also find the watch band to be very comfortable and wearing the watch in general comfortable. It's a lot lighter on my arm than my Rolex. It's a nice change actually.

So far my only complaint is that the touch screen isn't quite as responsive as I would like. But that may be my lack of understanding on how to navigate the menus. The navigation takes a little bit to get used to.

And I worry about scratching the screen so I'll probably get one of the screen protectors for it. I have no idea if it has Gorilla Glass on it or not, somehow I doubt it. If not then I imagine it'll get scratched easily. And the clip on the back is all plastic and while it works well I can see it snapping off quite easily if it gets caught the wrong way and pulled. So I'm not sure I have high hopes that it will last a long time. But then again if it lasts a year and they come out with a new version I'll just buy the new one and be happy. The battery isn't going to last long term anyway.

So after my three days of use I can say I am impressed and really pleased with the watch and find it even more useful that I thought I would.