4.0 out of 5 stars Despite the quirks, I'm a huge fan
There are a lot of misconceptions about the new QX product... so I'll just give you my history.

Published 10 months ago by M. Morris

3.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, poor execution
I ordered the DSC-QX10/B and used it for about a week with my iPhone before ultimately deciding to return it. Why?

Pros:
* Picture quality is good. Much better than built-in phone camera.
* Zoom is good.
Published 10 months ago by M. Moline

4.0 out of 5 stars Despite the quirks, I'm a huge fan, November 4, 2013
M. Morris "setaside2" (Littleton, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DSC-QX10/B Smartphone Attachable 4.45-44.5mm Lens-Style Camera (Electronics)

I shoot professionally. I work in the field, out of my house at least half the month. I take a lot of gear with me. I already have an Sony DSC-RX100/B 20.2 MP Exmor CMOS Sensor Digital Camera with 3.6x Zoom, which I absolutely adore (and you won't find someone who doesn't love this camera), along with my DSLR gear. Why would I ever need ANOTHER? I didn't :) truth. BUT being on the road affords me the option to be able to share my images from around my territory. I am lucky in that I get to see a lot of desolation just waiting to be captured. Sometimes, though, there are angles I just can't get, things that I see that my DSLR and my RX100 simply aren't capable of reaching either because of obstacles in the way, size issues (my A99v is huge), etc...

Which is where the QX comes in. I simply do not ever attach this camera to my Samsung Galaxy S4. Ever. I see zero need for it and feel that it actually limits the camera's potential to do so. I have a WiFi signal! Put the damn camera where I damn well want to. Indispensable tool?Joby GPM-A1EN GorillaPod Magnetic Flexible Tripod (Black). A tool that allows me to stick the QX up light poles, traffic signals, car tops and sides, metal tables and chairs, the siding of an REI building, ladders, whatever allows those magnetic feet to work, man. Put the camera where you want it. Since the QX is blessed with a 1/4 20 tripod mount, it goes onto any 1/4 20 adapted product. I've seen them on boom poles, I've seen them on string. I've seen them mounted on GoPro! adapters, you name it. Because it's small enough to fit, you see, and that gives it a lot of photographic hope. I know a pro in Fresno, CA who has 4 of the Sony DSC-QX100 Smartphone Attachable Lens-style Camera He also has 4 assistants running tablets. They put that little camera every where: in the bouquet while the bride is walking around with it, at the base of the cake for the cutting, on the podium or altar for intimate shots no photographer would ever be allowed to make. Brilliant. This camera is designed to make you consider the box you work in... and then bust it open. It is the sign of many good things to come for both mobile photographers as well as the hobbyists and pros. Personally, I'm glad it's Sony doing it. I've lost a lot of faith in the big two of late: they are simply not innovating in any direction I approve of. In most cases, in fact, they simply release warmed over versions of their old stuff and THAT, friends and neighbors, bores me outright.

I have had excellent luck with my wifi connection with two common problems: #1.) if you're in a room with heavy cellular traffic happening, your wifi range will definitely drop. We've had it in a studio green room, running the camera 75 ft away. Amazing. We've also had it in a convention center where there is enough telcomm taking place to fry a third world country and I'd say we got 20ft out of it before things went really laggy, or just froze. #2.) I have definitely found that, when the camera reaches one bar of battery life, it's not connecting. Hence the minus one star. I know that WiFi is a lot of draw but lithium batteries are supposed to be a near perfect power chart: flat until it dies... and this indicates that the camera pulls perhaps a little too much, is a little too inefficient. I have not had a QX100 long enough to know if it's any better but, since it uses the same battery, I suspect it has the same issues. Also, please note: the battery life will vary wildly depending on the mode you have it in: if in the Green Auto or Program modes, it will last a lot longer than the Superior (Gold) Auto I'm recommending. I deal with the shorter battery life simply because I feel Gold yields much better images overall. Only scenario it didn't, where I switched to Program and dealt with the +/- compensation, was shooting my son's jazz band concert. And then, thank god it had -2 stop ability.

The picture quality ranges from average to how the hell did this little thing capture that?? And it's hard to say what you'll get out of it: it heavily depends on on the lighting, and what scene mode the camera arbitrarily chooses... which for me means it has taken on the charm of lomography, and I use it as carelessly because of it. If I get something good (which I tend to, it's not a crappy camera by any means... but it IS a compact digital camera and comes with compact digital camera issues), then I'll process it right on the cellphone in PicSay Pro (usually. Snapseed on the tablet), and send it off. The nice bit: I can actually print these images because they ARE printable, unlike most cellphones. I will rarely if ever use the camera part of my camera phone ever again.

One suggestion: despite the fact that it has the three modes of operation, I have found that your best chance for success in MOST situations is to leave it in Superior Auto (the gold mode). This mode does phenomenal HDR when necessary. Some of the images have been stunning, honestly. It will also engage a high iso image stack if it doesn't like the lighting. From what I can tell it's up to 6 images at high sensitivity that it will then composite, creating a much, much cleaner file than one shot could create. These two things are invaluable on my RX100 and while I'm disappointed I can't pick them when I wanna on the QX10, I can deal with it. It's app based. Apps are made to be upgraded. So my inner mobile optimist is in full swing. :)

If you're interested, feel free to head to my instagram.com/setaside2 or search instagram for #qxshooter or #qx10 and you'll find what you're looking for. Plenty of demonstrations of what a QX can do, and where it can go.

Feel free to find me and ask questions.

UPDATE: Now that the new firmware upgrade has been installed I have noticed that the latency issues have really gone down, which is a nice surprise, and that the iPhone in the house connects a great deal quicker. It's still a pain to get the iPhone up and running (Please, Apple, for the love of humanity, license NFC and deal with it) but once it's running it's certainly a much more satisfying experience than it was before. The added ability to change ISO is nice but I hardly ever use it and the video quality has indeed been improved... plus the 1920 makes things a little less awkward for mixing it with other sources. All in all a big plus to Sony for adding features that matter and improving the experience. It isn't done BUT it has been improved and that is saying something.

And thanks to those who've reached out. Glad I could help. Please continue to do so. -M

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new concept - Sony DSC-QX100, September 25, 2013
First off, I am a little annoyed that Amazon has chosen a format which is mixing the reviews of the QX10 and QX100 models together. In it's current format, shoppers looking for the Sony DSC-QX100 may be mislead by reading reviews of the cheaper QX10 model.

This preliminary review I am providing is for the Sony DSC-QX100.

As an owner of the Sony NEX-5N, NEX-6, and NEX-7 model cameras I was optimistic that the QX100 with it's f/1.8 Zeiss lens and 20MP sensor would meet my expectations, and be comparable in image quality to the NEX line of cameras. So far (all be it limited at the moment) the pictures I have taken do meet my standards in image quality. All the sharpness and creamy bokeh are present as you would expect with a wide 1.8 Zeiss lens. The sharpness is there thanks to the 20 megapixels, and the level of noise in low light is surprisingly low for such a high MP sensor.

I have not had the opportunity to shoot in bright sunny conditions yet; however, my initial experiences in low light photography with this camera are impressive. It even manages to provide a sharp blur free image with shutter speeds as low as 1/30th of a second.

It connects easily with your phone using the Sony PlayMemories free app, has complete control via the phone screen (including touch focus, exposure bracketing, zoom, etc.), and allows the user to take pictures at unusual point of views which makes for some interesting creative imagery.

So far, my only gripes are that you have to hit the back button each time you snap a picture (this may be fixed with a future firmware update), and the bracket to attach to a phone is not big enough to attach to larger smartphones such as the Samsung Galaxy Note.

Basically, this camera is the exact specs as the Sony RX100 camera without the screen, so I would advise anyone thinking about buying this lens to also check out the reviews on the Sony RX100 to get further insight until we can weed out all the initial negative reviews currently coming in from the like of people who either don't even own the camera (but always seem to have something to say), or the nonsensical people who give this camera a one star review because "their app on their phone crashed".

I will be posting example pictures tomorrow (9/26/13) on Amazon, and will provide a further update to this review.

*** Update 10/22 *****
So far I have been very impressed with the versatility of this product. It really opens up a whole new world of shooting possibilities. I have been using it on an Android smartphone and have had no connection problems with the direct WiFi. The only drawback I am experiencing is skies "blowing out" and becoming over exposed when taking pictures in very bright sunlight - Although you can compensate for this slightly by altering the bracketing. Please check out some of my example pictures I have posted on Amazon. I will post more over the next few days.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, poor execution, November 1, 2013

Pros:
* Picture quality is good. Much better than built-in phone camera.
* Zoom is good.
* Detachability is good. I used the lens off-phone several times with nice results that would have been impractical or impossible to get otherwise.
* Video is very good. Espcially outdoors in bright light (duh) but even inside, video is good.

Minor Cons
* Does not use phone GPS - there is no geotagging on the images.
* EXIF data does not indicate which shooting mode was used for the image
* no way to transfer images over wifi to computer. The full-size images and videos are stored on the microSD card. To get them to the computer you must copy them to the phone then phone to computer. Or, remove the sd card from the camera and insert in computer. Just plugging in the USB cable from lens to computer did not recognize it as a device that could be downloaded. Often times there was not enough space on the phone to transfer all the images there first, then move to computer, which meant removing the mounting bracket from the lens in order to acces the card slot, then removing the miniscule memory card, putting it in an adapter, plugging it into the computer, etc etc. Too many steps! Maybe this could be fixed in future releases.

And to be fair, you can put a pretty big card in there and the lens will send low-res 2MB previews to your phone "immediately" (still takes a few seconds). Those previews are good enough for social posting and knowing that you got the shot. Then you can download at the end of the day when you're back at home, as opposed to out in the wild.

Major cons:

* WiFi only. This device creates its own wifi network to which you connect the phone. That means the phone is no longer on whatever wifi it was using previously. It also means an extra 30-60 seconds of fiddling-around with the phone to actually get to the point where you can take a picture. I don't understand why this isn't bluetooth? really.

* Does not feel rugged enough. This feels too cheaply constructed for what I see as the intended use of carrying it around in your bag and attaching it to your phone when you want a good pic. There is no case provided with the unit. Maybe it could survive "life in the backpack" but I doubt it. Not for a precision optical device with multiple lenses and motors and such. Just doesn't feel like it's ready for the real world trials.

* Time to deploy. The tests I performed were to have the lens immediately accessible at the top of the bag without any hunting for it, and the bag off my shoulder and open. Then I timed how long to remove lens from bag, power on, open mounting bracket, attach to phone, change network on phone, launch special camera app, and then finally take a picture in whatever mode the app happened to launch in without making any other decisions about what kind of image or settings. Best I did was 58 seconds. And if the wifi on the lens didn't come up right away, it was a lot more.

Why isn't this bluetooth?

I hope a lot of the functionality of this product can be improved with future app updates... and maybe even firmware too. But the limiting factor is still the wifi-only connection with no bluetooth. Changing my phone's network connection should not be a requirement for taking a picture.

Overall, good concept, poor execution.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the concept, the execution is a mixed bag, app needs improvement, September 27, 2013
I was excited to finally get my QX-10 (I refuse to spend $500 for the QX100 since I own the RX100II and no one should really buy the QX100 ). For $250 the QX 10 has some cool features and uses and has worked pretty well for me (runing iOS 7 and latest version of the Sony App). The connection via wifi works, I agree that the whole password thing is silly. How many people are going to try to connect to your camera as you are taking pictures? but once you enter the password at least you don't have to do it again.

Overall it works pretty well, but the real only point for this product is the 10x optical zoom. The iPhone 5s has a really good camera but the digital zoom is useless since all you are doing is cropping the pixels. This at least helps get you closer to the subject with no loss of resolution.

Sony needs to update the app, give more options for creative controls, and a major one, ALLOW THE APP TO FORMAT THE MICRO SD CARD. Right now you can't and have to do it I guess by connecting it to the computer and erasing the card.

Is it perfect? NO, but it's the first product of its kind and most of the product is the app which Sony can improve.

5.0 out of 5 stars QX100 gets 5 Stars based on Zeiss lens picture quality and low-light abilities (just be aware it currently has no flash), December 1, 2013
Okay, my 5 star for the QX100 is based upon that I knew what I was getting here.

The pictures are beauty and perfection. The zooming is optical zooming and perfect (not just a digital degrading trick). This IS a Zeiss lens after all. It has a low f-stop 1.8 in wide angle and 4.9 at full telephoto (the f-stop is what determines how much light is allowed into the aperture (the lower the number the better [an f-stop too high is why you can't get decent pictures inside a sports auditorium]).

Being separate from the camera is a plus that most aren't aware of: (1) My wife can carry it in her purse and clip it on when wanted; (2) but, you can hold it separately from your phone to be discreet about what subject matter you are shooting (I can hold by my side and aim it at the subject of the picture while looking at my phone which is not aimed at the subject --very sneaky).

But, again, look through the reviews and you will see that nobody disputes that it takes beautiful pictures. IT DOES.

Now, at the beginning, I said "I knew what I was getting". Here are the shortcomings that I knew about prior to getting (my Mom got off of Amazon as a present for me, her adult son):

(1) No Flash. This is a big shortcoming - not sure why they haven't tried harder to manage a way to tie into the phone's flash for use, but they haven't. However, with a low f-stop, the need for a flash is minimized, but when you need a flash - you need one. It should have tied into a flash somehow.

(2) It is uses Wi-Fi on iPhone. This is more Apple's fault for not having NFC in the iPhone of any model (I have a an iPhone 5s). But, I don't know why it doesn't use bluetooth. The problem with using wifi is that if your on a wifi network currently then you have to change to the wifi network that is the lens (yes you have to change to the wifi network "DIRECT-m2Q0:DSC-QX100").

(3) There is a lag if you want to view take the pictures and view them after taken. My suggestion is just to view them later.

If you love taking pictures, and want great pictures from you phone, a very nice Zeiss Lens is what this is and for that I say this Sony lens delivers the goods and for that it is phenomenal. BUT, it is definitely not something that will make your phone a replacement to a DSLR, so you need to know that going in. Now, most of those complaining are aware of that, and are complaining to the design team at Sony that chose to leave ignore some items that it knew it should have included. I am sure if this lens is even a moderate success, then Sony will produce future models that will have the complete package of bells and whistles that it should have from the beginning.

4.0 out of 5 stars QX-100 - Unique, great lens, great photos, January 22, 2014
EDIT: 12 March 2013
Sony has addressed a few issues. There's a bigger clip in the works for Phablets and Tablets, due April 2014 in Japan (in the USA likely a short bit later or grab one via a reseller).
There's also been a firmware update that allows for a few new options, notably an ISO setting, movie recording up to 1920x1080(30p), and shutter speed priority shooting mode (QX-100 only).

-------------------------

I'm pairing the QX-100 with a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I first had to pair it using WiFi, then once it connected the first time, I was able to use NFC pairing instead, allowing my phone to turn on the camera with a simple tap of the phone to the lens "Z" mark. Using NFC, I've found, is far superior to using WiFi pairing - the software loads and pairs faster than with WiFi. I've only been using this handheld or on a table/tripod since the clip doesn't fit on my phone with the phone case on. It does just barely squeeze onto the Note 3 with the case off, but I'm a chronic phone dropper and taking the case off isn't really an option.

Full Disclosure: I'm a pro who uses big, clunky, DSLRs, and loves them to bits, but there are just some times when carrying around a bag that heavy with a bunch of lenses and gear in it isn't practical or feasible. This seems to be a great compromise - it's smaller than any of my DSLR lenses, and while it doesn't perform like a DSLR, the software still allows me to modify most of the same settings (whereas my cellphone onboard camera doesn't). There's no true manual mode, but between P and A modes, I manage to get what I want.

Pros:
*Great low light performance - very little noise for what it is, but it definitely helps to use a tripod or gorillapod or something similar.
*Size - it's so compact and small, you can take it into interesting angles not accessible by other cameras.
*Picture quality is great - that lens!
*Photos save to the microSD card on the lens but can easily be copied to the phone. Tapping the review image lets the image stay up until you go back to camera mode.

Cons:
*Low Light focusing is near impossible in auto mode. I usually have to switch to manual. If I tap a focus point, it hunts, and never sticks.
*The clip doesn't fit on my phone with the case on. It just barely squeezes on with the case off. Not a big con, but still an issue.
*Software! The software tends to freeze and lock up occasionally. It usually comes back, but the waiting time can mean missing a shot.

I'd love to see...
*Better white balance options, including a custom WB setting taken off a reference photo
*Quicker reponse time - the lag/freezing in the app is a little annoying
*A bigger clip

5.0 out of 5 stars "Fun"tastic device., September 26, 2013
This review is for the Sony QX-10 that I received 6 1/2 hrs ago. Decided to go for the lower end lens instead of the 100. I already own a Canon DSLR and a Sony NEXc3 (plus several smaller P&S). I wanted something that will coexist with my phone's camera but didn't want to carry "another" camera for certain situations. Combining a good lens with its features with a smartphone and its features...Genius. Yeah, maybe carrying a P&S would be simpler but it's the possibilities of using the lens is what I'm interested in. Having the screen right in your line of sight while the lens is facing somewhere else like taking a "selfie" or low to the ground without laying down looking at the screen. Endless possibilities of taking incredible shots. If you want to take quick shots of something/someone I don't think this is for you. But for other shots....

Set up is incredibly fast. Download the sony playmemories app and input password. That's it. Or turn on NFC and tap. Pics that I've taken are satisfactory so far. All just quick test shots to see that it actually does what it say. And I'm very surprised that this WORKS flawlessly on Android phones (both Note 2 and Galaxy S2) and the complaints and negative reviews are from iPhone users and complaints are more or less based on the Sony Playmemories App for iOS instead of the lens itself.

Also, I agree with another reviewer (Paul B) with his gripes. Those were the same two things I complained about - Hitting the back button to take another pic and bracket not wide enough for my Note 2 but perfectly with my older phone Galaxy S2. I am hoping that Sony will put out more accessories for the lens at a very reasonable price (doubt that). Accessories like bigger bracket attachments in various sizing and a waterproof casing so one can use the lens like GoPro style.

The LENS itself is awesome and deserves 5 stars. But the Sony Playmemories app needs major improvements and right now this is the only weakness for the lens. Thankfully Sony released the API so 3rd Party apps should be popping up soon (camera360). I've got 2 1/2 weeks to play around with this lens/phone combo before going on a trip. I don't want to lug around my dslr or micro4/3 to where I'm going. My main camera will be my trusty canon s95 for most of my shots. And this lens will be my funky out of this world crazy shots.

EDIT 9/26/13:
Figured out one of my gripes. Hitting the back button to take another pic option CAN be changed on the Sony Playmemories app. Just need to change the "Review Image". There are 3 options: ON (which leaves the picture on until you hit the back button to go back to camera), 2sec (2 second review of shot, usual for most cameras) or OFF (no review of picture taken). I left mines at the 2sec review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge Improvement for Mobile Picture Taking, September 26, 2013
The model I ordered is the DSC-QX10 in white. I'm very happy with this purchase. I'm just a normal person who doesn't own a DSLR and have been content using my phone's camera for taking pictures on the fly and a Casio point-and-shoot if I want better quality photos. I don't usually carry my point-and-shoot, though, so I was mostly left with the phone camera, which for me isn't the best since I have the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD which is pretty well known for taking sub par fuzzy images. When I originally saw this on a tech site, I was instantly intrigued. So far, I haven't been disappointed.

The packaging is pretty cool. It comes in a small cylinder shaped box and includes manuals, a quick start up guide, battery, usb charger, phone attachment, and wrist strap. It doesn't include a micro SD card, but that really isn't needed with this device anyway since photos taken with it instantly transfers to your phone.

Set up was quick and easy. It took a few seconds to pair up with my phone, and that may be a nuisance if you're looking to quickly whip out your lens for a quick photo op. It's actually much faster if you use the NFC capability. As soon as I tapped my lens to my phone, the lens turned itself on, the app booted up, and I was connected and ready to go. I used the lens both while attached to my phone and separately in my hand. The lens attachment was able to easily fit on my phone which was in a case. The fit was snug and secure. If using it this way, it's just as easy to tap the phone screen to take a picture as it is to use the shutter button on the lower left of the lens. Using the lens separately was also fun.

I was able to get some great close angles during test shots of my sleeping dog without shoving my phone in her face. Although there is no flash, this lens handles low lights pretty well. Pretty much every picture I took with this lens was head and shoulders above my phone's camera, quality wise. This might not mean much to a lot of people who know the quality of photos my phone takes, but this is great for me. I love everything else about my phone and don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon; the only thing I wasn't too keen on was its camera. With this lens, however, I can hold on to my phone as long as I want. Even if trading up phones, camera quality won't be as big a deal with me because I can just attach this lens. Even better, my current tablet (the original Nexus 7) doesn't include a camera. That always sort of irked me, but now I have this awesome lens I could use with it. I can use this lens with any and all my devices.

This lens might not be for everyone; the price might not be attractive enough, the picture quality won't be DSLR, and a lot of people won't see the need in carrying an extra accessory around just for photos. But for me, this thing is great. It's small and compact and can easily fit into my coat pockets or purse. The quality of photos are on par with a point-and-shoot and although I'll still continue to use my phone's included camera for those quick blink-and-you-miss-it photo ops, if I have a few seconds to spare to whip out this little guy and tap it to my phone, I'll definitely be using this instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars This camera works great!, December 20, 2013
This camera has a great cool factor built into it. What you actually get is a wireless camera! The pictures as well as the video are so clear and crisp, they're unbelievable. If you have a Sony phone like the Z or the Z1, then this thing will work superbly well for you.

The operation of this camera is CPU intensive and will work best with NFC (near field communication) capable phones. You just turn on the camera and place your phone near it and boom, their connected. Once you get used to the process, it's a breeze to connect. None of the Iphones, including the latest 5s models have it, so that's where the sources of many of all the complains that I see here. It was not designed with the Iphones in mind, despite their popularity. The camera was designed to work best with Sony latest flagship phones.

Don't bother if you have a cheap old smart phone with a low resolution camera and want to complement it with the QX-100 because it won't work that way. At least a quad core CPU phone is able to pull this off as the camera has to send wireless images continuously to the phone and the phone must process them fast enough so that we can use the phone as our viewfinder. Anyways, I hope my review will help people make an informed decision in purchasing this cool gadget.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lag, lag and oh more lag, November 7, 2013
This is sad but I cannot give this product any rating higher than 2 stars, it failed on me too many times that I had to return it.

Keep in mind that I used the camera with a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, 3 and an iPhone 5.

First let me talk about syncing and first time use:
1. Download and install app via app store or playstore
2. Turn camera on and make sure to make it discoverable so that your device may scan for it
3. Make sure your device is on same wifi network as the camera (it has its own wifi address so connect to that, Android with NFC makes this hassle free)
4. Type annoying pw that is found on one the tags of the camera (your supposed to type it once only but I had to do it numerous times after exiting the app and shutting the camera off)
5. Carefully snap on to your device and test it out.

Overall the process is supposed to be simple but you may run into problems with scanning, connecting and disconnecting oh and LAG lots of lag.

I noticed that the camera works better with an Android device since the iPhone had trouble scanning for the camera wifi network as well as automatically connecting when powered on. The android did a much better job at scanning and connecting.

There's a bit of lag (depends on your device) when taking photos, aiming at your subject(s) and connecting. It gets frustrating really fast that you end up using the camera app on your device.

For some reason my iPhone tended to drop connection compared to my Android devices (the NFC really helps).

There are two ways to take a photo, you can use the physical button located on the side of the camera or you can use the sony app. Just make sure that the subject you are taking a picture of is not moving otherwise the lag will give you a nice blurry photo.

The zoom feature is actually pretty nice but also lags (there is too much lag between communication of the sony software and the camera).

There is no flash so make sure you have plenty of light source otherwise you will get some very dark photos.

Photo quality varies (light source) and while the photos are not that bad, I found most to be washed out, over saturated, unbalanced tones and a bit noisy (not as clear as I hoped). I only got a few shots that I actually liked and this was probably due to the light source. I should also note that most of my photos were taken outside, quality improved indoors in a well lit room.
I am not a pro so I cannot provide a more detailed review on photo quality.

Design wise the camera looks very very nice too bad it feels cheap real cheap. I had the white colored QX10 which looks GREAT on the new iPhone 5s gold (temporarily borrowed from a friend to see how it looked).

Software is like any other camera app but you cannot save to an SD card for some reason. You can immediately share to Instagram or another photo social sharing app but that was never my intention to begin with. Software did not play nicely with the iPhone 5 so just focused on using Android.

A pro of the QX10 is that it fits most phones even phablets, just do not use a case.

I had trouble reconnecting my devices to the camera each time I turned it off. Sometimes the device would see the camera and automatically connect to it but most of the time I had to go through the entire set up all over again. Not worth the hassle.

I gave it two days and decided to return it.

Interestingly enough I was at a sony retail store and was able to play with the QX100 which was more stable and syncing worked as advertised. Photo quality was impressive and there was less lag. But the price tag was not worth it and I never really saw myself using this camera on a daily basis to justify the price tag.

This camera is suited more toward hobbyist, not even your average consumer will use it too much due to the hassle of turning it on, waiting for it to connect and launching the app.

My experience was a poor one but yours may be different and pleasant so ultimately decide are you the type that will use the camera on a daily basis that justifies the price or are you an impulse buyer that wants to add another unnecessary accessory to your tech collection. If that latter, do not buy since it will just gather dust.

Rate and Discover Movies