1.0 out of 5 stars Vaio Laptop, October 2, 2009
This review is from: Sony VAIO VGN-CS385J/Q 14.1-Inch Laptop - Black (Personal Computers)
****EDIT*

I no longer have this laptop but A few months after I bought this brand new laptop, I had to get a screen replacement because of faulty manufacturers screen. Then another month later I had to get a fan replacement.

Total took about a month to get it repaired. Horrible laptop. Fixed this twice within 6 months.

*Original Posting*
Pros:
Portable "14.1 inch"
Good battery life (1 1/2 hrs on high perf, 3 hrs on powersaver)
Awesome graphics
Very fast and easy to setup
Love the keyboard. It is not cheaply made, very comfortable
The touchpad is decent, good feeling.
A lot of free space memory "400GB"
Cons:
Sound performance should of been better since it is a $1,000 retailed price
It has a bad quality sound when turning the sound on max
Webcam should of been better as well and not as much features on it.

All in all I give it a 8.5/10
I would recommend this to anyone who wants an above decent laptop.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst performance!! Don't count on Sony support, January 22, 2010
I've had this laptop for less than 3 week and it already needs hardware replacement (vents and keyboard, to be precise). All that would normally be done under the warranty, however it's Sony! which I discovred does not actually provide help.

Before I bought it I made sure to ask Sony if I could get help in Europe (I knew I'd be moving soon), they assured me that yes! For the past 2 days and 5calls to Sony I've been, in vein, trying to get a phone nr that I can call in Europe and they keep on giving me invalid phone nrs!More so, now they refuse to pay for anything that's been repaired outside the US.
Completely useless talking to them either!

Bottom line:
no wonder sony has been performing badly financially over recent years:
The quality of their products sucks;
Customer service is nonexistent.

Re laptop:

Mouse is behaving, but the buttons are very hard to click on and loud. I'm comparing to Thinkpads and Dell i've had before. The keyboard is good, however lacks some keys like: PGUP, PGDN, HOME, END. You can only have this by combinaion of keys which is not handy. Also does not have front/back keys next to the arrows(like Thinkpad does).
The sound is not good (compared to Dell), however the visual is better.

It is not a thin laptop, so apart from the color it does not really look 'sexy' at all.

Window Vista is a crap! Even welcome launcher stopped working and is annoyingly informing you about this everytime the computer is started.

Definitely regretting the purchase and should have listened to the friends who said I should go for a Mcbook...