Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony VCT-TA1 Camera Angle Mount for Sony Action Cam HDR-AS10 and HDR-AS15 (Black)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

The Sony Tilt Adapter is a great addition to your action cam. It will give you the ability to have more control of where your action cam is pointing particularly when using it in conjunction with some other Sony mounts. For instance the Head Mount kit Sony VCTGM1 Headband and Clip-on Kit for Waterproof Housing can benefit greatly from the addition of the tilt adapter.

This is useful for any situation where you need the ability to easily adjust the angle of the camera when in a mount. It screws to the bottom of the waterproof housing and the bottom of the mount can then be attached to an quick-release clip and attached to an adhesive mount or other Sony kit.

It seems to be well-made and pretty solid.

I was provided a sample for review.
on December 6, 2013
The Sony Action Cam only comes with a fixed adhesive mount. Mounting the fixed adhesive mount onto my ski helmet was a challenge because I had to decide on a place on the helmet to mount the camera so it would be pointing in the correct horizontal view. After I mounted the camera it ended up pointing too low. I ordered this so I can remount the camera and have the flexibility of pointing the camera at the right height. I got the product today and it looks like it will do the trick. Nice quality product.

This mount is awesome!

The bottom of the mount is like the bottom of the Sony clear case so you would mount the yellow clip came with the camera to the base of the mount. You then mount the camera on top of the mount and it has a thumb knob to tighten the camera on to the mount.

This is a must have if you are planning to mount your Sony Action Cam onto your helmet. Don't try to mount the camera onto your helmet using the fixed adhesive mount, you will regret it, buy this mount and you'll be much happier.

I will update with more info after I remount my camera using this product.
on July 6, 2015
This is one of the more useful mounts for sony's action cams. I use this with a hdr-100 mounted on top of my helmet. It gives you the freedom to point your camera in about four different positions. It moves in one axis. It can be pointed down and all the way up at its maximum. It also locks into place, there is a button on the side that you need to depress in order to change the angle of the mount. It is very stable and works perfectly for my mountain biking.
on April 7, 2015
I don't know why I need to review this. It is what it is. Let the picture speak for itself :)
review image
on April 20, 2014
Sony VCT-TA1 Camera Angle Mount for Sony Action Cam

Used with the HDR-AS15 in it's waterproof camera, however purchased the new HDR-AS100VR and will plan to use it with the new action cam.

Original used to help adjust the pitch of the camera on my helmet mount and VCT-GM1, however felt the weight on the VCT-GM1 was awkward and the fact that it looked really awkward with it on my helmet mount with addition to the Action Cam.

Will be using with a flat adhesive mount on my snowboard and pitch it upwards or whenever I need to adjust the pitch while using it with the mount.
on June 10, 2014
Fits the Action Cam perfectly and securely. Solid construction. My only complaint is that it does not tilt really far in either direction-- you can't tilt the camera straight up, which for some mounting situations would be nice to have, and at this price I would kind of expect it. Overall it's a decent tilt-mount for the action cam.
on January 11, 2014
I use this as dashcam mount. There are some of information not in the instruction:
- there is a smooth raised rubber ring (about 1mm) around the screw for gripping the camera base
- the VHS/anti-slip pin is spring loaded. This can be used to mount any other devices which does not have a hole to handle the VHS pin. I occasionally use this for my Zoom H1 voice recorder.
on December 26, 2014
This is a good mount for the Sony Action Cam. I purchased this for use with the Mountainsmith Trekker FX 7075 Pole (http://www.amazon.com/Mountainsmith-Trekker-Trekking-Poles-Black/dp/B00EWNJ174/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1419651354&sr=8-5&keywords=mountainsmith+trekking+poles) and together they worked as a perfect combo for capturing action video when hiking. This gets 4 stars from me because it's essentially an expensive piece of plastic.
on April 22, 2014
This angle mount works great for what it is. Seems well made and should last for some time. Would be nice if it swiveled left to right also but I can make it would for my application. I recommend it.
on July 4, 2014
This mount is well conceived but not that well executed. The mount out of the box has too much play in the joint, which results in extra vibration in the picture.

This problem however can be fixed easily – unscrew the top two screws and insert a small rubber washer between the camera mounting screw wheel and the top of the roller. This will make the joint tight and there will be no more play - i.e. vibration.
I used 5/16x3/4x1/16 and it fit right in.

Sony should fix this permanently however by having rubber washers on the axle of the joint assembly from the get go to make it tight. Disappointing they have not done this, they must know about this issue.

So the conclusion – for the usability there is nothing out there I could find that is as good. So get it, fix it and enjoy it.