4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, needs back
There's nothing like a circular polarizer for making your pictures look better, but the Sony's RX-100 II does not let you attach filters without an adapter like this one.

Published 14 months ago by Jim Chou

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware it's a sticker
Be aware this is a sticker. The kit comes with 4 parts. (1) a guide. (2) a small threaded ring with a sticky back (3) a clip on filter adaptor (4) a string with 2 rings

Published 14 months ago by Gregg Tavares

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware it's a sticker, October 11, 2013
This review is from: Sony VFA49R1 Filter Adapter for DSC-RX100 series (Black) (Electronics)

The guide (1) is used just once to help you stick the ring (2) to the camera in the exact correct spot. The ring (2) sticks with sticky tape basically. Once it's on you can a clip on/off the filter adaptor (3). The string with 2 rings (4) will help you pry the ring(1) off the camera but the manual points out once you do that it won't be sticky enough to put back on.

It works but it's kind of wonky and I suspect that eventually ring will work itself off at which point you'll have to buy another (or use some kind of glue). I can certainly imagine the ring being pushed and pulled in my pocket. Maybe less so in a camera bag. Also if you don't take the filter adaptor off the moment you're done I can imagine straining the ring by bumping the filter adaptor etc and eventually it will come off.

Of course given I don't know of any alternatives that's basically what we get.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, needs back, October 3, 2013
Jim Chou (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews

I bought this from the Sony store along with my camera, and it works great - it was simple to install and appears stable. I used my camera for three weeks, taking this adapter on and off (simpler than unscrewing filter) several times a day, and the mount still appears as attached as ever.

One thing it lacks is a rear cover - when you take your adapter (and filter) off, it would be nice to just click this on to a rear cover and slap on a lens cover onto the filter so they don't get dirty in your pocket.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with the RX100 M3!, August 8, 2014
Do not by this filter kit for the RX100 M3 even though it's listed in the specs! The filter holder vignettes in all four corners at the widest zoom setting. Totally unsatisfactory. I should have known something was up when the fitting ring didn't fit snug around the lens, I had to position it manually.

This is not the filter holder you're looking for if you have an RX100 M3. Lensmate (www.lensmateonline.com/)makes a 52mm filter holder that does work and there's no vignetting at the widest setting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Makes the camera much larger; the adhesive didn't last for me., February 13, 2014
Badger (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
Nice idea, but two problems came up for me:

1) The lens cap more than doubles the amount that the closed lens protrudes from the body of the camera. With this attachment, the camera is much less pocketable.

2) I put the camera in a case (not the standard one from Sony), and put that in my luggage. By the time I (and the camera) had reached the destination, the adaptor's adhesive had failed, even though I'd let the adaptor sit on the camera undisturbed for the recommended 24 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, February 17, 2014
I am using this to mate my Sony RX100 MkII to a telescope eyepiece for eyepiece projection astrophotography. Does a fantastic job at this, as well as holding a circular polarizer. The adhesive holds the adapter ring to the camera very tightly!

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, January 30, 2014
James C. Jewell (santa cruz, ca United States) - See all my reviews
Pro: The installation was easy as the adapter is held on by double sided tape.
Cons:
the adapter with a filter is too long to allow the Sony camera case to snap shut so I had to stop using the case
the glue on the double sided tape failed after two weeks. I have residue on the camera and an unmounted filter attachment.

Overall: I am very diappointed in this poorly designed afterthought of an attachment by Sony.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, September 27, 2013
Fits the RX100 II perfectly and installation was an easy task. Just line up the camera with the guide, remove the adhesive strip protector and attach. The actual part where the filter resides is removable... kind of similar to how you'd remove a lens cap on a traditional SLR lens. Very intuitive and useful. I'm using mine with a B+W slim UV filter which works nicely. I also got a 49mm pinch cap from EZ-Foto to attach so that the lens and everything else are always protected. It does make the whole camera a bit wider with everything attached but it's not too much of a concern for me since I don't put my cameras in my pocket too much and if I did I can just remove the filter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and easy to install on camera, September 13, 2013
Amazon Customer (COEUR D ALENE, ID, US) - See all my reviews
Received this today..Nervous thinking about installing on camera as I often mess up.
I followed the instruction carefully and it is perfect. You can't wing it, you need to follow instructions.
I have the Sony jacket case..lcjrxc/b, with the adapter on lens I can snap the two snaps on the bottom, when I put the filter on I can only snap one snap. Not a deal breaker for me...I'll figure out how to keep the case closed with some sort of tie when filter is on..

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the QX100, October 1, 2014
I bought this for my DSC-QX100. Great addition so now I can use filters.
Be advice that the positioning ring is intended for the RX100 and RX100 MkII. But it still helps,with a little effort, to set in the QX100. Doesn't took me more than 5 minutes. At my camera it doesn't seem to vignette or obstruct at all. Threads fits nice and smooth my filters.

Great addition. Fully recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to follow instructions, easy to install, April 17, 2014
item was as expected, manual was clear, easy to install im very happy.. just make sure that you take appart the adapter before putting into a bag or the base of the adapter might come loose.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›