Fight back against cluttered workspaces with the stylish Sony VAIO JS All-in-One desktop PC, featuring powerful computing resources and a stunning 20.1-inch widescreen display with stunning XBRITE-HiColor LCD technology. The silver Sony VAIO VGC-JS160J/S has a built-in microphone and MOTION EYE camera with face-tracking technology that allows for easy communication with friends and family. The Blu-ray Disc optical drive lets you play HD Blu-ray Disc movies in crystal-clear resolution with immersive audio via Dolby Digital Live surround sound technology. And it has a built-in DVD burner and Sony's Movie Store software so you can create a digital entertainment library for personal viewing at your convenience. Easy to setup and even easier to use, this JS-series All-in-One includes an elegantly designed keyboard and a USB mouse.
The Sony VAIO JS All-in-One desktop PC in silver.
This desktop is powered by the 2.5 GHz Intel Pentium E5200 dual-core processor, which increases the efficiency and speed of the PC while running multiple programs and the latest multi-threaded software. Five high-speed USB 2.0 ports and one FireWire/i.LINK port are conveniently located on the back and sides for easy access and let you attach virtually all your peripherals without having to buy additional hardware. Other features include a 500 GB hard drive, 4 GB of installed RAM (maximizing capacity), Draft-N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) and Gigabit Ethernet networking, S/PDIF digital audio output, Intel GMA X4500HD graphics (with 1750 MB of total available video memory), and integrated 3-watt stereo speakers (for 6 watts of total power. It comes preinstalled with the 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1).
This Sony desktop is RoHS-compliant, effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
- Processor: The 2.5 GHz Intel Pentium E5200 dual-core processor delivers additional computing resources and help expand the PCs capabilities by providing higher throughput and simultaneous computing. You'll be able to perform multiple tasks such as digital rendering and gaming all while running virus scan or other background tasks seamlessly. And its Intel 64 architecture is also ready for tomorrow's 64-bit applications, and offers enhanced performance through improved virtual memory. Each core shares 1 MB of L2 cache (for a 2 MB total), and they have an 800 MHz front-side bus. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
- Hard Drive: The ginormous 500 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM) provides more than enough capacity for storing a large audio and video library, as well as extra space required for video editing. This SATA hard drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to Firewire and USB 2.0.
- Memory: The 4 GB of installed RAM (PC2-6400, 2 x 2 GB) maximizes the capacity for this notebook,. It also offers an ultra-fast 800 MHz speed.
- DVD/CD Drive: This Sony desktop is capable of playing back Blu-ray Disc movies in stunning clarity, as well as playing your current library of purchased and burned disc content. This notebook can also write standard DVD and CD media. The BD drive offers a 5x speed for reading BD-R/RE discs and a 5x BD-R/RE DL (dual layer) read speed. It also offers the following write speeds for standard DVD and CD discs: 6x DVD±R DL, 8x for single-layer DVD±R, 6x DVD±RW, 24x CD-R/RW, and 5x for DVD-RAM.
- Keyboard & Mouse: The elegant, yet simple keyboard has an isolated key design with 19.05mm pitch and 2.0 mm stroke, and it can be stored below the LCD to save space. It includes a variety of action buttons, including volume +/-, muting, zoom in/out.
Screen, Video & Audio
| Spec Check |
- Color: Silver
- 20.1-inch XBRITE-HiColor LCD screen
- 2.5 GHz Intel Pentium E5200 processor
- 500 GB hard drive
- 4 GB RAM (maximum)
- Blu-ray Disc read, DVD±R read/write
- Draft-N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth and Gigabit Ethernet
- Intel GMA X4500HD graphics
- Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)
The 20.1-inch LCD panel has an amazing 1680 x 1050-pixel resolution. And thanks to Sony's XBRITE-HiColor panel technology, the flat-panel screen will deliver dazzling colors and sharp images whether displaying a DVD movie, television show, or web content. It delivers deep blacks and bright whites, true-to-life color, and razor-sharp detail. And with a glare filter and anti-reflective coating to minimize reflection, you'll experience a beautifully clear image.
Video is powered by the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500, which uses shared video memory (up to 1750 MB allocated from the system memory) and provides Windows Vista Aero interface support and enhanced 3D graphics performance--delivering over 2x scores on 3DMark 06. Intel Clear Video Technology provides outstanding video playback with sharper image quality, increased clarity, and customizable color controls. It also enables enhanced visual quality of interlaced content on progressive displays.
This desktop also has an integrated Intel High Definition Audio card with Dolby Digital Live, which provides real-time encoding technology that converts any audio signal into a Dolby Digital bitstream for transport and playback through a home theater system. It provides Dolby Digital (5.1-channel surround sound) during movie playback and gameplay, immersing players in high-quality surround sound that puts them at the center of the action. It includes two built-in stereo speakers, each with 3 watts of output (6 watts total).
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
Enjoy easy wireless networking with the integrated tri-mode Atheros Draft-N wireless LAN (compatible with 802.11b/g/n wireless networks). Based on the draft 802.11n Wi-Fi specification, it offers up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range as existing 802.11g wireless. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found in home routers and wi-fi hotspots). This desktop also provides ultra-fast Gigabit Ethernet networking (10/100/1000). With the Bluetooth connectivity, you can communicate and synchronize with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as PDAs and cell phones as well as enjoy wireless stereo music streaming (thanks to its embedded A2DP profile). Here's the full list of connection options:
The back of the the All-in-One with Ethernet and digital audio ports (above), and its stylish keyboard (below).
- 5 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- 1 FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) port for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals
- Audio out: 1 S/PDIF digital audio and 1 headphone
- 1 microphone/line-in
- RJ-45 port for 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- 56K modem port (V.90/V.92)
- Memory Stick/Memory Stick PRO slot (Standard/Duo with MagicGate functionality)
- Secure Digital memory card slot (compatible with MMC cards)
The 64-bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium (with SP1) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
Microsoft Windows Live OneCare anti-virus and recovery (trial version), Microsoft Works SE 9.0, Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student (60-day trial), Sony Click to Disk Editor (CD and DVD burning), VAIO Movie Story (video editing), VAIO MusicBox
Dimensions & Weight
The All-in-One measures 19.2 x 16.1 x 6.18 inches (WxHxD) and weighs 18.7 pounds (excludes keyboard and mouse)
This desktop computer consumes 150 watts of power.
What's in the Box
This package contains the VGC-JS160J/S All-inOne desktop PC in silver AC adapter and power cord, USB keyboard, USB mouse, and operating instructions. It is backed by a one-year limited hardware warranty, and Sony offers 1-year of toll-free telephone technical assistance.