5.0 out of 5 stars Review of the LT 28E model
Published on May 1, 2008 by Michael J. Foley

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT GET THIS COMPUTER
Today I got the phone call from the tech shop where I dropped my computer off saying that it is completely a dead item. I'm no techie, but here's what happened.
Published on August 20, 2010 by Katy

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of the LT 28E model, May 1, 2008
Michael J. Foley (Sherman Oaks, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Be sure that you associate this review with the LT 28E model. What sold me on this computer was the Blu Ray player (it plays beautifully Blu Ray pre-recorded DVDs) and recorder. I got a 50GB rewritable disc, which is expensive but it holds 50GB of information!! I remember back when a standard DVD costs quite a bit and they only hold 7.4GB. I plan on downloading and editing video from my Canon HD camera and then burning the results out to Blu Ray Discs. Full 1080. That's another reason that the 500GB hard drive is useful. There is an upgrade model that offers a double sized hard drive. I'll follow up if there are any problems.

There's been a lot of talk about the negatives of the Vista operating system. I have had absolutely no problem with it, especially after downloading the Windows updates. This is a large corporation, They're going to fix any problems

But this computer... A 22" brilliant screen with a 500GB hard drive and 3GB of RAM!

There was no manual included with my computer and I think that this was just an oversight. I didn't even know how to get the back off to install the AC input. A call to tech support fixed this and I eventually downloaded the huge manual from the Sony website.

Setup was extremely easy and I had a problem with setting up my password (my mistake) and the Sony tech support was right there for me and fixed it.

I have a PC notebook from maybe 5 years ago and the tech advancements are evident. This computer is SO much faster and with the wireless keyboard as well as wireless mouse, is just icing on the cake.

So far, I really love this thing! The visuals are magnificent! And again, it is fast!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT GET THIS COMPUTER, August 20, 2010
Katy (REXBURG, ID, US) - See all my reviews
I've had my computer for 2 years now. It was brand new when I bought it and I've babied it like crazy. For a Sony brand I was shocked how OFTEN little problems would crop up that would need a professional's help to solve. And this final PROBLEM went like this:
The computer worked just fine, no problems, one night. Then the very next morning it would not start. There was a beeping code, but a completely blank screen. We thoroughly checked the video cards and hard drives. After not being able to fix it ourselves, I sent it into the computer repair shop where they had to call Sony techs and FINALLY got a confirmed answer that it would be an $800 repair and there was truly nothing else to do. The entire computer is now un-salvageable. However, Sony techs said that they have definitely seen this same problem (whatever it was) before.

I'm sickened. So much money wasted. I am livid about the lack of help Sony support offers. I have spent countless hours on the phone trying to get ANYONE to help me out.

Please don't make the mistake I did. Even though these all-in-ones are so pretty and in theory a great idea... once ONE thing is messed up with it... the entire computer is worthless.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Bringing Sexy Back..., June 16, 2008
I bought this computer to replace an old refurbished Dell that I purchased five years ago. This thing is freaking awesome. For starters, it just looks cool. It looks like it's floating on my desk. Its case is slim, and the 22 inch Bravia screen is brilliant, AND it comes with a Blu-ray Disc player. Set up was a breeze and took all of 20 mins.

I only have two minor gripes: I think someone mentioned it before, but the keypad does not have a numlock light. Small annoyance, but it's difficult to see whether the lock is on or not when I'm using the computer in the dark. Also, I've only had the computer running for about a month and I've had to replace the mouse's batteries for the first time the other day. Make sure to turn the mouse and keyboard off when not in use to cut down on the cost of batteries.

The computer came with Vista Premium pre-loaded, and I have not had any problems with the software. I actually really like the new Microsoft Office Window's Media Center.

Overall, this is a great (if not expensive) home computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Vaio VGC-LT25E 22" PC/TV All-in-One, May 26, 2008
DFH (Somerville, MA) - See all my reviews
Was very nervous ordering such an expensive computer on line, but after reading all the reviews and then going to other sites to read reviews, I felt better about trying it. When delivered, the outer Amazon Box was very loose, but secure enough to hold the inner more solid and secure Sony Vaio box. The computer unpacked easily and was in excellent condition. Everything I needed to know I was able to easily find on line in the Computer's on-line help guide. I just plugged this baby in and was good to go! I have to say I was both relieved and impressed at how easy this all was. The computer is a pretty machine too. The 22" screen is a nice addition to my desk and I love that there are less wires and peices hanging around. I've heard so many horror stories about the Vista operatng system, I was nervous about adding my older HP printer, but with the assurance from the Sony online guides it was another easy, "just plug it in" and I was ready to go! (the Vaio automatically downloaded the correct driver and I was all set) I am totally happy with it so far but I'm still experimenting with all it has to offer. I am also very happy with the speed with which I received the computer. I opted for Amazon's super saver free shipping and got the computer in about 5 days. so that was a great savings too. I couldn't have asked for more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Masters of Crapware, June 23, 2008
Duffer. "Bo" (Conyers, GA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a decent PC as far as eliminating some cables but comes with no backup software, not even the operating system software. There is a record-breaking amount of crapware preloaded on the PC. Takes a long time to remove it. If I had it to do over again I would choose a PC that provides at least a copy of the operating system and minimal crapware.

1.0 out of 5 stars It Isn't What Sony Says It Is!, April 19, 2008
This is advertised as "It's a VAIO PC. It's an HDTV. It's all-in-one." (From the SONY brochure). The TV cable input iscoaxial cable only! Itcan not handle HDTV. SONY says HDTV can be conected thru the USB port. But COMCAST uses a MOTOROLA HDTV box in which the USB is not enabled. Nor is itin any of Motorola's boxes. Nor does Comcast know on anyone who uses a HDTV box that has USB enabled. SONY says we must buy a TV aerial so we can access the user's guide which will tell us something. SONY refuses to have their technician talk to COMCast's technician to try to resolve the problem. So much for SONY's product support - or lack of it! It all adds up to false advertising. What can I do but return it?

5.0 out of 5 stars ITS A SONY, April 21, 2008
This review is from: Sony VAIO VGC-LT23E 22-inch PC/TV All-in-one (2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 Processor, 3 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drive, Vista Premium) (Personal Computers)
Thats all it needs to say. Sleek design, performance out the waazoo, dependability, and its a Sony. Bought a Dell XPS One and it shot craps after 30 days and they wont fix it and wont replace it, so I did. Believe me, owned them both and Sony is hands down the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Journey, February 12, 2010
With technology advancing so well, some folks posting still complain about simple things. The Sony VAIO is a beautiful conversation piece and stands out in any home or office setting. The quality ranks among the best and I'm in love with my All-IN-ONE! All of my DVD's play so well and without any problems. The best part about all of is a lack of chords hanging around. I love not having chords in the way and being pulled! Go for it!

Update - It's 2012 and my computer is still working wonderful. The only thing that was needed was some software updates. Other than that, it's still one of my best purchases!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fussy is wrong, October 13, 2008
Fussy and others who reviewed this computer and said the tv tuner didn't work are wrong. I hooked is up to my rooftop antenna and got HD content with no problems. Battery life is just fine with the mouse and keyboard, and how can a monitor be too bright? If you don't like the brightness level, just lower it! When I read Fussy's review, I think he must work for a rival computer company. I really like Sony products and especially like their support, always friendly and helpful!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, June 4, 2009
It is realy not bad. Much better than my Dell. 4 stars, 'couse mouse is no good and I cann't install SP2 for Vista

Rate and Discover Movies