Offering powerful computing resources at an affordable price, the Sony VAIO VGN-NR260E/T also makes a stylish statement with rounded corners and unique coloring. Named for an exotic African wood, this Wenge VAIO NR notebook features a dark, rich brown color with subtle copper accents that shine through in angled light. The widescreen 15.4-inch screen makes it easy to multitask in several open windows, or watch a DVD in its proper aspect ratio. And Sony's original XBRITE-ECO LCD technology delivers razor-sharp details and crisp, bold colors--all while conserving battery life. The instant AV Mode feature enables you to start watching a DVD or listening to music with the push of a single button--without having to boot up the system.
This notebook is powered by the 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium T2330 dual-core processor and it comes with 2 GB of installed RAM (maximizing capacity). Other features include a roomy 200 GB hard drive, 54g Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11b/g), multi-format/dual-layer DVD±RW drive (which also burns CDs), ExpressCard 34 slot, and both Memory Stick and SD memory cart slots.
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center. In addition to easily playing your DVD movies and managing your digital audio library, you'll be able to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV). Vista also integrates new search tools throughout the operating system, includes new parental control features, and offers new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures.
Screen, Video & Audio
- Processor: The 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium T2330 dual-core processor delivers additional computing resources and help expand the PCs capabilities by providing higher throughput and simultaneous computing. You'll be able to perform multiple tasks such as digital rendering and gaming all while running virus scan or other background tasks seamlessly. Each core shares 1 MB of L2 cache, and they have a 533 MHz front-side bus. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
- Hard Drive: The 200 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM) provides more than enough capacity for storing a large audio and video library, as well as extra space required for video editing. This SATA hard drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to FireWire and USB 2.0.
- Memory: The 2 GB of installed DDR2 RAM (PC4200, 2 x 1024 MB DDR2, 533 MHz) maximizes the capacity for this notebook, and the additional capacity helps boost the amount of available video RAM that's shared with this notebook's video card.
- DVD/CD Drive: The dual-layer DVD drive is compatible with a wide range of formats, including both DVD+RW and DVD-RW discs, CD-RW discs, and dual-layer (DL) DVD+/-R discs, which can hold up to 8.5 GB of data--great for backing up your MP3 collection or your most important documents. It features the following speeds: 4x for DVD+R DL, 4x for DVD-R DL, 8x for both single layer DVD+R/-R, 8x for single layer DVD+RW, 6x for single layer DVD-RW, 5x for DVD-RAM, and 24x for CD-R/RW. It reads DVD-ROM discs at 8x and CD-ROMs at 24x.
- Keyboard & Mouse: This notebook has a standard 82-key keyboard (2mm stroke and 19.05mm pitch) and electro-static two-button touchpad.
You'll enjoy razor-sharp graphics and widescreen movies with the 15.4-inch WXGA high-definition screen, with its 1280 x 800-pixel resolution. The XBRITE-ECO technology delivers brilliant colors and stunning clarity with efficient power usage, and it features an anti-reflective coating to minimize reflection and ensure a beautifully clear image from any viewing angle.
Video is powered by the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100, which uses shared video memory (up to 358 MB allocated from the system memory) and provides Windows Vista Aero interface support and enhanced 3-D graphics performance--delivering over 2x scores on 3-DMark 06. Intel Clear Video Technology provides outstanding video playback with sharper image quality, increased clarity, and customizable color controls. It also enables enhanced visual quality of interlaced content on progressive displays.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
This notebook has an integrated Atheros 54g wireless LAN that's fully compatible with 802.11b/g wireless networks. This notebook also includes a next-generation ExpressCard 34 card slot (no PCMCIA slot), which lets you take advantage of thinner, faster, and lighter expansion cards for even more advanced wireless, networking, storage, and security features. Here's the full list of connectivity options:
- 4 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- 1 FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) port for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals
- Video output: 1 VGA
- 1 ExpressCard/34 slot
- Memory Stick/Memory Stick DUO slot (with MagicGate functionality)
- Secure Digital memory card slot (compatible with MMC cards)
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
- Fast Ethernet port for a 10/100 connection
- 56K modem (V.90/V.92)
Windows Vista Home Premium is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
Includes Sony Click to DVD (for easy DVD creation), Microsoft Works SE 9.0, Microsoft Office 2007 (60-day trial), Symantec Norton 360 All-In-One Security (with 60 days of Live Update).
Dimensions & Weight
This notebook measures 14.2 x 10.6 x 1.5 inches (WxDxH) and weighs 6.2 pounds.
It's powered by the VGP-BPS9/B rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which has a battery life of between 2.5 and 4.5 hours (depending on usage).
What's in the Box
This package contains the VGN-NR260E/T notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions. It is backed by a one-year limited hardware warranty, and Sony offers 1-year of toll-free telephone technical assistance.