Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony VAIO VPCEH34FX/W 15.5-Inch Laptop (White)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 7, 2012
The only thing I will recomend for this laptop,is, buy another 4gig memory card and expand it to 8. I got a card at best buy for 25 bucks, and it really made a vast improvement in my computers speed. I'm sure you can find one at Amazon for less, but its well worth the investment. If you get a card, Youtube has many videos on how to install it. Trust me, it was easy. It took 5 min. You will not have to have a shop do it. Just remember to remove the battery before you do it, and have a small philips ready.
on January 31, 2012
I did tons of research before I purchased this computer, & I'm so glad i purchased this one! Set up is a breeze. I love the pattern on the computer, it completely eliminates finger prints & smudges. I have read reviews that said not very good speakers/sound. But, I have to disagree, mine is powerful & I love it! The offset track pad is in the perfect position for typing & very convenient. Fast shipping,(I chose 2 day)arrived exactly when it was estimated. Tracking was dead on accurate. I love this computer, hopefully it lasts a long time! Overall review: BUY IT!!!
on February 25, 2012
I couldn't be happier with my new Sony laptop. I switched from an HP Entertainment laptop and have no regrets. Being a neat freak I especially love the texture of the outside and wrist rest area that doesn't show fingerprints. I was able to set it up and get going in no time. I read some comment regarding the screen size being smaller... doesn't bother me at all. Love it!
on February 10, 2012
Best 6hundred bucks ever spent this laptop is everything and so much more! I searched and searched for close to a year (NOT KIDDING) to make sure I got something that was worth every penny. And I'm more then satisfied w/my new pink VAIO. I love this thing and treat it like gold. lol It's my first but my Mother in-law has gone through so many laptops (none were Sony) in the past 3 years it's insane. and it's not like she dropped any of them they just couldn't keep up with all the work she does and did and just burnt out on her or overheated. I have always had and grown up around Sony products and they've always held up to there standards.

If your thinking about a new laptop and your not sure this is a great buy!
But do your research and never make a purchase until you feel a 100% confident in what your investing in.
on April 11, 2012
I bought this laptop for my wife to use for work purposes, and she is definitely getting our money's worth out of this computer. I did do an initial upgrade to Windows 7 Professional, and increased the total RAM up to 8GB (just to give it that little extra boost). Screen clarity is excellent, the touch pad mouse is easy to use, and my wife likes the keyboard layout. She especially likes the white case... helps it stand out from most other computers, and reduces the ability for a mix up.
on March 10, 2012
i have used many different laptops between my friends and family and this one is by far the best one. i ordered this because my friend had said sony would be the way to go, and for the price i couldnt pass it up!
i would totally recommend this to anyone!
on April 27, 2012
I had done a lot of research before buying a new laptop, because I was hesitant to go with another brand. I purchased this through Amazon, it arrived within the shipping time indicated, and in perfect condition. It was so easy to setup; the color was so pretty (I bought the pink one, my favorite color), which is a bonus; and it runs so smoothly. I had an HP dv7 laptop that lasted about three years before it crapped out on me, and I thought I would always stick to HP. This Vaio is so quiet, even under heavier use, I was almost ashamed my last laptop's fan was so loud! I don't have a problem with the offset mouse/trackpad, it works fine just for me. The screen is also just right, I was concerned since the trackpad and screen seemed to be the biggest issues with this laptop, but I am doing just fine. I am very happy with this laptop.
on May 5, 2012
I got this to use as a personal laptop, apart from my work laptop. It was very reasonably priced for a solid Sony Vaio. Using a 12.5 inch laptop for work, I was caught off-guard at how big a 15.5" really is. That said, I intend to travel with it infrequently, so don't see the size as a disadvantage. Rather, it gives me a nice big screen without needing a separate monitor. The PC also has a relatively short battery life, only a few hours, but, again, since I don't intend to travel much with it, I can just make sure to work with it plugged in.

While some people have complained about the texture of the trackpad, I quite like it. And I like even more the smooth, textured surface of the laptop itself. The off-center trackpad takes a little time to get used to, but is definitely not a major detriment for me. It's great to have the integrated DVD/CD player, which is increasing omitted from smaller laptops.

The VPCEH34FX is not the fastest laptop out there, but I'm not a gamer and it seems okay for surfing, basic use of MS Word and Excel, email and the like. Overall, I am quite pleased with the purchase and expect to have this around for home use for a long time.
on April 22, 2012
My Dell XPS M1530 laptop crashed and I learned that the video card was defective. Since I was out of warranty on a laptop that was only 3 years old and didn't want to spend $500 on a new motherboard to fix the Dell piece of junk, I decided it was time to shop for a new laptop. I decided on purchasing the Sony VAIO and am very happy with my decision. I like that it has the number keys set aside on the right hand side of the keyboard and like the fingerprint free design. But most of all, I am very happy with it's function, quick startup, and utility. I think it is the best laptop I have owned without question.
on April 18, 2012
I like the finish, it feels great. I also like the # pad on it. The speakers aren't that loud so I got the gogroove sonawave from Amazon for 24.99 & it sounds wonderful now.