5.0 out of 5 stars Best Workout Device Out There!
Published on December 19, 2011 by Grace Gil

Think twice about buying this version. In Europe Amazon already sells the fully waterproof version with which you can swim.
We're told it will be released in the US in March 2013 as "Sony Walkman W273 4GB Waterproof"
Published 22 months ago by gotscience?

3.0 out of 5 stars wait for the fully waterproof version for swimming March 2013, February 12, 2013
This review is from: Sony Walkman NWZ-W263BLK 4 GB Flash MP3 Player - Black (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Workout Device Out There!, December 19, 2011
I am a member of the Sony Walkman team and received this device to test out. I love my Sony Walkman player! It's light, easy to use and great for running outdoors and working out at the gym. The buttons are very user friendly and it is very simple to scroll through your songs. The audio quality is perfect with just enough bass in your ear. I like that the unit wraps around your head and you don't need to plug it into any other device. I have been using this device during 5k races and the past few that I have completed have been in slight drizzle. Since this device is waterproof I didn't have to worry about anything happening to it and I was able to keep listening to my music while competing. It's made to be comfortable for active lifestyles. Overall, awesome product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Read the Reviews Before You Puchase., April 1, 2013
I rated this item with 3 stars because, there are a few things I would like to discuss about this MP3 Player.

Pros
1. it is light weight
2. no wires hanging or tangling
3. music is easy to put on the device
4. the battery is long lasting
5. sound quality is acceptable

Cons
1. device is water resistant not water proof
2. the sound quality starts to fade after use
3. the ear buds do not stay in your ear during active exercising

For the most part I will say they are a bit pricey but, if you don't use them for active exercising they should be good to use and you will not lose sound quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, June 12, 2014
what a disappointment
I bought this for running, but they fall out of your ears,
so i tried it just for listening music but they sound terrible really. for the price it doesn't worth it.
Right now the headphones are somewhere in the basement next to many things that i have to throw away.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt stick in ear, May 11, 2013
works great, make sure to sync thru the windows app. you have to move music to windows than sync.

Problem is that it doesnt stay in ear. i do crossfit and high intense workouts. one ear always falls out.

2.0 out of 5 stars MP3 player, March 30, 2013
The sound quality is good for me as I don't like music played really loud in my ears but the equipment is hard for me to adjust. The ear buds will not stay in place no matter how I form them to my ears. I can't run or lay on my back; the buds will come out and off of my ears. So I don’t use it for what I purchased it for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent at best, March 27, 2013
I bought this Mp3 to run. However I found this device more of an annoyance, than actually joyful.

The sound is decent at the very best. The device falls off easily when running/jogging.

The controls are good and the features decent, but the fact that it doesn't stay on when running really ruins it for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for windsurfing, March 8, 2013
I live in Vitoria-ES, Brasil. I windsurf almost every day and was looking for a reliable waterproof mp3. A friend of mine bought for me and shipped to Brasil. I read the specs and Sony doesn't guarantee that it was going to soro after some dives. But it worked. I dived like 5 times in the last 3 months and is still working. If you are looking for a mp3 for windsurfing, this is the one

5.0 out of 5 stars Does all of what it says it can do., February 3, 2013
Tom E (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
Controls small and a little difficult to remember how to control but with the space allowed it's surprising what they designed in. Does all of what they say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knot it, November 5, 2012
I've used this player to exercise in the pool for about 8 hours a week for over 4 months. Like several other reviewers, I was frustrated with the fit, but I found that simply tying them in a knot worked for me. I take them off when I submerge, and since I don't bother to dry out my ears before putting them back on, there's a short period when one side or the other pops out, which can be annoying. However, the pleasure of having my music while I exercise more than makes up for the fit issue. The sound quality is actually better than I expected, and the buttons are well-located and easy to use, even with wet hands. The unit takes a lot of abuse (obviously, since I tied a knot in it!), but has worked like a champ after months of being thrown in a bag with a wet swimsuit, towels, and shoes.