Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on June 12, 2013
update: 3 years later still discovering what a great buy this was! the video display is beautiful--of course Sony! just today was looking to buy one for my son to use out in the field and cannot believe the price increase from when i purchased it 3 years ago! still VERY happy with my purchase but now wish i had bought two :).

I read the reviews with some hesitation made the purchase--NO regrets! I only wanted to use for Music; my library & FM (a great feature!)

The E374 model: Has excellent battery life (played FM radio hooked up to my Creative speaker for 9 hours and still had bars), does not easily turn on (double protection by using pause then Power Hold), can also be charged using one of our older phone chargers, is lightweight, looks great, easy to use and with a screen big enough to not have to use my glasses, EXCELLENT sound quality and the headphones are really good! a DEAL for the price.

Recommend the iGadgitz Black Luxury Soft Napa Leather Case Cover for Sony Walkman: it fits this model perfect!
22 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2013
This device is a very good gift. I can take pictures and movies, downloaded musics&audio books from my library to take with me when I travel.. All this in a 2x4 inch little device I can carry with me everywhere.
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I am very very pleased with this Sony Walkman!! It is EASY to load MP3, EASY to use and works very reliably when working out. I've stepped up my workouts to a new level by loading several playlists with upbeat music. I have several workout CDs which I converted to MP3 and loaded, as well. I'm no longer draining my cell phone battery with Pandora nor eating all my data usage as well as not having to listen to all the commercials. Instead of paying for Pandora and more data, I'm 'investing' those dollars in more of my own music which I can now use anywhere, not just where I have a data connection to the Internet.

To turn the Sony Walkman OFF, first PAUSE the music then hold down the PWR/HOLD Button. The unit will then turn off. If you forget to PAUSE the music, then pressing and holding the PWR / HOLD button will only lock the device but it will continue playing hence it will drain the battery.
on March 14, 2013
Received this player just a few days ago. The player is pretty nice. The color RED is quit jazzy. I have had no problems placing music on it. This would have gotten 5 stars, but I was very surprised to find NO home charging unit included. The player comes to be charged by pluging into a PC. This is ok if you are at home or carry a laptop while traveling. Going to the Sony website was a joke. After searching on several websites I found a charger for it. $6.99
The shipper was not one of the fastest I have experienced in my many purchases with Amazon.
55 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2013
It has good and bad aspects.
Good: I love how easy it is to scroll thru the songs alphabetically (you can jump thru the letters rather than go thru songs by song). The sound quality is excellent.

Bad: I hate that you can't set up playlists on the player. You have to do it on the computer and transfer it onto the player. And it takes about 15 seconds to turn it on. You have to press and hold the option button for then wait for the screen to light up. Then press and hold it again and wait for the song to pop up. Then you can press play. It doesn't sound like long, but it's just annoying when you get in the car and you want to get your music on and get going. It also often stays on in sleep mode when you turn it off. That can use up the battery.
33 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2013
I think it is great. It is very easy to use and highly recommend it. I can't believe how good the sound it.
on August 4, 2013
I've owned a Sansa Clip for a long time, but it's having charging trouble. Wanted something that would replace it, be reliable, have higher memory, but not have do much more than play music. I can't bring myself to spend hundreds on the typical iPod, etc., and I like Sony products, so I tried this Walkman. So far I'm very happy with it. Operation was easy (once I figured out that volume could be controlled with the Up and Down buttons). Downloading songs was simple. My only "con" is that you can't delete a song you don't want directly from the player. It has to be connected to the computer for such management. The hold and play buttons aren't too sensitive for me, as some reviewers seem to have experienced. It's in my pocket at work with a lot pressed up against it often and it only paused once so so far. I used some accumulated credit card points and more from pocket change at a Coinstar, so I actually got this for about $18.00. Thrilled with it at that price, happy with it at face value.
on June 26, 2013
Bought this to replace my husband's dead Sansa Fuze. The reviews sounded good, but he says it is not as easy to use.
UPDATE: Got this as a slightly early Father's Day gift for him, and it's dead by August? The old Fuze lasted him several years of hard use. Don't waste your money on this shoddily-made item. We will be replacing this with a Sansa, and I will not buy a Sony again.
on November 14, 2013
SOUND: Music sounds clean,clear,and balanced,with a nice presence on the low-end,rich mids,and detailed highs,complemented with a good bass response.
Includes a variety of sound-enhancement options, including four presets and two, five-band custom Equalizer,so if the flat setting doesn't do it for you, you should have no problem tweaking the sound to your liking.

DESIGN/USE: The walkman is lightweight almost 2 ounces. Has a fairly standard design,which isn't necessarily a bad thing,as it makes the player very straight forward to operate.Below the screen are the main playback controls: a five-way control pad, a back/home button, and an OPTION/PWR/HOLD key that brings up various contextual menus.

Getting music and other content(video,photos) onto the player is an easy process it works with a variety of jukeboxes (such as Windows Media Player or !Tunes), or you can use the Sony Content Transfer app, which allows for drag and drop from your hard drive.This walkman have a FM radio too.

BATTERY LIFE: Listen MP3 music around 25 hours,but some settings affect battery life: equalizer,brightness,screensaver.

OVERALL: A good MP3 player for a reasonable price for: listen music in the house,running or go to the Gym.
on November 29, 2013
I like to listen to audio books and this is the easiest way. It makes long drives and repetitive work go by much faster.

The good: easy to use. You plug it into your PC and copy what you want onto it. Take care with your file names so they will be in proper order.

Battery life is pretty good. Better than I expected.

You might want to have a look at the iGadgitz Clear Silicone Skin Case Cover & Sports Gym Jogging Armband. Makes it easier to handle hands free.

The Cons: too easy to accidentally press buttons in your pocket. Later versions have a lock function but this one does not.

Ear bud cables are easily snagged or tangled. Cats think they are toys and randomly attack.

Requires a PC to do anything serious like recharge or load content.

Summary: Bang for the buck, a EXCELLENT alternative to the ridiculously overpriced i-pod.