Published on June 22, 2012 by David

Published 18 months ago by SANDRA RODRIGUEZ

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone for the price IF you don't use a lot of space!, June 22, 2012
This review is from: Sony Xperia U St25i (Black+ 1 Additional Bottom Cap)(5MP): Brand New Unlocked GSM Phone (Electronics)
Before this phone I had the Xperia Ray which I loved, but I wanted to try this one so I bought it and I'm really happy with it. The design is great and it's really fast and responsive (It has a dual core processor). I'm a heavy user and so far the only thing that I wish it would be better on this phone is the quality on the videos. It's not bad but they look really pixelated I don't know why but I have a dedicated point and shoot camera which takes great videos and photos so It's not a big deal for me. If you use a lot of space for music and movies you should buy another phone with an SD card slot because this has only 8 gigs (Xperia Ray is in the same price range and has SD card). 4 gigs for the phone and apps and 4gigs for your music, photos, etc. I don't use a lot of space that's why I decided to buy it and so far it's great! Really fast and responsive and once it gets Ice Cream Sandwich it will be better. If you're looking for a budget phone this is THE BEST you will find.

BUY IF:

-You want to try a great android phone.
-You want the best unlocked smartphone for under 300.
-You don't need more than 4 gig of space for music and photos.
-You want a fast and reliable phone
-You want a great phone with front facing and rear camera.

DO NOT BUY IF:

-You want more than 4 gig of space for music and photos.
-You care a lot about high quality videos.

PROS:

-Great design
-Good size
-Screen is crisp and bright
-Dual core processor
-really fast and responsive
-Sony keyboard is one of the best I've used. It has swype function.
-2 cameras: Front and back
-LED flash
-GPS
-Battery life is great.

CONS:

-only 8 gigs of space
-Low quality videos
-Speaker doesn't work with google hangouts I don't know why.

EDIT Jul.3.12 :

1. I think I was a little harsh as far as video quality goes. It's not that "low quality". It's standard but some pixelation and artefacts make it look bad. Search in youtube for "xperia u video sample" and you'll see it in action.

2. I have had a problem with Google+ Hangouts where the loud speaker is really, really low. The loudspeaker works great for everything other than Google+ Hangouts so if you want this phone for hangouts I don't recommend it unless the 2 I got where defective. I guess you could buy it and if it doesn't work you can return it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice phone, August 7, 2012
The phone is awesome... very nice design(good size and lightweight), really fast and responsive (1 Ghz Dual core procesor, 512 Ram), the sound quality is fantastic (Xloud, equalizer), high quality display (Mobil Bravia Engine, 3.5", capacitive, multi touch), good rear camera (5 Mpx), standard front camera, WiFi, 3G without problem in Venezuela, OS 2.3.7 (Gingerbread)works perfectly, and very good battery..... only 8GB memory (2GB not usable, 2GB for aplications and 4GB for music, videos, pictures, etc...), don't have micro sd slot

Veredict: Excellent Android Phone, not expansive (under 260$), SONY quality... it's perfect if you don't need a lot space for storage

It's came witn a white bottom cap, charger, charger adaptor, stereo headset, display protector, manualsSony Xperia U St25i (Black+ 1 Additional Bottom Cap)(5MP): Brand New Unlocked GSM Phone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, September 19, 2013
It is a great great cell phone with a very good price. The xperia is fast, cute and light. it works realy good in Venezuela with Digitel. I love it because his size and the light that change the color. The operative sistem is very well for a phone of low range, takes great pictures. The only negative is that it does not have space for external memory, however is not somthing limitng because his internal memory is 8gb. I have more than 1000 pictures, 200 songs, several apps and it work fine. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cheap phone, June 11, 2013
my father in law is very happy with the mobile. It's working fine in Venezuela with Digitel provider.
I performed easely the icecream sandwich upgrade with the pc companion and the phone goes really good.
if you need a cheap and good phone this is it.
the downside? the memory, 4gb is too low...

5.0 out of 5 stars best android phone for that price, October 24, 2013
as the title says.. a brand new unlocked xperia u phone, its fast (dual core) have a nice finish, its light , you can install all the new social apps like bbm, line, whatsapp, all games runs ok with no lagging, it came with android gingerbread 2.3 and you can easily update the phone to ice cream sandwich 4.0.4 with sony companion its a pc software with the upgrade the phone runs faster,great shop.

para los venezolanos hay que agregar manualmente el apn (internet.movistar.ve) los de movilnet y digitel estan en google, esto es para que las aplicaciones como line y bbm envien mensajes

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery completely dead after 3 months of use. Can't use phone anymore, June 5, 2013
I have no phone again. I just bought this phone 3 months ago, and I cant use it anymore. DON'T EVER LET THE BATTERY DISCHARGE COMPLETELY AS YOU WILL NEED TO CHARGE IT 24 HOURS OR MORE BEFORE YOU CAN USE YOUR PHONE AGAIN, if you dare to buy this phone. You need to have an emergency phone, otherwise you will have no communication for 1 to 2 days. I suffered that for the first 3 months. Now, my battery is gone completely. It's been charging continously for 4 days and still dead. So dissapointing. Anyway, the phone is niec when it works but soon turns too slow. I'm sorry I lost my money :-( I hope SONY now does something for me, otherwise it will be a lot of money thrown away!!! The seller cant do anything after 30 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice product, February 25, 2013
excellent, i love this cell phone, thanks, i hope buy in the next time for a good price, see you

4.0 out of 5 stars great phone, best deal, stunning display!, January 31, 2013
ok, so its been 5 months, im the kind that researches hours and or days/weeks for the best features and lowest cost on an item, I was on a low budget and wanted my first smart phone, using a touch screen for me took some practice, I have have big man hands and fingers, but the predictive text helps and now have no problems if I misspell the right word comes up anyway. , like that i can plug into computer for media and updating, no need to use your cell service downloading, just plug to computer and internet, much faster updating right after I bought and upgraded to ice cream sandwich 4.0.4! no memory card slot, but had plenty space, i have loaded 150 songs and 130 music videos! still had a gig and a half left. so the stupid obsession with huge amounts of space is not needed unless you keep movies or long clips of media on phone. one thing I disabled Bluetooth and WiFi immediately, and lowered brightness which is still perfect even in outdoors! , and battery life increased. I love that power button is on side, I wish screen was a little bigger like the xperia p and speaker is in back, best position for speaker is on side like the xperia p. If I could afford the upgrade to xperia p, I would get it, but Im broke.Speed is great, I have experienced no video lag whatsoever, everything has been smooth. I must say out of everything, I was shocked when watching the music videos, the resolution and clarity/brightness was amazing!, Im still in awe when watching, my friend has a phone that costs almost 3 times as much and looks no where near as good in video quality, it really freaked me out, its the best picture Ive ever seen seen! this is not a cheap feeling phone!, it has a good weight and good thickness and feel. This is the perfect featured phone for me, best price, a phone like this should cost more, but I'm glad it doesn't, it came with screen protector and charger adapter to plug in wall or plug to computer usb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phone that worth the price, October 2, 2012
This phone is one of the greatest between specs and price.

It's like a mini Xperia S, and all it specs are very similar to SGS 2:

CPU Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9
GPU Mali-400MP

AND THE PRICE IS BETTER THAN THE SGS2

1.0 out of 5 stars baterry after 13 mons no work, June 16, 2014
baterry after 13 mons no work, beffore 4 h baterry low . I meek new order beffore 1 mons for baterry