Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on June 22, 2012
Before this phone I had the Xperia Ray which I loved, but I wanted to try this one so I bought it and I'm really happy with it. The design is great and it's really fast and responsive (It has a dual core processor). I'm a heavy user and so far the only thing that I wish it would be better on this phone is the quality on the videos. It's not bad but they look really pixelated I don't know why but I have a dedicated point and shoot camera which takes great videos and photos so It's not a big deal for me. If you use a lot of space for music and movies you should buy another phone with an SD card slot because this has only 8 gigs (Xperia Ray is in the same price range and has SD card). 4 gigs for the phone and apps and 4gigs for your music, photos, etc. I don't use a lot of space that's why I decided to buy it and so far it's great! Really fast and responsive and once it gets Ice Cream Sandwich it will be better. If you're looking for a budget phone this is THE BEST you will find.

BUY IF:

-You want to try a great android phone.
-You want the best unlocked smartphone for under 300.
-You don't need more than 4 gig of space for music and photos.
-You want a fast and reliable phone
-You want a great phone with front facing and rear camera.

DO NOT BUY IF:

-You want more than 4 gig of space for music and photos.
-You care a lot about high quality videos.

PROS:

-Great design
-Good size
-Screen is crisp and bright
-Dual core processor
-really fast and responsive
-Sony keyboard is one of the best I've used. It has swype function.
-2 cameras: Front and back
-LED flash
-GPS
-Battery life is great.

CONS:

-only 8 gigs of space
-Low quality videos
-Speaker doesn't work with google hangouts I don't know why.

EDIT Jul.3.12 :

1. I think I was a little harsh as far as video quality goes. It's not that "low quality". It's standard but some pixelation and artefacts make it look bad. Search in youtube for "xperia u video sample" and you'll see it in action.

2. I have had a problem with Google+ Hangouts where the loud speaker is really, really low. The loudspeaker works great for everything other than Google+ Hangouts so if you want this phone for hangouts I don't recommend it unless the 2 I got where defective. I guess you could buy it and if it doesn't work you can return it.
1010 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2012
The phone is awesome... very nice design(good size and lightweight), really fast and responsive (1 Ghz Dual core procesor, 512 Ram), the sound quality is fantastic (Xloud, equalizer), high quality display (Mobil Bravia Engine, 3.5", capacitive, multi touch), good rear camera (5 Mpx), standard front camera, WiFi, 3G without problem in Venezuela, OS 2.3.7 (Gingerbread)works perfectly, and very good battery..... only 8GB memory (2GB not usable, 2GB for aplications and 4GB for music, videos, pictures, etc...), don't have micro sd slot

Veredict: Excellent Android Phone, not expansive (under 260$), SONY quality... it's perfect if you don't need a lot space for storage

It's came witn a white bottom cap, charger, charger adaptor, stereo headset, display protector, manualsSony Xperia U St25i (Black+ 1 Additional Bottom Cap)(5MP): Brand New Unlocked GSM Phone
on September 19, 2013
It is a great great cell phone with a very good price. The xperia is fast, cute and light. it works realy good in Venezuela with Digitel. I love it because his size and the light that change the color. The operative sistem is very well for a phone of low range, takes great pictures. The only negative is that it does not have space for external memory, however is not somthing limitng because his internal memory is 8gb. I have more than 1000 pictures, 200 songs, several apps and it work fine. I love it!
on October 24, 2013
as the title says.. a brand new unlocked xperia u phone, its fast (dual core) have a nice finish, its light , you can install all the new social apps like bbm, line, whatsapp, all games runs ok with no lagging, it came with android gingerbread 2.3 and you can easily update the phone to ice cream sandwich 4.0.4 with sony companion its a pc software with the upgrade the phone runs faster,great shop.

para los venezolanos hay que agregar manualmente el apn (internet.movistar.ve) los de movilnet y digitel estan en google, esto es para que las aplicaciones como line y bbm envien mensajes
on December 31, 2012
I ordered my new Sony Xperia U (ST25i) model on December 31 2012, and received it on January 2,2013, I am very impressed with the Seller and with the fast shipping! I highly recommend this seller because I have trust in him or her and If i'm going to buy another product I definitely will buy from this seller again. The phone I ordered came brand new, unopened, factory sealed, i'm very satisfied and happy with the product. The Sony phone works very good I had it for almost a week now and I use it for hours and hours every day I have no complaints at all with this Sony phone. I chose Sony because my family and I have a lot of Sony products for generations and we trust the Sony brand for their excellent product quality and design so thats why I got the Sony Xperia U phone. The phone has everything I wanted: has a built in GPS reciver, and on a good day it will lock to the satellites within one minute or so (make sure you enable it under settings for it to work. No internet needed), has a very good camera no complaints it takes very good pictures if you mess around with the exposure levels and set it to max 5MP pictures. At night will have some noise but its not that bad, The sound is very good also, it's loud and clear, the phone's microphone is also very clear i tried it with a sound recorder set on high quality and did a very good job, the small down side to the phone is it has no SD Card slot on it and only has built in Flash memory 8Gb and for the user partion it has only 4GB usable which is not bad for me since I have some songs, pictures and other useful media for me it does me good and have plenty of space, the battery life should last you up-to a day if your surfing the web listing to music and looking at some pictures and video with wifi on only but it may vary. Overall the battery life is pretty good I rate the battery life 4 out of 5 stars. Overall I rate this phone 5 out of 5 stars and iam very very happy with the phone and I would recommend it to any one for a good price, excellent brand and for a very good quality phone.
on June 11, 2013
my father in law is very happy with the mobile. It's working fine in Venezuela with Digitel provider.
I performed easely the icecream sandwich upgrade with the pc companion and the phone goes really good.
if you need a cheap and good phone this is it.
the downside? the memory, 4gb is too low...
on May 23, 2013
PROS

the phone was delivered quickly
well packaged
GSM unlocked
uses standard SIM and comes with a mini SIM adapter
ample storage space
extremely fast

CONS

some of the preinstalled apps are in spanish, but thats not really a big issue
not gorilla glass but comes with a preinstalled screen protector
phone is a bit smaller than expected but the 720p display makes up for it
wall adapter may not work in your country but thats not a big issue either

CONCLUSION
the phone is well worth its value and more, and im very happy with my purchase and with the seller
on May 14, 2013
My boyfriend wanted a small smart phone so I got him this one for his birthday! It's fast and the screen is very clear! We are surprised how amazing the camera is! Great voice quality too. The color light bar is a fun toy; it changes color depending on what color is on the display.
If you want a smaller smart phone, this might be just the one.
on February 8, 2013
This was a Christmas Gift for my spouse. One of his complaints is he is unable to see multimedia in his text messages which makes the phone useless to him. There may be a way to see but it isn't a simple click which makes this phone a dud. Complaint 2, he has AT&T and was told he has to upgrade this internet service to 4g, otherwise his internet will not work on the phone.
on January 31, 2013
ok, so its been 5 months, im the kind that researches hours and or days/weeks for the best features and lowest cost on an item, I was on a low budget and wanted my first smart phone, using a touch screen for me took some practice, I have have big man hands and fingers, but the predictive text helps and now have no problems if I misspell the right word comes up anyway. , like that i can plug into computer for media and updating, no need to use your cell service downloading, just plug to computer and internet, much faster updating right after I bought and upgraded to ice cream sandwich 4.0.4! no memory card slot, but had plenty space, i have loaded 150 songs and 130 music videos! still had a gig and a half left. so the stupid obsession with huge amounts of space is not needed unless you keep movies or long clips of media on phone. one thing I disabled Bluetooth and WiFi immediately, and lowered brightness which is still perfect even in outdoors! , and battery life increased. I love that power button is on side, I wish screen was a little bigger like the xperia p and speaker is in back, best position for speaker is on side like the xperia p. If I could afford the upgrade to xperia p, I would get it, but Im broke.Speed is great, I have experienced no video lag whatsoever, everything has been smooth. I must say out of everything, I was shocked when watching the music videos, the resolution and clarity/brightness was amazing!, Im still in awe when watching, my friend has a phone that costs almost 3 times as much and looks no where near as good in video quality, it really freaked me out, its the best picture Ive ever seen seen! this is not a cheap feeling phone!, it has a good weight and good thickness and feel. This is the perfect featured phone for me, best price, a phone like this should cost more, but I'm glad it doesn't, it came with screen protector and charger adapter to plug in wall or plug to computer usb.