I have read so many people complaining about trying non-Sony DVD's for their camcorders, I opted to go with the Sony DVD's right off the bat.

Published on May 15, 2007 by Amazon Customer Since Amazon S...

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Does not work with Canon DC50 Camcorder
If you own a Canon Camcorder be forewarned that these disc's won't work in the Canon DC50 series mini dvd camcorders. The regular Sony DVD-R are kind of temperamental with the Canon camcorders as well (But fine if you are in pinch). I'll have to figure out what to do with these disc's now.
Published on October 10, 2007 by Steve F

5.0 out of 5 stars Cost a bit more than the competitors, but for a Sony camcorder, they're a must., May 15, 2007
This review is from: Sony 8cm DVD plus RW with Hangtab 3 Pack (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

Their formatting is clean and quick, the images store quickly and correctly. I am very pleased with how they work. Ordering from Legend (where I got mine), I received them packed securely in bubble wrap in a heavy duty box... and they only took 2 days to arrive. (With standard shipping!)

They work, they're still somewhat reasonably priced... go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dics, January 16, 2007
J. Dixon (Lake City, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
Great quality. We erased and filmed a few time on the same disc with no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, November 30, 2007
I might have used this DVD for 6-7 times, little did the quality changed.
Its worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars The ones to use, December 21, 2007
Eric J. Hanson (Washington State, USA) - See all my reviews
I think these mini-dvd-rw's are the best way to go when using on a cam-corder. There is no need to finalize the dvd'd if you ant to preview them on the tv or computer. The best thing is that you can use them over and over. Why I didn't give them a 5 star review is that there is only space for 30 minutes of record time so you better keep some back-ups with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recorded Video Looks Great On My TV, May 24, 2008
We recorded onto these disks and the video looks great. It doesn't take up space like the larger disks and works great for my new camcorder. It was easy to record to and compatible with my computer and dvd player. I bought two 3 packs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Does not work with Canon DC50 Camcorder, October 10, 2007
Steve F (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony DVD+RW for camcorders, November 28, 2007
Julie Bolt (Bean Sation, TN United States) - See all my reviews
Great product, works perfect with the Sony camcorder. Great buy especially for my qualified free shipping!

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well. Used mostly as backup due to capacity, October 25, 2008
I bought this for my camcorder which supports both memory card and discs and I mainly use it if/when my memory gets full. I set up the video quality to the highest which gives me only 20 minutes on these discs so most of the time I just carry them around with me in case the memory gets full.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Sony Handycams, February 4, 2011
I first got my Sony Handycam for Christmas 2009. It's the model that requires DVDs to record as it does not record into the camera itself.

Honestly, there's not much to say. After all, what do you say about something that has one very specific use? It records and it records well. They're mostly compact so it's not hard to carry these Sony Handycam DVD-RWs around. Counting the three I purchased, I have around 12 sitting on my shelf right now and they haven't even taken up half of the length of it yet.

At a capacity of 1.4 GB, on your Sony Handycam (I don't know about other cameras) it can record for three different lengths. These depend on your recording settings. On high quality, there's enough room to record for twenty minutes, on standard, it has enough for thirty minutes, and on low quality you can record for an hour using these DVD-RWs.

The DVDs can be used multiple times. I've used the same DVD-rw for several months now (since at least October) and still works perfectly alright.

The same DVD-RWs run around $15 in Wal-Green's and Wal-Mart so that and all things considered, these are a great purchase to use it for what it's meant for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD+RW, but expect to spend a lot of time getting them out of the package! :(, May 11, 2008
I agree with the previous reviewer. These DVD+RW disks are "the Dickens" to unwrap. I thought I could just cut along the edge and remove the disk, but NOOOOO, the plastic wrapping it seems was applied with heat to the 3 individual disk containers, which then again were shrink-wrapped with another layer of plastic. During the process, the plastic's molecular structure must have "affinitized" with the other layers of plastic covering, because instead of peeling the covering off in one piece of plastic, the plastic covering (first the 3-pack covering which covers all 3 disks) tears off in little pieces (not as a whole plastic covering), and then the individual disks themselves are shrink-wrapped, and they, too, do the same think. Talk about getting your consumers frustrated. These do work the best in my Sony HDR-UX10 and I give them 5 stars for performance and quality, but give them 1 star for the inconvenience of unwrapping the product. Just another unnecessary headache that Sony has created for its customers.

Sony 8cm DVD plus RW with Hangtab 3 Pack (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
$33.99 $11.35
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.