4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and compact - works well
Works well in my cabin. Connects to a regular 110v plug and is light weight to move around and wall-mount. Generates enough heat to dry things well, and seems to operate like a regular dryer, but smaller. Large enough for essentials like sheets, or a small load of towels.

No sensor to stop when dry, but by setting the timer, I don't really miss it...
Published on December 25, 2012 by Dwnundrguy

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!!!
Published 19 months ago by von555

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and compact - works well, December 25, 2012
This review is from: Sonya Portable Compact Small Laundry Dryer Apartment Size 110vstainless Steel Drum Transparent Lid 8.8lbs Capacity/2.65cu.ft.

No sensor to stop when dry, but by setting the timer, I don't really miss it.

Mine came dented in transit, but was superficial, so bent it back rather than returning it. Pretty sure it was a FedEx issue, not manufacturer. Constructed of light-weight metal, and components - perhaps more susceptible to transit damage, but fine for everyday use unless you are going to be unusually rough with it.

No complaints to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Dryer!, February 3, 2013
I live alone in a foreclosed home I purchased about two years ago. After being ripped off by the electrician, and not being able to use my 220V dryer, I decided to give this a try. I am so glad I did. I no longer have to carry my washed laundry to the laundromat to dry it or hang it outside on the clothesline. The Indiana winters are brutal and it's not a pleasant experience dragging two or three laundry baskets to the laundromat; having to bring everything home and putting it all away. I have this little dryer in my bedroom, right next to a dresser that I use for socks, underwear, and pajamas. I was worried that it would take forever to dry my clothes but it doesn't really take that long. I don't think that it adds too much moisture to the room; in fact, during the winter with the heat on, you need a little moisture. I really love this dryer! It comes fully assembled and has two lint filters. I always make sure they are cleaned before using.

4.0 out of 5 stars had it for a over a year, July 14, 2013
I bought this a few months ago, it came unblemished in the box, I put it right under a window. Whenever I use it, I open my window (at least 5 inches).

I plug it in, have the back vent face the window opening of 5 inches. I didnt use a special vent. I always use the "high" setting and "medium warm".

Today I dried 1 bedsheet and 4 pillow covers (took 50 min), 2 bath towels (80 min), 4 cotton shirts (60 min), socks and shorts (30 min). Don't overstuff it. It works better w small-med loads, not that loud either.

Cleaning: I use the suction hose of my vacuum and suction the removable wheel looking filter and also suction the back vent prior to each use. My each use is usually 3-5 cycles of drying. I've never washed the filters, only vacuumed. I vacuum before every other load. You might need to vacuum on one side then the other to get it all out.

Update: One day I turned on the dryer but it wouldn't work, eventually I figured out that there was a huge fuzzy ball at the vent in the back of my machine. I used my fingers and a tweezer to remove the lint/fuzz and it immediately started working. I am very happy w this dryer and I use it every few days for 2-4 loads. I also learned that I could not use my dryer with my hairdryer and vacuum at the same time for more than 5 min or would have to reset the circuit breaker.

Update after 14 months: I left a load running when I went to bed. Today I woke up and went to the other room and the dryer had stopped working at 40 min left! I cleaned the filters, the vent was slightly full of lint, I cleaned it all out....still not working...The outlet works with my vacuum. Don't know what happened...

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!!!, June 9, 2013
You would not believe what I have gone through. The dryer would not heat, even on highest setting, I put one item in the dryer, and left it on for an hour, still cold. So called to complain and explain that their manual says they will send a repair guy to you, well, they said they did not have one for my area! Ask me to take back off and see if belts are ok. So, now they want me to repair my own dryer! I did as they asked. Belts fine, but they kept insisting it was a belt problem! They asked me to make a video of the dryer working and send it to them. So, I did and told them that they could not see if it was heating or not!!! They reviewed the video and said that the dryer is an apartment dryer and does not dry hot only warm!! Can you believe that? I begged them to send a return label for me to print out to return the dryer, they said it was not the dryer that was the problem. I told them that the manual does not say it drys only on warm!! How stupid anyway! So, could not get anywhere with them, and had to call the credit card company and tell them of the problem of haveing a dryer that will not work. Well, thank goodness, they returned my money and will be asking the company for the money back! So beware!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome compact dryer, March 26, 2013
this dryer is small for those who don't have room. and it dries really good the first load takes a little longer but once it heats up it dries the rest really good. it is quiet too

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Awesome :-), October 20, 2013
I love this little dryer along with my Haier washer :-)
It is small and easy to use. It is not heavy so I was able to put it on a small table I own so the door is at arm height and makes it more easy to work with. At that height it is very easy to clean the lint filter too. I did purchase a "Indoor Lint Trap Filter" and "ProFlex Clothes Dryer Transition Duct 4" by 8'" for venting the dryer but I was told to try something much more easy and would take up much less space so I gave it a shot. I purchased "L'eggs Everyday Knee Highs RT 10 Pair Off OneSize" and just stretched it over the opening of the dryers exhaust (I used the plastic extension tube that comes up from the back of the dryer to put the stocking on for ease of getting to it and cleaning). Works perfectly. 10 reusable lint filters in a box for $6.20 :-) Hardly any lint gets past the internal lint filter of the Sonya dryer but what does, the knee high stockings trap it. The venting for me also has a very nice benefit in the winter. I have very little baseboard heating in my bedroom where my dryer is. This Sonya dryer heats up the room nicely but it will get a bit humid too.
*On to the shipping. I have seen some in these reviews state that FedEx dented there dryer in shipping. Even though my tracking stated it was shipped by FedEx, the tracking number was not a FedEx number. I confirmed with Amazon and FedEx because the tracking number didn't work. My Mom received the dryer for me because I couldn't be there at the time. She did not know who shipped it but she told me it was not a FedEx truck. The Sonya drier showed up in perfect condition! NO DENTS :-) Sonya customer support may have been listening to the feedback on Amazon and changed shippers. If so, thanks.
All in all I love this amazing little dryer.
I live in a small apartment and I am tired of bringing my laundry to a laundromat or someones house and pumping in fists full of quarters all the time. I ran the numbers and in a year this Sonya dryer will pay off for its self.
I'll update this review as the machine gets older on how it is working.
Hope this review helps someone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonya Portable Compact Small Laundry Dryer, January 31, 2013
I love this dryer, it is small enough that I can move it by myself and does a fantastic job of drying the laundry. Just remember that the smaller loads will dry in less time. Taking clothes out as they dry helps also. I would recomend this product to my friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted/needed, March 8, 2013
What a perfect little dryer! It looks good too. Holds more than I thought it would, and works great. It is also very quiet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Convenient - with patience., May 1, 2014
I purchased this Sonya portable dryer from an exporter in the Irvine area about 3 months ago and it performs pretty much how I expected a portable dryer might. As a single Mom of two and living in an apartment with no hook-ups for almost a year, I was so ready for this unit. I already owned a Panda portable washer with spin dryer and would usually air dry laundry or take them to the laundry room dryers before buying this dryer and it has made life a whole lot easier for me simply for the sheer convenience of doing laundry at home. You don't want this dryer if you're expecting to be able to do large loads or if you expect quick, thorough drying. Typical heavy loads for us - 3 pairs of jeans=40 to 60 mins - 4 bath towels=40 to 60 mins - lighter loads for us - 5 blouses, 1 cardigan, 4 pairs socks=30 to 40 mins. All on high and with vent directed out a window. Not bad and worth the longer drying times, smaller loads in return for not having to wash our laundry in shared washers/dryers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Sep. United Seller. Bad Product....................., March 16, 2013
When I received the dryer it was scuffed on the inside of the see-thru door where they had not properly taped down the brackets/screws that go to the dryer, I bought this from Sep United or jeff shen
The serial number sticker was peeling off at the corner, the top was dented in. When I started taking pictures I had to get down low to see the bottom of the dryer and out of shock the dryer looked like it had been dropped and sat on. The middle of the bottom was dented in an upward v, the 2 front feet were sticking inwards because of the pressure that had been placed on top. The cloth like filter just fell apart the first time I used it on air dry. They had offered me $100 and some replacement filters to keep the item, I said no after seeing just how bad the item was damaged. I have had so many problems with this company, with the representative that called me today that I would not suggest anyone ever use this company. I do not believe them to be a true seller and in my case I have been lied to on several occasions. Today I was called by a representative and was told if I did not remove my sellers feedback from the panda washer I would not get a refund.
As far as the Panda Washer sold by Sonya Inc. it had metal shavings coming out from the bottom that caused me bodily harm.
I have asked them on several occasions to pick the items up & that I wanted a full refund because I do not believe the items are new.
When a Company threatens a customer I believe it should be public knowledge for all consumers to know.
I was told I would receive a refund after and only after I removed the negative feedback, but as we all know once you remove that feedback and if that person or company does not hold up to their end of the arrangement you can not place it again.
I should have rated this items feedback before now I can't so I come forth in the product review to let other consumers beware of this particular seller.