Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 351-361 of 361 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 16, 2012 1:22:19 PM PDT
S. Blackmon says:
and then for the ish to be a stupid supposedly shared dream....just awful. nothing more than a v-trip or sorts.

i really hate that they tried to imply shared dreams, but they don't seem to happen with anyone else so it just like the her fairy fingers are a fail. and it didn't make me root for sookie & eric being together... just made me more angry because she is such a completely unlikeable character and no guy in their right mind should be chasing after her.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 3:02:30 PM PDT
Oh Yes says:
Ding Dong DR is dead! Just so you know S Blackmon everyone seems to have moved over to the DL threads. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 4:39:59 PM PDT
Isabella S. says:
Oh! *runs off in search of DL thread*

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 4:47:08 PM PDT
J. Collier says:
Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Deadlocked-Sookie-Stackhouse-Book-12/forum/Fx3777X1M6W5V5N/-/1/ref=cm_cd_rvt?_encoding=UTF8&asin=1937007448

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 5:56:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2012 6:05:09 PM PDT
Isabella S. says:
Thank you, JC.
I'm still trying to catch up with the October postings.

Already some of the things posted are rather disconcerting. . .i.e.
". . .the man who truly loves her, Bill. He has proven this over and over. In fact, I HOPE SHE GROVELS. He deserves it."

Um, geez, talk about humiliating and demeaning. IMO this is so anti-woman, so anti-Sookie.
Frankly, who cares what Bill feels? Sookie does not need to return his feelings (or anybody else's) if she is not so inclined.
The heroine of the story should not have to grovel.
What a bad message to woman out there!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 6:12:41 PM PDT
J. Collier says:
Grovels? :P

It's anti-Sookie and it's *never* going to happen.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 6:23:40 PM PDT
It's also anti CH! NEVER gonna happen. It's a shame in this day and age when women think the man is more important. This story is about Sookie's journey, not Bill's or Eric's.

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 12:11:58 AM PDT
Oh Yes says:
Truly amazing!

You mean you don't think CH thinks every woman should grovel at the feet of her one time rapist? How strange? ;)

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 5:45:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2012 10:18:17 AM PDT
Who said Sookie should 'grovel'? Rather a strong word; I don't see Bill ever wanting her to grovel to him, or anybody else. He's too fair a man for that. However, I do believe Sookie is both remorseful and regretful, especially, she regrets how she treated Bill. She misjudged him, and she is currently very, very well aware that she did. And she may try to apologize to him, I don't see her getting much more than and "I'm sorry" out to him before he stops her. He'll never blame her for believing Eric, for trusting Eric, when she should not have, he's a master manipulator after all!, it was literally like taking candy from a baby with her. She didn't stand a chance.

Why do I think she's has regret, and has made mistakes? What the mistakes, are we don't know yet....but she's mentioned her "many mistakes" and her "regrets" in the last few books. Every book there is a short, clear sentence telling us...she's sorry about something.

DITF....."I had a lot of pain and regret of all kinds, physical and mental."
DR........"I was sorry about a lot of things. My mistakes and offenses crowded around me."
STW....." "Sam, you're absolutely right. I've made so many mistakes."

So, yep.....Sookie's made mistakes, and she knows she has. The thing is, we, the readers, DON'T know exactly what she thinks her mistakes, and regrets are... I think Bill, leaving him, not believing him, hurting him too. "The road to true love...." and all that!

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 10:03:54 AM PDT
KCScout says:
*Sookie* should apologize to Bill? Up is down and down is up? Bill has a lot to apologize for IMO, not Sookie. Sookie is a 20-something young woman, having lived until recently with no true relationship with any man, but somehow Sookie has wronged Bill?

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 10:29:40 AM PDT
J. Collier says:
If CH didn't think Sookie should "forgive and forget" Bill's betrayal "in any big hurry," I think it's safe to say she thinks Sookie is the one who is owed an apology, if any apologies are in order. Up is down and down is up, indeed.

"Well, [Bill's] in the book, but he's not front and center the way he was, because he betrayed her a couple of books ago, and she's not going to forgive and forget in any big hurry-and she shouldn't, really."

http://youtu.be/ey2J0SAvf7c?t=5m47s
‹ Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  361
Initial post:  Jan 31, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 11)
Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 11) by Charlaine Harris (Hardcover - May 3, 2011)
3.4 out of 5 stars (1,310)