Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Soothing Sounds for Sleep
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 13, 2011
This is my go-to gift for new parents. I've used it with both my children (one 7 months one 2 1/2) and they are AMAZING sleepers. Since 3 or 4 months old they both slept through the night and take abut 2 hour naps. I attribute a lot of that to sleep training, but a good percentage to this CD (particularly track 8). I was skeptical when I had my first child, but after using it for a week and seeing how much it helped her sleep, I was a convert. The white noise not only comforts the babies, it's drowns out A LOT of ambient noise which was a lifesaver when we were co-sleeping and then later sharing a room while waiting to close on a house. The door opening, floorboards creaking, mattress squeaking or whatever -- all drowned out by this CD. Miracle! We still use it for both our kids (the older one when there's a party or something that might wake her at night) but the baby all the time. I know you can download white noise, and I've tried some of it -- but I just burned a copy of this when my son came along and used that.
on January 15, 2005
What a great idea. It really works and I still can't believe my son likes sleeping to the sound of freeway traffic... who new!?
on February 1, 2007
I don't have a baby, but I use this CD for myself while trying to sleep during the day for my night turn job. I have noisy neighbors with dogs that seemingly never stop barking, trucks running jake brakes past the house, lawnmowers, you name it - LOL - and this CD is just the ticket! I pop it in, set one of the white noise tracks to repeat, and I sleep all day uninturrupted. Awesome!!
on March 15, 2013
I bought this CD based on a positive magazine review 8 years ago. It is a total winner and we still put it on almost every night for our now 8 year old. If it doesn't work for your kid, it will work for you! Pleasant sounds of ocean waves, babbling brooks, highway winds, etc. We call it our ocean music (track 3). Makes a great gift too.
on July 23, 2004
This is just what my wife and I have been looking for. We have had to load our little one into the car constantly and drive her around to get her to sleep. Now we just pop in the recorded sound of the car running and she's off to sleep. It's a great idea. I especially love the sound of the vacuum cleaner. Never would have believed it works... but it does!
on December 21, 2006
This is a great cd to help soothe your little one into sleep. There is such a variety. I have quite a collection of baby soothing cds and this is one of the favorites that puts my son at ease and calms him at bedtime.

The white noise cds do help those fussy babies stay asleep longer.
on July 24, 2008
My baby definitely liked this CD and it helps her to relax but it doesn't help to sleep as I expected. In fact she gets so interested in some of the "noises" that she keeps her eyes wide open. The quality of the sounds is very good and has a good variety.
on December 17, 2005
When I first saw the ad for this CD I thought it was funny. Recordings of a car engine and a window fan? How's that gonna work? But it does. I wish I'd thought of it. Thank you for making this CD, I bought another for my sister's kids. Get it.. it works!
on September 1, 2011
We bought this CD when my daughter was 8 weeks old, and she would never sleep for more than 2 hours at a time, and would wake up during her naps. We found that by keeping this CD going throughout her day and night-time naps, she'd never stir again. She's now 20 months old, and we still play this CD to put her to sleep. But now we're able to go back into her nursery to turn it off before our own bedtimes. We had to buy two copies, after warping the first one out! True sleep saver!
on October 31, 2010
I wanted to block out noise in my house to help my baby sleep, but I found that CDs of white noise didn't work because of the pause while the track repeats. This CD has a fade in and fade out for each track, which is good, but it means that there's about 10 seconds of quiet when other noises in the house could wake up my baby. Also, the tracks are each only about 7 minutes long, so the 10 seconds of quiet happens very often. I ended up buying a sound machine by Homedics instead, which plays sound continuously.

However, I gave this CD 3 stars because I liked the sounds on the tracks. It's a great variety of soothing white noise and everyone is bound to find a few that their baby likes.