Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

93%
Format: Board bookChange

on April 27, 2014
My daughter loves when I read her books, and has recently started turning pages. Because of her love of turning pages, we now focus on shorter books with a sentence per page, instead several per page. Simple questions are asked, such as "who is hiding behind Sophie's yellow bowl", then you flip a flap to see, still focusing on the color. The pages are chunky and hold up to her grabbing and pulling, and the flaps are also cardboard! I often avoid peekaboo books because flaps tend to tear easily, but not these! Great book.
on October 4, 2013
My baby daughter loves Sophie the giraffe and so I bought the 3 Sophie books I saw on Amazon. These books are amazing. Great quality and they do not tear even though my baby has been constantly putting them in her mouth (she's 7 months old). I think she'll get more interested in readung them in a couple of months. For now she liked the colors!
on June 18, 2013
The book is well constructed, durable and colorful. It meets all textile requirements for a small child and very portable. The series is a must to have if you are a Sofie fan- my grand daughter doesn't leave home without Sofie!
on April 22, 2014
this is an adorable book i gave to my nephew for easter he is 16 months and immediately figured out how to lift the flip page inside the page so sweet he giggled and smiled as soon as he saw sophie
on August 14, 2015
This book is lovely and my little guy enjoys reading it thoroughly! The combination of animals, colors, and simple objects makes it a good book for learning words. Also, the "reveal" nature of each page is a lot of fun for him...he just loves opening the pages of this book to see what's inside! We are on our second copy and the first one fell apart after a few months of steady use...thus the 4 star instead of 5. The points at which each page connects could stand a little reinforcement...it is wearing out at the same spot again in our second copy (and on other similar books in this line).
on April 26, 2014
These books are read over and over and over. Our grand kids each have a little Sophie and they love the stories about Sophie and her friends. One thing that is cool is these books are also available in an interactive version on the iPad for about the same $$$. I've found that those versions allow the little ones (< 2) to participate more and the voice that reads the stories on the iPad is really pleasant.
on April 24, 2014
We love board books as they are sturdy and the baby can try turning the pages. This is an adorable book that we received as a gift accompanying the Sophie teether. The colors are bright, the images are simple for a 6 month old, and the size of the book is perfect for her to try holding, or to bring out.
on January 2, 2014
Well, I am French so "ceci expliquant cela", we are purchasing some French brand sometimes, of course... I don't think it is much better than other books in the same category but it is "Sophie la girafe", a nice character for kids, especially when they have the squeeky rubber toy.
on March 26, 2014
I got this when my daughter was around 9 months old. She very much likes "peekaboo" books. I love how the peekaboo areas are thick (board thick) and durable and also tabs so they are easy to open. Would definitely buy her more like this.
on January 7, 2014
We bought this a gift for our grandson since we also had given him a Sophie toy. My daughter and I like the tabs in the book - easy for him to use - and the book looks inviting. I don't know my grandson's actual response to the book, however.