Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: Board bookChange

on June 13, 2013
My 7 month old son is a huge Sophie fan. He has two of the teethers and one of the plush ones. If I put half a dozen toys in front of him and include Sophie, he goes for her every time. When I saw these books, I pre-ordered them because I knew he would love them. He does! When we read it together, he squealed when he recognized Sophie. The book had nice illustrations and textures for baby to touch. There are pages that flip out so that you can find Sophie's friends. This could get torn up easily by a baby, so it may not be a book that you want your child to have "free reign" over.

No, it doesn't have much of a plot, but what do you expect from a baby board book? I would probably label it as 0-3 instead of preschool to kindergarten like Amazon did. Babies are going to be the ones to recognize the character, and if you have a baby who loves Sophie, he or she will probably enjoy this book.
on May 30, 2014
This book is a favorite at our house! We have been reading it multiple times a day it seems since our daughter was 4 or 5 months old (now just over a year old).
After a few reads, many children's books become so annoying, but surprisingly we still like reading Peekaboo Sophie even though we now have it memorized of course. Our daughter loves to do the actions ("give [Lazare] a pat!" and "touch Gabin's nose") and turn the pages herself. The pages are thick and easy to grasp for small hands, and the "peekaboo" flaps are pretty durable.

My only recommendation would be to buy two from the start, so that you don't have to worry about fixing it when it falls apart after months of daily use!
11 comment9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2013
I like it, baby likes it. Simple but colorful and cute.

This book is the Best in the series of Sophie books.
on November 25, 2013
My 6-month old grandson loves his Sopie girafe found this book delightful. He quickly learned to open the big peekaboo flaps, touches the rough spots on the bubbles - definitly a hit!
on January 24, 2014
I love this book....our little girl loves her Sophie as a teether and I'm sure this will be a favorite book of hers for many years. I know it is already one of mine!
on November 11, 2013
Bought for my 10 mo old grandson and we loved it. He has a Sophie toy, this is a peek a book book with Sophie in the pictures. Adorable.
on April 22, 2014
Cute book. My kid loves Sophie. I am so glad the price is reasonable for these Sophie books, unlike Sophie herself.
on October 12, 2014
Sophie la girafe are the cutest books. My granddaughter loves them & I love her so I plan to purchase many more Sophie books for her. They are educational & sturdy so they should last a very long time - maybe even long enough to be shared with a great granddaughter some day. :)
on October 30, 2013
love this little story and plan to give as gift with the other Sophie book and the teether. Quality is excellent!
on July 5, 2014
Bought this when baby was 7 months old, she loves opening the peek-a-boo flaps. It has still kept her interest at age 9 months. However, she has already scratched off some of Sophie's textured spots, hence minus 1 star.