Sopranos Season 2 on Blu Ray

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 11, 2010 3:08:49 PM PST
C. Rivers says:
season 1 looked great. any work on 2 and 3.

Posted on Aug 2, 2010 2:40:06 PM PDT
Kaneda says:
seriously... where the hell is season2? it's gonna be a year soon. o_O

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2010 2:35:58 AM PDT
Agreed, it's a bit of a joke, they came out quicker on TV.

Posted on Dec 11, 2010 4:15:57 PM PST
S. Haensch says:
From what I have read, season 1 Blu-Ray box was a bad seller with little profit. They won't produce another Blu-Ray box.

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 12:28:58 AM PST
Kaneda says:
:( worst news ever.

Posted on Jan 24, 2011 5:51:07 PM PST
Reality says:
What a joke. If I would have known that HBO was stopping after season one I wouldn't have wasted my money on it.

I wont be spending my money on anymore HBO catalog titles unless they are releasing the entire series in a box set.

Posted on Jan 24, 2011 7:45:06 PM PST
C. Rivers says:
im still mad that HBO cancelled Carnavale and Deadwood.

Posted on Apr 4, 2011 9:14:45 PM PDT
I AM A.M. says:
If they released Sopranos the complete series on blu ray that would have sold like hot cakes.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2011 12:59:40 AM PDT
I agree.....HBO should release the complete series in Blu-Ray (maybe for the holidays......I would definitely buy it!!!) But with the economy being in the tank, I don't know if HBO would even break even with the complete series.....but it would definitely be better than what HBO is doing now with the series on Blu-Ray.

Posted on May 23, 2011 1:40:48 AM PDT
Kaneda says:
...which actually is doing NOTHING, really.

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 9:30:41 AM PDT
Probably most of the reason season 1 didn't sell very well is the whole series is out on DVD. People like me were holding out for a complete series blu-ray set, which I would buy in a heartbeat. Who wants to buy each season separately at a huge mark-up?

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 1:37:11 AM PDT
H. Avila says:
It sold like crap because nobody wants to buy the last season before they own the first five. I'm just renting them now. I'm NOT buying this via digital or DVD. If it never comes out, I'll just focus my money on the LotR extended trilogy, Dexter, and Weeds on Blu Ray

Posted on Jun 14, 2011 11:08:56 PM PDT
Haensch - where's your source? The only things I've found about sales figures are posts around the internet with the exact wording of yours, meaning you're copy/pasting your own posts or somebody else's. Why did HBO release the Deadwood Complete Series on Blu-Ray if Sopranos had done terribly? Why is Season 5 of The Twilight Zone being prepped for Blu-Ray now if these things don't sell?

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 9:34:57 AM PDT
Master Card says:
im geting sick and tired how u gonna relese sopranos sesons 1 and then season 6 part 1 and2 but wont relese the outher sesons im losing my faith in hbo blu rays yall sad

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 7:00:17 PM PDT
This is the greatest television show of all time, the series need to be Blu Ray!!!!

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 6:28:09 PM PDT
Hbo please release the rest of the series on blu ray! I'm going crazy waiting for them to come out! Also it is so odd that you can get the last season and the first season but not the ones in the middle

Posted on Dec 24, 2011 7:05:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2011 7:06:04 PM PST
VideoGuy says:
<<From what I have read, season 1 Blu-Ray box was a bad seller with little profit. They won't produce another Blu-Ray box. >>

That's BS!! The Sopranos was a very successful TV show. Why on earth would it be a bad seller? There are many people out there that would like to own this show on Blu-ray. Your post makes no sense!

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 4:53:38 PM PST
J. E. Poole says:
HBO....please release the rest of Soprano on Blu-Ray. We started watching Season 1 in Blu-Ray...went to get Season 2...but to our dismay...skipped to Season 6. If you are going to produce 1 set your company needs to really follow threw on the rest. It is so frustrating when one purchases a series and cannot complete the correct set. Still waiting on Sex and the City to be put out on Blu-Ray as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2012 2:47:11 AM PDT
Heisenberg says:
U can't be serious! It looks AWFUL!! In places it looks good but mostly the blu ray transfer is terrible!!!

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 2:52:27 AM PDT
Heisenberg says:
They need to redo season 1 blu ray if they ever release it all because it looks terrible!! Season 6 part 1 & 2 blu ray both look stunning but 1 is awful!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2012 2:53:23 AM PDT
C. Rivers says:
Get a good tv and blu ray player nerd. Then compare it to your sopranos DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2012 2:57:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 29, 2012 5:47:46 AM PDT
Heisenberg says:
Get an indoor toilet!!Obviously it's better than the dvd numpty but for a blu ray it's below par! Oh and my set up is more than adequate!! Go read some reviews on the S1 blu ray mr keyboard gangster!!

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 3:03:31 AM PDT
Kaneda says:
man, i don't know what you talking about.. season one on blu looks awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2012 3:05:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 29, 2012 5:44:01 AM PDT
Heisenberg says:
In places it does I agree but it looks awful in a lot of places, it deserves better! You 2 obviously have no clue what a good blu ray looks like!

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 3:47:56 PM PDT
Shrugged says:
Just a matter of timing for HBO. They will definitely release The COMPLETE Sopranos in BLU RAY. You can bet that television's crowning achievement will not be left with just two seasons available in high definition. Whether it is two months or two years from now, it will still sell like hotcakes.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 3, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Sopranos - The Complete First Season [VHS]
The Sopranos - The Complete First Season [VHS] by James Gandolfini (VHS Tape - 2000)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (1,662)