4.0 out of 5 stars Sorel Carly Conquest
Published 23 months ago by Ammyrose

1.0 out of 5 stars Very unimpressed with this product.
Published on November 9, 2012 by kbeth

1.0 out of 5 stars Very unimpressed with this product., November 9, 2012
These boots have thoroughly disappointed me. They were very expensive, and I live in Montana where we get a lot of snow. I walk back and forth to school and wanted a nice pair of boots. They have no traction, my feet get wet within minutes of walking and are quickly falling apart. Within the first few minutes of wearing them, one of the stirrups broke and I had to cut it off. The second time I wore them, the stuff that looks like wood, but is actually just an aesthetic sort of covering over plastic, started to wear off and there are now bare spots. They are slippery on ice, snow and wet floor, which is not conducive to safe winter commuting in the least. My feet were very cold and wet after a trip to school and back and, though they look nice, they don't appear to be holding up well at all. I would not recommend buying these boots

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed and stuck with them, November 20, 2013
Needing a pair of boots to replace my 5 year old tall neoprene and rubber Bog boots which I've worn throughout wet, muddy spring and autumns, and arctic winters in upstate New York on hundreds of dogwalks and even as a great go to for clipping into my snow shoes to hike in the snow. I wanted to try something new, so I started looking into Sorels... I wanted something not too clunky of a toe or profile, since i still wanted to hike comfortably and also be able to use w snowshoes. Trying to decide between Slimpack and Conquest was tough but opted for Conquest as I thought they seemed much better suited for my activities and I found them cheaper than they sell MSRP. I found a new pair of 9.5 for $170 on Ebay and after having read all reviews I could get my eyes on, I knew to order a half size up from my consitant size 9 and did so accordingly. I received them last week and they ARE very nice looking, but after 10 dog walks for an hour each and also a full day wearing them to teach, have decided I'm not satisfied but stuck with them :( My toes go right to the end with a thin sock, so even with an additional half size up, I could've better fit a 10 since you definitely will need a thicker sock to stay warm and to cushion any sort of walk about for any distance. There is NO cushioning or liner at all. They do make your foot look small, so just go a full size up to leave a bit of room for either an insole or some wool socks, your feet will thank you. As well, these are NOT particularly easy on and off since you will need to lace tightly from your foot all the way up to keep your foot from sliding up and down in the boot as you walk and also tighten the pull tab at the upper ankle as well for any ankle support at all. The top notches should be speed lace style, but are not, so you need to lace them each and every time the entire way to get them on and off. The laces are leather and seem sturdy enough now, but with enough tying will most likely become an issue. Clearly, all the rugged looking features on these are only added for their appearance and not for function, what was Sorel thinking? They could have done better for the price, geesh. I'm certainly glad I didn't pay the $220 they are asking for. If you just want these for knocking around and for style, and have extra $, go for it, otherwise just really... don't.

Ps. Update after one month after purchase: one shoelace has broken in 3 places and ill need to hunt for another and the veneer on both heels is wearing off to reveal white plastic underneath. I have worn these about 10 times at this point. :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible durability, November 10, 2013
I was so excited about these boots, I thought they were super cute. They fit perfectly, were warm and comfortable, but only lasted 2 months before the rubber front tore open. These didn't even make it to the heavier-snow half of winter before they broke!

For this price, I was sorely disappointed with the durability.

1.0 out of 5 stars Upsetting to say the least, November 13, 2012
Please refrain from buying these boots, despite being 10x the price as boots you would find at forever 21, they are the exact same quality. I bought these boots thinking they were an investment, that I could wear them forever. With a motto of "Get Your Boots Dirty" and a price tag of $220 I was expecting to be able to go anywhere in these things. I had them 9 days before I decided to send them back to the warranty department. The wood veneer on the heel was falling off in chunks, exposing the cheap white plastic block beneath, all from walking on normal dirt/gravel trails in national parks. After they asked me to pay out of pocket to send my two week old boots to the warranty department, the department called to say they were unable to fix my boots and they would be replacing them, but with a different color, despite the fact that you can order the exact pair online. When I said I didn't understand why I couldn't get my boots replaced in the same color they said they did not have the color trail available in stock in the warranty department but would "try to see what they can do over the next few days to order my boots exactly from somewhere else." Worst customer service experience ever, horrible quality of boots, not the brand they use to be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sorel Carly Conquest, January 19, 2013
I love these boots and wish I could wear them every day. Unfortunately the wood finish on the heal comes off after a little while and the shoes don't breath at all. So if your living in a climate that doesn't get below 30 you may have stinky feet. Other wise beautiful boots. Great for casual or add a fun tom boy spunk with lacey tights and a short skirt. So much fun to accesorize with and I get compliments all the time including strangers coming up to me and asking where I got them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, October 30, 2012
I love my new boots! I live in Canada and was in desperate need of a good pair of boots, that and I wanted a good looking/unique boot! I get compliments everywhere I go! They don't have liners, but I just bought some super thermal socks for the -30C winters. That way I can still wear them in the fall and early spring without getting too hot... Very versatile boot!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not what I was looking for, February 18, 2014
I was looking for a rainboot/snowboot that would keep my foot warm in any kind of weather. The top part of this boot is not rainproof; the leather would soak up rain in about an hour or so. The bottom part is the rainproof rubber, but I feel like I would need to wear extra-thick wooly socks in order to keep my foot warm. Returning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, November 4, 2014
These boots look exactly like the pictures! They fit very comfortably as well. Unfortunately I can't speak for their durability because I have yet to take them into extreme weather. I did put these boots to a test though. So I also bought a pair of colombia omni heat boots that were supposed to be water proof as well. As a test I stood in my bath tub with icy cold water up above my ankles for about ten minutes, the sorel boots did great, I didnt feel the cold and absolutely no water made it's way in! The colombia boots didn't last but a minute until my whole foot was cold and soaked. So if your in need of some real water proof comfy boots go with these sorels!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cant get the right size!, November 12, 2012
I have been having the worst experience with this particular brand. The sizing of any of their product is way off the regular chart. Size 9, which I usually wear, is way to big while 8.5 is too small. They need to get their sizes together!
Otherwise this boot is gorgeous! I love the fact that it is three colors and you can match it with different handbags, coats, etc. and their are also not as bulky as last years boot with the fur. its just perfect! Except the size! :/

5.0 out of 5 stars In Love with these Boots, December 29, 2013
This review is from: Sorel Women Conquest Carly Boot (Shoes)
I put off buying these boots for a couple of years now because of the price, but thought I would go for it this year. These boots have been great for the winter so far. The problem I have had with other boots is snow getting caught in the tread which made it slippery to walk. That does not happen at all in these boots. As far as fit, they were as I expected because I read reviews that said they fit on the small side. I am usually a size 8-81/2, and the ones I bought are a 9, and I would not want them any smaller, so order at least a half size up, especially if you want these for long winter walks, and you're going to wear some thicker socks. What I like about these is that they provide warmth without the bulk. Also worth mentioning, after wearing them about 4 times, the shoelace broke. I was disappointed because the shoelaces had this nice waxy feel to them, so when you are doing up the laces they stay tight as you go up the boot. When I contacted the seller, Moosejaw, they were a pleasure to deal with, and have great customer service. I was not able to get new laces but they gave me a discount so I could buy laces myself. Great seller, great product!