Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 5, 2011
I live in chicago, and every year I managed to unconvince myself from buying a pair of heavy winter boots. luckily for me, this is the year I decided to bite the bullet and put down for a pair. A month later, chicago was blanketed in the blizz-aldo rivera 2011. but the boots held up fantastically. they kept warm and dry trudging through the walls of snow. One thing i'd have to point out though is i initially found the boots to be a little tight fitting. After a few weeks in, the boots broke in and although snug, feel like a good fit. I would definitely buy the same pair again.
on December 31, 2013
Looks good and proportionate when worn. I wear 9 with my Sperry Topsiders, but I wore 8.5 on these Sorels.

Regarding the so called -40°F rating-- I highly dispute that. I have gone skiing in Whistler and Lake Tahoe in thick morning-after snow storm powder and in Quebec and Maine in -XX°F temps in my old snow boots and know the feeling of toasty feet. I bought this for my second Lake Tahoe ski vacation. I was astonished that simply standing in thinly packed snow in just 20°s F at mid-day, cold starts to creep in around my feet and toes even with the same wool socks I wore in my previous winter vacations. I have a feeling its the the poorly made liner. Its thick from the ankle up but thin rest of the boots. This is no way going to stand even 0°F temp. You could wear your ski socks then the wool socks as this shoe is roomy to compensate for the inferior insulation.
44 comments|19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2011
Ordered these boots last week and so far I'm very happy with them. Sizing, as mentioned in many reviews, is a bit on the large size. I'm normally a 10.5 and since they don't offer half sizes I went with a 10. With thick socks its a perfect fit.

The construction is solid, and the style is classic. I was shopping for winter boots that didn't look like they were made for a tactical special ops soldier. As fun as is it is to think that I'm a special ops soldier the fact is I'm simply a man who needed winter boots. Less is more.
on March 20, 2013
Got this for a short vacation in Alaska where it was -20F. Worked great; fit to size -- slightly on the small end of the sizing, though -- it would have been tight to fit a thick sock, but i didn't need thick socks with this boot! Only used it for 2 weeks, but it was great for snow and slush.
on January 5, 2014
I purchased these boot for my husband. Sorel has always been a good brand of boots. but the quality of the sole isn't very good. Soles are thin and when you walk on gravel it feels like the rocks are going to poke you.
on November 3, 2015
I bought these for my son as a present for this winter. He's a growing teenager and I thought I'd get him a pair that's 1 size bigger and I'm glad I did. I just received this pair and tried them myself. I was glad I did order it bigger. The boots fit perfectly with a pair of thick socks. Both myself and my son wear 10.5 right now. But I know he's about to pass me in the foot growth challenge! :-)
I didn't hesitate to buy these boots, especially once I saw them for a significant discount. But more importantly, I was ice fishing last year in lake Erie and happened to borrow a friend's pair of Sorels for a day, then I wore a my new pair of Lacrosse hunting boots the next day. Boy, my feet were so toasty the first day but not as much with the Lacrosse. I told myself, my next pair would be Sorels. I had already used the Lacrosse boots. So, I'm gonna have to wait before I get myself a pair of these.
Here are the pros I see so far:
-Fits perfectly (get 1 size bigger if you're going to wear thick socks).
-Keeps you warm in sub-zero temperatures especially if you're ice fishing
-Water resistant
-Attractive look
-Although my son hasn't used these yet (or long), the pair that I borrowed from my friend was 8-10yrs old and it was still solid and waterproof then.
Cons:
-Although this isn't really a big deal, I did find the the insert may come off if you don't loosen up the boot.
-I would have liked the laces to be longer because you have to loosen them up enough to get your foot in.
Again, these aren't a huge deal. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages clearly and you can easily live with the cons I've listed.
on October 22, 2014
Had a pair growing up, these are not the same construction. One note is the tongue is made of their waxed canvas, not leather. Nonetheless, I hope I do not have to buy another pair the rest of my life. I like to wear thicker, wool socks, when snow blowing outside in the winter. I ordered +.5 size to my sneaker size. Sneaker size 10, dress shoe size 9. I have 10.5 in these boots and have the perfect amount of room room to add winter wool "hunting" socks.
VINE VOICEon January 17, 2013
Eleven things you need to know about these Sorel 1964 Premium T (leather top) Boots

1) This is a harsh weather boot. It's treated leather and rubber, and it's waterproof. It's felt lined and it's very warm, even in very cold conditions. This is a boot suitable for use in places like Minnesota, Canada, and upstate New York...that is, places where you get a lot of snow, and where you need a boot that won't leak and will keep your feet warm. You can, of course, wear these in places it doesn't snow--the boot won't complain. But you may find that these boots are too warm to use as kicks on the streets of San Diego or Florida, even during a torrential downpour.

2) This boot isn't very stylish. Well, perhaps, it's stylish in an old jeans, flannel shirt, arctic cap and my boots sort of way. But you will want to change these out if you wear them to a formal office. You wouldn't want to wear these on a nice date. Etc. They are what they are: Function over style. And that's kind of chic in and of itself. But it's not chic in a "ooh...nice looking boots" way.

3) This model boot has been made for nearly half a century. So they are classic in a sense.

4) These boots were once made in Canada. Not any longer. Bowing to financial realities (like almost every mass market shoe maker), Sorel now has these made in China. The quality is still good, however.

5) Everyone who lives in a place where you get appreciable snow should own a pair of these. Your stylish boots are for when the snow has cleared and the skies are bright. These are the work boots when you need to clear the snow, or walk a mile to somewhere in bad weather. Think of these as the boots that save your stylish boots.

6) These run slightly long and wide (probably the equivalent of a EE or even EEEE for most shoes). They are intentionally sized this way to accommodate a thick sock. They are not svelte looking--think fashionable duck feet.

7) The lower part of these shoes is fairly stiff and heavy rubber--and will remain that way. These will never be the most comfortable shoes you own for simple walking.

8) This same design is available with a treated canvas (rather than leather) upper, here Sorel Men's 1964 Premium T Canvas Boot, for basically the same price. The leather doesn't make the boot any more attractive, and it makes the upper stiffer and less comfortable (at least until broken in, although arguably forever). On the other hand, leather can be a little more durable over the long run. I prefer the canvas. Everything else written here about these boots applies to both models.

9) The soles are ribbed and are fine for snow. They are OK, but not incredible, when walking on slick ice.

10) These shoes have very little arch support. The fit is very similar to a traditional sneaker like Converse high tops. If you need arch support, you will need to buy inserts.

11) Buy them. They will last for years.
on January 9, 2015
These boots seem to be well made with quality materials. However, I am returning them as I ordered half size smaller based on suggestions in the reviews but the boots seem to be sized properly. So, they are just a tad too small for me.
on January 19, 2013
Toasty warm, waterproof and stylin! What more could you ask for. Personally like them better than the Caribou I tried on at a local store. The sole on the Premium T is not so chunky, they come in half sizes and no fuzzy top! BOOTS DO FIT A HALF SIZE BIG meaning buy a half size smaller than your normal size! Don't go by the print-out chart on the Sorel website.