5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary.
Published on April 29, 2011 by Jeremy Baumann

2.0 out of 5 stars Great work boots! Until you wear them...
Published on January 2, 2011 by petunia09

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary., April 29, 2011
I haven't had a good snow boot since... ever? I'm not even sure I've had a BAD snow boot since I was a kid. Anyhow, I was looking for something presentable enough that I could wear them with khakis/cords/jeans to my office (very casual dress at my work), and that my feet wouldn't be soaked. By default I had been wearing Timberland work boots, since they were the closest thing I had to a snow boot... but they got soaked and leaked even with waterproof waxes. (I'm sure they probably have a "waterproof" boot, but mine was the regular work boot.)

Anyhow, I bought these due to the good reviews and felt a little silly spending so much on them, but the review by the guy who does deliveries in the snow all day loving them got me and I bought. I'm so glad I did - had no idea such an INCREDIBLY comfortable boot existed! It seems like it's practically military-grade, like it'll last forever and I also had no idea that a thinsulate boot would add any serious level of warmth, but it sure does.

This winter, even sledding with my little boy, my feet were warm, dry, and the padding inside is outstanding. I've walked from the top of Central Park to my apartment here in NYC (110 to around 20th street = 90 blocks = 4.5 miles), and they were as comfortable as walking shoes.

Love 'em. If they fell apart after a few years, which I doubt, I'd buy 'em again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps me warm through the Minnesotan winter, January 22, 2011
I bought these boots on the recommendation of a colleague and I have been completely satisfied. This winter has been pretty harsh and these shoes have helped keep me warm. Although they are a bit bulky, they are very flexible and don't chafe your ankle like many other boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Work Boots, December 27, 2010
This review is from: Sorel Men's Timberwolf Leather Boot (Apparel)
As a delivery guy, I was looking for a pair of snow boots that were more like a pair of work boots than a pair of snow boots. These boots fit that need perfectly. This is my second pair of these boots as I wanted a backup pair since no other company makes boots this nice.

The Sorel Timberwolf have a good traction to help prevent slips and falls, and the laces keep your foot from sliding around inside the boot.

Highly Recommended!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great work boots! Until you wear them..., January 2, 2011
This review is from: Sorel Men's Timberwolf Leather Boot (Apparel)
Bought these for my hard working husband-he's in the muck all day long in the wintertime. He said they were a little stiff when he first started wearing them but he wasn't worried about being able to break them in. They are really warm and keep his feet dry. Better than the columbia boots he had last time. **It's now the winter of 2011 and these boots are shot. The toe is worn through and flapping with every step. So annoying, bought the Sorel brand because we thought they'd last at least two years. We are underwhelmed...they didn't even make it January to March.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Winter Boot!, October 2, 2012
These boots are the warmest boot I have owned. They are comfortable but a little stiff when new. After a month of almost daily wear they lossen up and fit perfectly. They keep my feet warm and dry in ice and snow and the sole is very "grippy", no slipping and sliding! The downside is that if it warms up outside my feet will get a little too warm but that is to be expected. These replaced an old Timberland boot and are much better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shoelace Defect, February 8, 2013
Pros:

(1) Boots look great

(2) Keeps feet warm and dry

(3) Aside from the shoelaces, the rest of the boot feels well built. I get the feeling that it can take a beating.

Cons:

(1) Boots run half a size larger than normal

(2) Shoelaces are atrocious. After two weeks of normal use the laces gave in. The shoe laces are not one piece. They are a insulated with some sort of quick drying material. Unfortunately, the insulation is very weak and does not hold up. The self destruction happened as I was tugging my laces for a tight fit. The friction between my tugging and the upper metal clamps caused the insulation to quickly deteriorate. Basically the metal clamps cut into the insulation and expose the inner shoelace.

(3) I called Sorel to complain about the problem and they do not carry replacement shoelaces. The customer service representative recommended that I buy new shoe laces. That's unfortunate. You would think a reputable company would be able to solve such a cheap problem.

(4) The metal mechanisms that hold the laces in place look tacky. I wish they were powder coated black so they would withstand discoloration from heavy usage and because it would look much cleaner and subtler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, November 19, 2011
We live in Germany and frequent the Christmas Markets every year which means many long hours in the cold and snow. My husband loves these boots! Every time he wears them outside he raves about how warm his feet are! His legs are cold but not his feet. He is in awe with these boots. I am a thrifty shopper and have a hard time spending alot of money on 1 particular item. But I did mange to purchase these boots with a discount and got them for $89 from $110! SWEET! Definately worth the money I spent on them!!! You will not be disappointed with this buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boots Ever, March 22, 2011
These boots are comfortable and did the job of keeping my feet warm. I live at an APO address and the product shipped much quicker than Amazon estimated. Recommend these boots to anybody who likes their feet warm and comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough enough for a Canuck, March 8, 2012
I shopped around quite a bit for some good boots to get me to school, shopping in the cold Montreal winter. I finally got these and another brand and made a decision between the two. I liked the look of these (understated but not boring). After wearing them, all I can say is that these boots are incredibly warm (maybe a little bit too warm if you keep them on all day inside like I do). They are weather proof and all around amazing. I gave them 4 stars because they dont tighten up around my ankle as tight as i'd like them to. You have to really pull them tight, and make a double knot so that it doesn't come untied. Besides that, I couldn't be happier and I think they will last me a long time. Very comfortable!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap! Cheap! Cheap!, April 24, 2012
The upper separated from the sole of these boots almost during the same winter season of my purchase. They do a great deal of advertising their warmth. Guess I missed the part where they say they do a lousy job constructing their footwear, huh?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›