Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Size: 8 B(M) US|Color: Cappucino/Oxford Tan|Change

on January 10, 2012
I ordered these boots because I live in Montreal, Canada and I walk to and from work every day. I needed a good quality winter boot that could withstand all the snow and frigid temperatures that we get here. These boots currently sell for $160 before taxes in the store near me, so when I found them here for $97.46, tax and shipping all in, I ordered them immediately! Before ordering, I tried them on at the store in my usual size 7, and they were too big... so I ordered a size down and they fit perfectly!

Some people think that these are too clunky and wide. Listen, this is a winter boot that's suitable for -25°F (-32°C)... something smaller/slimmer isn't really possible. But regardless, these boots ARE cute. I consider myself a fashion forward young woman, and I have no issues here. I can see how people might be concerned about how wide they are, because they DO look wide when looking down at your own feet, but a friend of mine has a similar pair of Sorels that look totally adorable when I look at them on her feet, and they don't seem wide at all!

I also wore these out on a 3 hour walk in 14°F (-10°C) weather and my feet were toasty warm and totally comfortable.

I definitely recommend these.
on December 20, 2014
I bought these boots to keep my feet dry and warm when walking around Boston in the winter. They worked well for about a month then they started to leak. The back rubber part of both boots developed cracks. I'm very disappointed. I really wanted these to work as they are really cute but they are not worth the money. Plus they are very heavy and a bit hard to walk in for longer distances.
review image
on January 30, 2013
A warning: DO NOT TRUST THESE SHOES!

I'm an American now living in Sweden, and I have enjoyed wearing these in the snow. They are warm boots, and seemed sturdy. I have been using them for about a month, a few times a week in the snow, no problem. Recently, the temperature went up outside and the snow began melting quickly and puddles formed everywhere. Only now, after walking through a couple very shallow puddles, possibly an inch deep max, my right shoe leaked and the liner became damp, and of course cold, since it's only a little above freezing here. I removed the liner and felt around just to make sure, and sure enough, they were quite wet inside! It leaks right in the middle of the flat of the sole, which means there must be a hole in the rubber itself. There are no seams there. I've only been walking on soft snow, so there is no way I could have punctured the shoe.

After Googling "sorel leaks" (thinking I might just have a one-off defective shoe, since they say "waterproof" all over them), I found tons of reviews and reports of other customers' Sorel boots leaking as well. It seems that Sorel boots were once great when they were manufactured in Canada, but now they are manufactured in SE Asia, and the company is now owned by Columbia Sportswear. How sad, because I was really beginning to like these boots.

The scary thing is that someone out there might take these backcountry camping, or be put in a situation where they needed the boots to actually stay waterproof, like they promise.

Very worrying - DO NOT TRUST THESE SHOES!
on February 12, 2013
Purchased these 2 months ago, and now that they are finally weather/nature tested, I am ready to write the review.
I have been wearing them for vigorous winter nature walks here in Upstate New York. They are warm but not overwhelmingly so. Once broken in, they are quite comfortable and don't feel stiff. I have covered a lot of mileage in them in the snow and slush, and in very mixed terrain (including bushwhacking on some mountainous terrain).
YES, THEY ARE WATERPROOF! I missed the shore of a small pond and went in through the ice - the boots were submerged for a few minutes almost up to the top rim, but my feet remained warm and dry in the ensuing scramble. I have waded through some mud and puddles and they haven't failed me. Highly recommend / would purchase again.

Oh, and even though I have been wearing them a lot they still look like new
on August 17, 2015
I wanted these boots for months and finally bit the bullet and bought them. Fast shipping through prime but when I put them on I realized how big they were. Comfy but huge. Come to learn they sent me an 8 in a size 6.5 box. Next I examine the shoes themselves because other people had mentioned poor quality. The label on one shoe was on crooked and the heal on both were already coming off, like they were poorly glued down. The leather was super soft and nice but there was some sort of glue on the corner and where seams meet. From for away they look great but I can see where the rubber will break down really fast. The back label will rub the already thin rubber causing it to crack. For the price these are a complete waste and the sad thing is I believe them to be authentic sorels. I have had them all of 10mins and they are going straight back.
review image review image review image
on January 8, 2013
I received these as a 2012 Christmas gift and put them to the test in North Dakota for the holidays where the highest the temperature reached was maybe 10 degrees. They are warm, waterproof, fairly light in weight and pretty comfortable. The only downside is that I normally wear a size 7.5 and got a size 8 since they once came in whole sizes. They're a little big so I think I would have preferred a 7. If you wear bulky socks or extra pairs they may fit better but I wear SmartWool socks that are thinner so the boots were a little big. Make sure you wear higher socks as well - I noticed they pinched the back of my ankle just below the calf if I wore low socks but maybe that will go away once they're broken in. Overall, I'd recommend them and look forward to using them this winter and spring.
on January 25, 2016
I wanted quality, waterproof snow boots to wear in NYC during and after snow storms. Insulation and function were more important to me with looks being secondary. I researched different brands and the leather 1964 premium boots were in my top contenders. I wear size 5 and these fit a little loose on me with regular socks leaving enough room to wear thick socks if desired. Not big enough on me to require a size down (and they don't make a smaller size). The oiled leather is soft and flexible but prone to scuffs which can add to a distressed/worn look. A little bummed that the tongue is made of a thin waxed canvas or synthetic, but the tongue is sewn to the leather half way up the boot shaft to protect snow and water seeping through.

I finally had a need to wear them after this weekend's storm Jonas. I did not wear them for long periods, but I walked in slush and 2 ft. deep snow and my feet stayed warm. Sorel rates this boot claiming it can withstand up to -25 degrees Fahrenheit (Sorel doesn't rate all their winter boots). They are meant for use in heavy snow and do feel clunky but I expected that for snow boots. I imagine I will get used to wearing them just as I got used to wearing Wellies in the rain. But these are not as heavy and stiff as the Sorel Caribou boots I tried on.

In terms of looks, I like that these are similar to duck boots. When you look down at your feet, the rubber boot does appear wide because the boot slants outward a bit and has a wide off-white trim that enhances the wide appearance. But from the side or another person's perspective, they don't look as wide. I can also wear youth size 3 and I compared the sole width to a Sorel youth size 3 boot and these 1964 boots were only 1/4" wider.

Hoping the quality & waterproof leather will hold up over time. Sorel only provides a one year warranty, and I expect them to last for several years.
on July 14, 2012
I work on a farm in upstate New York, and these boots remain warm and waterproof through the winter. I recommend them highly for quality, and I also love the look of them! Although several reviewers have commented that they run large, I found that I needed to order a size up so I could fit a couple pairs of wool socks in them.
on February 8, 2015
Love these boots! Just purchased them, and they are just as warm as my uggs. Be aware that these truly are snow boots. They are VERY heavy. To the point that if you have any circulation problems, your toes may fall asleep if you're sitting still for two long because there isn't much room for your feet to move. I dont mind this as much, as I plan on wearing them back and forth to work (I walk and take public transit) and occasionally on weekends. This may change as I break them in, so hopefully if that's the case I'll remmeber to update my review. Fit is as expected. I normally wear a size 6. I ordered a size 6 and they fit perfect. My heels and ankle are fairly narrow, though, and these are heavy lace up boots. If you have wider feet or issues in the past, you may want to size up.
on December 28, 2013
Nice boots for a nice price. I recommend getting your actual size or probably bigger because they have a super tight fit. If you want to save money you should try them on in the actual store and then order them from Amazon. They run $140 from the store but here they were $112 but I ended up returning them.