5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier!
Published 13 months ago by Alison Campbell

3.0 out of 5 stars Good on snow but slippery on tile
Published 10 months ago by R. Welch

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier!, November 28, 2013
I bought these boots in my regular size 9. Having not tried them on before purchasing, I had no idea what to expect! I've tried on other Sorel boots in stores and they never fit quite right (the Winter Carnival, Joan of Arc's). These are amazing! They are soooo comfortable, good foot support within the boot and they are toasty! I forgot to bring an extra pair of shoes with me to work, and I had to take these off because my feet were sweating. I haven't been this pleased with a footwear purchase in a while! Love that they're waterproof, love that they have a pretty low profile look to them, they'll go with any outfit and I love that they're pull on and off so I don't have the hassle of tying up laces every time I go out! Thanks Sorel and thanks Amazon! Fast shipping was a bonus!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good on snow but slippery on tile, February 3, 2014
R. Welch (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sorel Women's Glacy Snow Boot (Shoes)
I purchased these via a different site thinking they were a better alternative to Uggs and b/c they're actually waterproof. I've been wearing them the last couple weeks, since the Polar Vortex and while they're warm and good on snow - they really grip & crunch the snow - they are *horrible* on wet floors. I have to commute on snowy sidewalks to wet subway platforms, wet subway trains and wet subway stations. I have had to become extra careful when I'm on the subway or on a subway station floor that's tile. Everyone else around me seems fine but I've slipped a couple times already on the subway and station floor when I tried to walk normally. I have to take baby steps to keep from slipping around.
So, if you are going to be wearing these outside on snow, on dirt, on gravel, on rough pavement - go for it. If you're buying these to wear as a commuter shoe, I don't recommend them.
Regarding size, I wear a 9 or 9.5 depending on the shoe. I purchased a 9.5 in these and the length is just about right but they are super roomy so you can't wear them with regular socks. Even a thin wool sock was a bit too thin. To me they also seem too heavy, definitely clunky, but I imagine it's due to the thick rubbery sole, which helps keep your foot warm. (Though is not slip resistant.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots!, November 16, 2013
I bought these shoes to have warm boot for winter. They are a great fit, super comfortable, and very sharp looking! Excellent quality for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent rainproof winter boot., December 12, 2013
JZ (Camas WA) - See all my reviews
Initially not what I expected in terms of fit and feel. The toe is rather firm, not soft like a pair of Bearpaws that I also have, this made it feel funny on my toes initially. The boot opening wider than expected. After a few wears my foot seemed to find its own fit. I successfully have worn these boots for long hikes outdoor in cold weather. Very warm boots, very comfortable even after extended wear. Did take some getting use to. The outer material will need some care with wet exposure and the faux fur lining which forms a cuff just around the inside of the boot opening is more visible than in the picture, also soils easily. Purchased in Saddle as well. Very pleased. If planning on wearing thicker socks, go up half a size. Tall socks recommended with these as the boot does slide/give when walking and will pull a medium or lower cut sock down towards the foot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots, January 1, 2014
These boots are warm, cute and comfortable. I highly recommend. I think they will hold up much better than the other slip on brands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorel Women's Glacy Snow Boot, December 16, 2013
They fit wonderful and they are exactly what I expected. They are very comfortable. They need a little breaking in, one day wearing them was all it took!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great winter boots, January 31, 2014
I ordered these in the beginning of January and I've worn them every day since! They are super comfortable, squishy inside and good arch support. And very warm! They look great (better than uggs in my opinion), and the soles are great for slippery conditions. The only thing I wish they had is a loop on the back to help pull them on. I have a high instep/arch and getting them on is a bit difficult.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful boots, November 21, 2014
I purchased these boots a week after I fell on my icy driveway. I thought I would have to wear metal creepers on my shoes all winter but read the reviews on these boots and loved the style, so got them and sure enough they are very comfortable with a thick cushy insole with some arch support. They are also warm and very stable on snowy, slick ground. The only negative is there is no pull on strap. They are semi difficult to pull on, but still very happy I got them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, January 23, 2014
Love the boots. Wish there was a little more arch support as I have super flat feet but I wasn't expecting much support in these types of boots anyhow. Great to wear anytime, not just in the rain/snow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, November 18, 2014
This review is from: Sorel Women's Glacy Snow Boot (Shoes)
These are a really great and also FUNCTIONAL boot. The functional part is rare nowadays as it seems many people select form over function when purchasing boots. Boots are meant to keep your feet 1) warm and 2)dry. Most of those Uggs and Bearpaws that people buy, those keep your feet warm, but the more popular ones are really not meant for snow! These are 100% meant to be worn in the snow.

The leg opening is big enough to accommodate my very wide calf, which is nice, as many brands do not. These are very warm, and yes, waterproof. They are also comfy and have some support in them (which Uggs and Bearpaws do not). These also look fairly nice which is a big plus.

The only negative thing I have to say is that they either run large or are very roomy. I wear a 6, so I bought a 6, but maybe should have gotten a 5.5. I wasn't brave enough to return it and try a 5.5. I can make due with the 6 if I wear thick socks.If I had to make a comparison, I would say these sort of fit like and feel a little bit like crocs. The foot body is stiffish and clearly has some sort of material under the leather which is probably what helps the boot keep it's shape and maintain its waterproof-ness.

I think they have good traction and have had no problems with slipping, even on tile.

Sorel Women's Glacy Snow Boot