5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality winter boot!
Published 23 months ago by Nicole

3.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots, but no half sizes and very wide :(
Published on January 16, 2013 by Yogini

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality winter boot!, March 1, 2013
This review is from: Sorel Women's Joan Of Arctic 64 Boot (Apparel)
Before ordering these boots, I actually ordered the cheaper version of the Joan of Arctic on Amazon. I found this pair was on Sorel's website (02/25/13) for $111. Naturally, I ordered those and figured I would return whichever I didn't like. THESE are the ones I stuck with. The leather looks so rich and durable. If these get anything on them, I can wipe them clean, whereas the suede would probably be a different story. They are a bit stiff when you get them, and walking can feel awkward at first, but remember these are a SNOW boot, not necessarily a fashion boot (although they are cute as hell). After a full day of wearing them, I broke them in a bit and got used to it!

I imagine I will own these for many years to come. My last snow boots lasted me 5 years and they weren't nearly as nice, not to mention versatile. These look great with skinny jeans, tights, leggings, and many other fashionable outfits, whereas my old ones were just kind of frumpy grandma.

Many people have complained about the way these fit. I wear a size 9 1/2 on average, and I ordered the 10 and they fit fine, especially considering that if it is winter, I'm going to be wearing thick socks. I have a pretty narrow foot and they didn't feel too wide. Love these boots!

3.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots, but no half sizes and very wide :(, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Sorel Women's Joan Of Arctic 64 Boot (Apparel)
These are great looking boots, but I am a 6.5 and neither the 6 nor the 7 fit me. My toes brush the front of the 6 and my foot was swimming in the 7. I truly needed the half size. Furthermore, both the 6 and 7 were too wide, making me uncertain at first whether the 6 was actually too small because there was still so much room in the boot. Ultimately I had to return both pairs and sadly, am again on the hunt for the perfect winter boot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Joan of Arctic Premium, February 13, 2013
Loved the look of these boots, but wish they fit better. I am a 7 1/2 - 8 in shoes. These boots ran small. My toe hit the end. I liked the leather calf huggers, and the look. I would have tried a larger size, but they were uavailable.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, August 20, 2013
Looked at reviews (for literally days! Read every one of them!!) I wear a 6 1/2 and opted for the 6 as people recommended. It does fit but it's snug (purely width wise.) I have kinda wide feet though. I'm wearing them now (sockless) which feels better, so I can hopefully stretch them out and break them it. Don't think I would wear a super thick sock with them because it would be too tight and restrictive. I have not worn them in cold/wet weather yet so I will update then. They are beautiful and stylish. I took the liner out to see if you could wear them without the liner. People say they are unwearable if you do that. They would be quite loose but look like a cool combat boot-so we'll see if I can make it work! My calves are slightly large as well but there is no problem fitting them in. Only con is they are a bit tight width wise and not quite (for me) a slip on and slip off shoe (probably due to my fat foot-ed-ness!) That is the only reason I knocked a star off. It's quite an expensive boot as well-the only reason I was able to purchase them was I received a gift card for my birthday. Thank goodness.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sure warm, December 10, 2013
These boots are lovely and warm and are true to size. I do feel like I have large feet when I have them on, although the extra warmth are well worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love this boots!, July 26, 2013
they look great, good quality. very happy with these. The color of the leather is awesome. Hope to have these for a while. Well worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Boot...Poor fit., April 25, 2013
I wanted to love this boot. It is beautiful out of the box, but sadly when I received them there was some sort of manufacturers defect in the inner molding of the shoe creating a weird crimp that was simply uncomfortable. I returned and ordered another pair, and while the new pair was not flawed they did not fit great. The leather was a bit stiff...but I am sure with some wear it would soften up and break in...I just didn't feel like dealing with that. Size wise I would say they fit true to size in length but they are a bit wide. Plus the style of boot is quite clunky and makes your foot look very large:( I decided to return. Because I loved the look of the boot so much I ordered the same boot style but in nu-buck to see if they fit any differently and they did. A bit wide but more flexible, so no break in time...I wear big socks with them...but they are very warm and dry...very stylish...not great for long hikes...or maybe just steep hikes...better on level ground and maybe shorter walks. They are not perfect but not bad either. I really like them..and would recommend the suede fabric version...but best for running about town in rain and snow.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these!, April 18, 2013
I live in Southern California but I'm from Chicago. I bought these to take with me on a winter trip to Italy. The weather was rainy, cold and snowy. I would walk in them sometimes all day for hours. Not only were my feet very comfy and very dry, they are very stylish. The Italians loved them! If it weren't 72 degrees out right now I'd be wearing them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, fits great and warm!, March 20, 2014
Love these! Look and fit are amazing! Just what my daughter needs for those cold Minnesota winters. She absolutely loves them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Conquer the winter in these babies!, March 4, 2014
I bought these knowing that Sorel boots are a pain in the butt to get on, but once you're laced up you're unstoppable... unless you find a patch of ice. Then you are on the ground. If you live in an area that gets mostly snow and not a ton of ice, these are the boots for you. They are NOT EASY to put on if you have wider feet/calves, but are in fact true to size once you've got your foot in them. They are warm, waterproof and darn pretty. However, these are NOT good on ice. I haven't had a pair of Sorel boots yet that are good on ice. There is no true grip on the bottom of the boot and the curve of the sole dooms you from the start. I still love them though.

Sorel Women's Joan Of Arctic 64 Boot