Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on January 7, 2009
I have had sorel lace-up boots before, but the zipper and the fur lining make these boots warm and convenient. They are cozy and have a sticky sole, so are pretty slip-free in winter conditions. They are great!
on January 3, 2012
I got these because I wanted a pair of warm winter boots to wear walking from the parking lot to my work building; I'm also afraid of slipping on icy sidewalks. I can't comment on the traction because we haven't had much in the way of snow/ice yet, but I find these boots comfortable and warm.

Temperature rated -25°F/-32°C: Usually my feet have stayed nice and warm, but today it was -20°F/-29°C with the wind chill, and my feet felt cold at the end of my foray outside. I should have worn thicker socks but... (see "Fit")

Fit: The boots fit true to size BUT with thin trouser socks or pantyhose. I would go up at least a half size if you wear thicker socks. The top of the boot is snug, so tucking pants in won't work. I am a B width (medium) but on the narrow side. I would not recommend these boots if you tend on the wider side with foot width or ankle/calf; they will likely feel tight and uncomfortable.

I've had no problems with the zipper. All in all, I really like these boots.
on March 8, 2007
These are the warmest pair of winter boots I ever had. I only have one problem with it the ankle part of the boots are not designed well and it is difficult to zip it all the way up. The service was excellent, I receive the item within few days of my order. Thank you.
on December 23, 2008
Got these boots just in time for a super slushy road test. As the other reviewer mentioned, the zipper is a little tricky, but only for the first few wears in my case. They are very warm even though they are not Sorel's warmest offering. My toes are toasty and dry. I tend to be sensitive to the cold, so I'm impressed. The only other thing I've noticed is that occasionally one foot will feel a little slippery. I certainly haven't felt like I was about to fall, just a little slick step here and there. Very happy overall.
VINE VOICEon June 18, 2014
I've owned several pairs of Snow Angel boots, both the zip and the lace. In fact, I've worn nothing but Sorel boots for many years, but that, unfortunately, has got to change.

My old pair of zips are wearing out (I've had them for at least six years), and so I watched for an out-of-season sale on Amazon and got these at a good price. I was so happy -- but not for long. I took the boots out the box and put them side by side to my old ones -- same size. So far, so good.

However, as soon as I unzipped the boots, I noticed that they didn't seem to open wide like they used to, like the flap or gusset or whatever you call it on the inside is narrower, although, to be fair, I did not measure that, it was just my impression. I also have a high arch and a high instep, and even with my thinnest socks, my foot would only go halfway into the boot. I absolutely couldn't, no way, no how, no matter what, get these boots more than halfway on.

So I again compared them to my old Snow Angel zip boots, and, sure enough, the zipper does not go down as far as it did on the older boots. The zipper is about one inch shorter than before. There is now a rectangular patch on the front of the boot in the area where it used to be zipper.

So back they go. Too bad because Sorel in general, and Snow Angel Zip Boots in particular, used to be my favorites. I've had a lot of trouble with Sorel boots since they were bought out by Columbia -- not happy with them. Another example: my Sorel Joan of Arctic boots (which seemed to fit perfectly when I tried them on) literally gouged chunks of flesh off the back of my legs when I walked four blocks, the one and only time I wore them. I was a bloody mess, and believe me, it hurt.
on January 21, 2013
these were ordered because we were spending the holidays in the snow country. They were warm and waterproof. Perfect for the single digits weather we experienced. I would definitely recommend these boots.
on December 2, 2015
I was looking for snow boots with a zipper, so these fit the bill. I originally purchased the tall Sorel boots for women but I ended up returning them. They were tall, looked warm and very attractive but I couldn't get them on or off without a wrestling match. I love how easily these slip on and off. I wish they were a bit higher but all and all they will work. They are light weigh enough to wear on my long Minnesota winter walks and yet still feel cozy.
on November 24, 2010
I should have not wasted time and money seeing for myself given the bad reviews. They do not zip to the top as stated many times and in no way can you possibly tuck in a pant leg as there is no room. These are useless, I ordered them for the practicality of them as I am in and out of bad weather with my job. I live in Maine, I need practical, not "cute." I own other Sorel boots for snowmobiling and those are great, these are constructed too stiff and the zipper sucks...
on October 10, 2015
Wasnt sure i was going to keep them but compared to others I also ordered these are the best choice. I was disappointed in a couple things. There is not as much of the "fur" at the top as I expected - maybe an inch at the most. I think it would look chic with more fur. Also it is quite fitted around the ankle area so that boot cut pants easily go over it. For me this was not a positive as I would prefer my pants not go down all the way and thus get covered in snow. And the boots I ordered that high enough to go over pants make the pants look baggy. I was hoping for a low-cut boot that would just stop my pants near the top of the boot. Its an easy fix to just roll my pants up a bit tho. My third disappointment is there is obvious quality issues. One zipper catches easily on the tongue and it takes a bit to uncatch it and zip it up. And the other boot the fur area stops short of covering above the zipper so there is a gap in the fur on just one boot. As far as fit, I am a 91/2 and ordered the 10 and it fits but with no extra room.
on October 14, 2015
I had to return; although this is the kind of boot I was looking for, I was very disappointed to find out even when unzipped, it's almost impossible to fit your foot into the boot, unless you have a toothpick size ankle/foot/leg. Very upset I had to return.