Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sorel Women's Snowlion NL1082 Boot,Black,8 M
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 9, 2008
I have waited to buy these boots for a long time, deterred by the usual high price. However, with this deal, how could I resist? These boots are not only worth every penny of the sale price, but of the standard price, too. They are well made, warm, and comfortable. I would recommend them to anyone. Choose your regular size, and expect to wear heavy socks for the perfect fit.
on January 27, 2009
Love my boots! They are lightweight yet very warm. I am outside everyday and they are great! It was -30 below last week and my feet stayed warm.
on December 16, 2007
I am a repeat Sorel customer...Their last pair lasted me 10 years!! You can step through melting snow puddles without worrying that that damp cold wetness will seep through...a must for those who must deal with snow every year!
on July 3, 2011
I'm a photographer, and in preparation for an upcoming winter photographic trip to Tasmanian wilderness areas (Australia), I thought I should invest in a good pair of waterproof boots. There's nothing worse than having cold, wet shoes and feet, or being deterred from exploration because I don't want to get my shoes wet/dirty/muddy...

So I shopped online, and I knew I wanted Sorel snow boots for the waterproofing, traction and warmth. These boots on Amazon were the cheapest I found online anywhere, even including the extra amount I paid for Express International shipping!! I bought these boots one week before I was flying out, and received them in about 4 days. (from US to AUS)

Friends had warned me that new snowboots would need breaking-in, that it was a bad idea, would lead to blisters, etc... But these boots felt perfect from the very first moment I put them on at home... They are roomy, well-insulated, and comfortable straight out of the box!! I was thrilled, considering the amount of money I've spent in the past buying expensive hiking boots that were absolutely torturous to wear.

As women would understand and sympathise: when you pack your suitcase for a trip, you want to bring as much as you can, and leave the heavy stuff at home... but boy was I glad I packed these babies!! They were well worth the weight and space they occupied in my suitcase. In my line of work, I can't afford for equipment to let me down (in the split second it takes for me hesitate and consider not wading into the tall grass, would actually cost me the moment that I wanted to capture!!). These boots were a godsend. I did not hesitate to walk on any terrain, knowing my feet were well-protected - from cold, wet, mud, slipperiness, snow, grass, snakes, etc..

In short, they're great! Warm, comfortable, waterproof, with good traction, and easy to clean - what more could you want from a snowboot? I'm an Australian Women's size 7.5, or European size 38. I got these Sorel boots in size 7, based on reviews that said they run a little big. They are the perfect size for me. Sorel have got my vote and my loyalty with this boot! Don't be mistaken, they are not fashion boots, but are completely practical, and don't look too bad doing it! (in my opinion, they look much better than most hiking boots I've seen...)
on November 30, 2008
A little bulkier than they look - I wish they would cinch up for a more streamlined effect. That being said, they fit well and are very comfortable from the box. I haven't had snow yet to take them out in, but from all I can tell, gonna be great! FEEL TRUE TO SIZE - ORDER YOUR USUAL!

Update: We've had plenty of now and I've now gotten pretty good wear in these boots and I love them! My feet stay toasty warm and dry all day - even after trudging through snow piles. What more can you ask. Also they clean up easily - just wash them down with a hose or wet rag and you are good to go! However, I wear them in a dressier application most of the time due to my career and I am not so comfortable with them in that situation. There are other boots made by Sorel that are more in that vein and will provide the same protection. I should have done more research but I am glad I have these - I hate wet, cold feet and it's not an issue now!

Three cons I have come across are that the sock inside (which is removable if you so desire) sometimes come out too easily or it simply takes your socks you're wearing off and keeps them inside. This is just a minor problem and doesn't occur very often enough to be bothersome. Also, the string you cinch up at the top to keep snug and keep snow out - if you get it too tight it becomes downright painful after a short time. And I wish the laces went all the way up because they come loose too easily with only three eyelets. These are all very minor problems and I don't believe enough to really bother the average wearer nor deter from adding them to your wardrobe. Overall, easy on and easy off and enjoyable - though bulky - but lightweight, too.
on January 18, 2009
These boots are so fabulous. I stayed out in the snow for three or so hours building a fort for my kids. I didn't once feel the need to come in from the cold. In my old boots my toes were frozen before I got the drive shoveled. I wish I had invested in a pair of these years ago. Well worth the cost. Well made although my son wore off the end of one of the laces already - I think he must have been walking on it while it was untied. Inside lining is warm and dry up my entire calf and the ties at the ankle keep them securely in place in deep snow.
on March 24, 2010
I bought the white Snowlion boots for my wife to wear while icefishing, her feet stay warm and dry now. However there is a problem with the quality, after wearing them for three weekends the nylon material just above the heel started to seperate. I contacted Sorel about the problem, they asked me to send photos of the boots showing the problem area. After that was done they responded that they would cover them as they have a 1 year warranty. We were told that the boots are out of stock and a new shipment won't be in until June. I have a pair of Sorel boots that I bought in the early '90's that have been used for hunting, fishing and shoveling snow in Wyoming and northern Nevada and show very little wear. It would seem to me that the quality may have suffered when they quit being made in Canada.
on January 18, 2010
I was so excited to get these boots for Christmas but after less than a month and pobably a half dozen outings the material on the back of the boot is already ripping out of the stitching, I am trying to return them or exchange them. Would have expected much better quality from Sorel. They are very warm and comfortable, hoping to try again.
on September 23, 2008
I moved from Atlanta, Georgia in the United States to Lodz in Poland to attend school. To say the change in climate was drastic is an understatement. I went from one end of the spectrum to the other! These are my first snow boots and they are the best. I love them. They are comfortable, sturdy, and quite fashionable. I can walk through snow, ice(however carefully), meltly ice, pavement and at the end of the day my socks are dry and my feet are warm :)
on October 13, 2013
This was my 1st pair of snow boots so my review may be tainted by my inexperience. I wear a 9.5, but I ordered a size down because on the internet I read that this boot ran large. This is far from the truth. I initially ordered a 9M, but I had to send them back because they were just too small. The 10M that I have now are so much better. They are still slightly too tight, but I expect them to loosen up after a couple of wears. I also felt like an 11M would be way too large. My concern is that they won't loosen up enough to allow me to be able to tuck my jeans in them. I am also concerned about whether my wool socks will fit into the boot. I have not experienced snow yet so I will update my review when that happens. They are warm because my feet were sweating inside them. They also seem like they would be comfortable to walk in.

See 1 answered question