Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

Size: 8 B(M) USColor: Dark Olive/SudanChange
Price:$110.00 - $600.00

on January 24, 2012
Sizing: Normally I'm a size 9.5 in a sneaker. Even though most felt this boot fits true to size, my personal experience was to go up half a size due to the fact that I have a medium width foot, as well as to accommodate socks, & I'm glad I did. In my case, I can see that if I would've went with my true size, they most certainly would've been a little too narrow in the sides for me. Not foot-crushing, but not exactly comfortable either. Chose your size based on how you like your sneakers to fit. If you're going to be wearing dress socks, go with your normal size or half a size up if you prefer a little room. If using thicker socks, you might be better off going up a full size. This all depends upon your foot anatomy & comfort preference.

Fit: They fit perfectly, just like a sneaker. Especially like how they still allow me to be nimble in the snow without sacrificing normal maneuvering. I have just enough room in the toe box as well as the sides to move comfortably without any pinching or rubbing but also allow myself some extra wiggle room if needed. Even after wearing them around for a full day, they were still comfortable with enough support for my medium arches. Were a little stiff when I first tried them on due to the leather & canvas needing to be broken in but fit was still correct. Had no problem slipping in or out of these boots even with my muscular calves, but did find that I had to wear skinny jeans or leggings with them because my normal flair legged jeans bulged awkwardly & just looked ridiculous regardless how I tried to tuck them into the boot. If you're skinny, you probably won't have this problem.

Lining & Waterproofing: They are lined from the top of the shaft all the way down to the toe bed with soft sherpa & Thinsulate & are rated for temperatures between 10 - 40 degrees (temp info courtesy of another online retailer) - so if you need boots for more extreme conditions, these are not for you (Sorel Joan of Arctic or Snowlion are for those who need a more hardcore winter boot. I also own the Snowlions but they are a bit much for a couple inches of snow). I wear my Tofinos with lightweight merino wool socks that keep my feet warm without added bulk & my toes stayed nice & comfy. Tried wearing them without socks for a quick jaunt with my dog while the temperature was around mid 20's & was still pleasantly comfortable. The entire boot, foot to shaft, is waterproof. The tongue is stitched into the shaft halfway up (about 8 inches up), acting like a gaiter, to prevent any snow/water from entering.

Traction: I'm a very physical person who mostly walks or bikes everyday so I'm inured to trekking through various terrain/weather conditions. Didn't have any problems going up snowy inclines or through snow drifts with them. Found them to have excellent traction in slushy, snowy conditions & didn't have any issues navigating over ice.

Durability: Only had these since December but haven't noticed any cracks, split seams, etc in them yet. I only use these boots for what they were created for, walking in snow/slush/cold weather, so I can't attest to their durability else wise (sorry). They're too warm to wear for temps over 40 degrees so these are definitely winter only boots.

Style: I have a color not listed here (Bracken/Estate Blue) that I purchased from another retailer. They're much prettier in person than online. As with all of the colors listed, these are definitely eye catching & sure to get numerous compliments. The styling & brass accents give these boots a really classy look that goes well with almost any outfit.
on November 21, 2011
I was so excited to get these boots but was very disappointed when I got them. Although they are super cute they are not made for the kind of snow and cold weather that I need them for. They are only mildly insulated with microfiber lining or something and not padded in the foot at all. I disagree with the sizing too. In a real snow boot I wear size 7 so I ordered a size 7.5 in these and they were still too small even though the sizing chart told me to order a 7. It was a lot of trouble for nothing. I ended up ordering the sorel carabou boot and that's a real snow boot although it doesn't make a fashion statement they are very warm and fit well with good tread. These tofinos don't have much tread.
on January 11, 2013
Anticipating a few months stay in Pennsylvania (from LA!) warranted serious searching for serious boots. Los Angelino girls wear Uggs almost everywhere. But California winters do not include snow, or actual cold, so the search began for a warm, waterproof boot that wasn't going to cost me over $200.

After reading TONS of descriptions, reviews & scouting my local DSW store and the mall, I decided on Sorel as a brand. I liked their reputation for quality, and the good reviews for warmth and well-made construction. I figured the Caribou would be too warm for non-sub zero temps, so finally bit the bullet and ordered the Tofino. I AM THRILLED with these boots! Here's why:

They are COMFORTABLE! To me, it doesn't matter how good looking or warm a boot is, if it makes your feet hurt. I already have 5 inch stilettos I can wear when I want to throw foot, knee and back comfort on the almighty altar of pure, unadulterated vanity for a few hours. But my winter boots needed to be able to take me tromping all day through airports, dog walks and Costco trips without making me wish I hadn't. Day after they arrived, (so, no time to break in!) I wore them thru LAX, Boston & BWI airports, and they were still perfectly comfortable 16 hours later when I finally arrived in PA. YAY!!!

They are WARM! Unless you live in Alaska, North Dakota or some equally, seriously frigid land, these boots will be PLENTY warm enough! I wore them the day after my flights to walk the dog, and run errands, and my feet were toasty all day in only very thin socks. Almost too warm inside the stores, but as I hate to be cold, I'm not complaining! One of the girls at the makeup counter commented on how cute they were, which, though not terribly important, is nice to hear!

As to the nuts and bolts: I have a wide toe-box but very narrow heel. So, I am a solid 8.5 (US) in any thing with an open toe. Narrow pumps or tennis shoes I often go up to a 9. I ordered these in a 9, and it was the right choice. An 8.5 would have been too tight. I did try them with fluffy socks, and they fit ok, but honestly, these boots are so warm, I don't envision needing a thick sock unless I'm planning to be outside all day or something.

As to the padding, contrary to what one other reviewer wrote, they ARE padded in the foot bed! No, it's not cushy, furry fluff, which is exactly what you DON'T want in the bottom of your shoe! But if you push your finger down into the inside, the padding is thick, strong and resilient, which I'd assume will mean it will spring back and not get all squished down for many years to come.

Color: The color description is Black/Oyster Gray. I don't know what they're calling oyster gray, but I couldn't find any gray on the boot at all. It is black. The fur is tan with a few black fibers shot thru it, and the hardware is brass. But the leather and the quilted fabric shaft are definitely all black. And it is beautiful!

Stylish, s***kicker, winter boots that make your feet happy. Thank you Sorel! I expect to be a lifelong customer!
on November 29, 2013
I live in the inland Northwest and we get a good amount of snow every winter. I am a commuter who rides the bus daily and also usually walks a few miles a day. The boots are great, I was comfortable walking in them almost immediately, though they've gotten even more comfortable with additional wear; no trouble breaking them in with all my walking! They're warm and water proof. If you want more room for thick socks, go a half size up, my 8.5 are great for normal socks, but are a bit snug with my really thick wool socks. Honestly unless you have seriously chilly toes you won't even need the thicker socks. I have very poor circulation, evinced by my icicle toes and fingers, and have had trouble in the past with near frostbite in normal winter conditions (i.e. 20-34 degree F). If these boots can keep my toes from losing circulation completely due to cold, I think they will do a good job for most anyone. I want to note that I also looked at the Joan of Arctic boot by Sorel. They are much heavier (I imagine if you're trying to trek through many feet of snow they would be a better bet) and they have a removable lining so you can dry it out etc. I think of the Tofino boots are more of a city/country hybrid; they're light and comfortable but still very practical. I do wish the linings came out. Finally, I loved the color options in the boots; I chose the Admiral Truffle which came true to the image. I love that these boots are cute too!

Edited 2015

I just wanted to put an update out there and say that my boots are still going strong after two winters of constant wear (I don't usually wear anything but boots in the winter). I've found that after about a year of wear they've gotten looser/ more worn in. I now pretty much only wear them with thicker socks, though this really isn't a bad thing, due to poor my circulation yada-yada. They're still waterproof and the sole has very little visible wear. Also, when I go home to Pennsylvania for the holidays I have to hide these so my sister doesn't steal them (she lives in California and doesn't own a single pair of practical shoes).
on November 20, 2014
I read a lot of reviews about a lot of boots and decided on these. I'm glad I did. Many reviews suggested ordering up and sure enough, they fit perfectly. I like them much better than other pairs I tried on. These don't seem as stiff and the lace up is firm but adjustable. The one thing I didn't expect with this color choice is that the material has a shimmer/metallic to it....they're super cute. I definitely recommend these.
review image
on February 25, 2012
Those boots looks awsome, but we ordered a first pair and they became wet inside the first time my wife wore it. We send it back and get another pair. Same problem, water get in easily. So we sent back the second pair too. We end up loosing 65$ with the exchange rate and shipping back two pairs. Bad experience with this transaction.
on February 2, 2012
These boots feel very cheaply made & they do not keep my feet warm at all! They were very pricey for the cheap product that I received!
on September 11, 2013
I thought it would be same as Sorel's Joan of arctic or other heavy winter boots, but unfortunately it is not. If I wear it in winter that we have in Mongolia -40 celsius, i definitely won't see the next spring. But it is nice boots, only not for heavy snowy cold winter.
on January 2, 2013
I needed a good snow boot for the Maine winter, and I have to say that these are not it. Though the canvas part may be waterproof, the foot part is not. My toes are constantly getting wet when i walk in the snow. I love the look put not the functionality.
on August 3, 2015
Unfortunately I couldn't make the claim before by many factors, but I took this pictures. The fabric is broken by the simple use. Those were most expensive boots I've ever bought and expected receive good quality, I'm very disappointed with this brand.
review image review image review image