Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
|Price:||$44.99 + $4.69 shipping|
- A complete 3D fighting game that allows for side steps, Soul Blade has twelve colorful fighters (ten standard, two hidden, plus additional costumes for a few fighters), each with various weapons and styles.
- The first ten can be used in all the combat modes, while the hidden two can only be used in versus and arcade mode.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Dont get stranded in the desert. Please, for your sake, fulfill your need for for man to man, weapon to weapon combat. All you need to do is open the right bottle and experience what Soulblade has to offer!!!
An added plus for younger people is that no blood or gore is in this game. So if you are a concerned parent, that prohibits such things from your youngster, this game offers a fighting genre without blood, guts and gore or death (says "Knockout" when you are beaten or win).
Bottem line, this game is a classic and warrents a place on any gamer's shelf that enjoys a good fighting game.
From the opening sequence to the finale, I was hooked. The graphics are amazing. The characters are very well rendered and rather well balanced. You have your constent movement, fast players as well as the guard forever and kill in one blow slow guy along with many consistent characters. My favorite character is Taki, but that's probably because she reminds me of Chung Li.
Game control is excellent. Combos rely less on stick movement than on button combinations, which makes it much easier for beginners to pick up. Throws are actually a challenge to execute, but are worth the work. The backgrounds are truly amazing and the soundtrack is something else. The tracks are very deep with what seems like full orchestration.
Of course the greatest fun is playing against other people, but the single player formats available are quite good. The Edge Master mode is somewhat RPG-like in nature and is a nice addition. My favorite mode is the team battle where your 5 take on the opponents 5.
For the price, you absolutely cannot beat this title. The gameplay is great and the controls are rather intuitive. Give the bonus of amazing graphics and sound, if you like fighting games, you'll love this one.
Set back in history 10 fighters from around the world, for their own various reasons, set out to find the mythical blade "Soul Edge" which is rumored to have great powers.
THE GAME MODES:
Not lacking in game modes Soul Blade offers the following:
1. Arcade Mode: The arcade translation mode where the player progresses through 10 rounds of battle
2. Vs. Battle: Standard "you vs. a buddy" mode
3. Team Battle Mode: You can form you own team of Soul Edge fighters to take on a team of other Soul Edge fighters.
4. Survival Mode: It's your fighter against each successive opponent to the bitter end.
5. Time Attack Mode: See how fast you can beat the game.
6. Edge Master Mode: A really cool feature where you enter a "Story Mode" progressing across the map of the world beating the other characters in the game and earning new weapons. The catch, in each round you must master a new battle technique to overcome your opponent. A true challenge for true "Edge Masters!!"
Here are the 10 Edge Warriors to choose and master in the game:
1. Heishiro Mitsurugi: Great samurai warrior!!!
2. Seung Mina: Long blade/Tae Kwon Do warrioress!!!
3. Li Long: Nunchuk-welding Chinese warrior!!!
4. Taki: Deadly yet sexy ninja warrioress!!!
5. Voldo: Freakish Italian Edward Scissorhand-like warrior.
6.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My youngest son had been looking for this game and bugging me for years for it lol even asking Santa for it. well...Santa delivers late sometimes LOL. very good quality.Published 5 months ago by Jessi Ramossi
The beginning of the told and retold history but love the series!Published 8 months ago by Vicente W.
A decent game. It was interesting to see where the SC series got it start from, but in the end you're better off playing SC2-5 depending on what you're main focus on the game is. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Abraham Sanchez
The best intro in any genre I EVER SEEN. Besides that,I don't like Tekken,but love this series by Namco. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Yaunnis G.