Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 30, 2012
I just finished reading Soul-Centered book by Sarah McLean. It is a great book, and 100% worth of your investment (energy + time + money). If you are considering to practice or learn meditation, and sharpen your self-awareness this is the book for you. Also, it is a wonderful gift for those you care about it. In case you are a Health Care Practitioner (traditional or alternative), you have a jewel (box of tools) to refer to your clients to support their well-being.

Sarah writing style is easy and graceful. Her down to earth approach will appeal for adults of all ages and teens. This book was organized in a way that you can practice/learn different meditations and awareness exercises in a period of 8 weeks. It covers all the most important and simple practices available. The short periods of practices will easily fit in your daily schedules.

Meditation is part of my daily living. Thus, I can testify that the techniques included in this book are effective, and will change your life if you use them regularly. Such techniques will assist you to get to know who you really are. It will enhance the communication between your body-mind-spirit system. Consequently your mental, physical and emotional health will improve to an optimum state, and your intuition will be sharper than ever.

Sarah McLean called being "soul-centered" the state of placing your "soul as reference point by which you navigate life". "It's an inner com¬pass that transforms the way you see yourself and the way you respond to the world". "You learn that thoughts and emotions are not "who you are"; they are not your inner essence. Once you realize this, you are less controlled by stimuli or sensations". "You cultivate a responsive rather than reactive relationship with your thoughts, feelings, and sensations. You can thoughtfully choose what to do, say, or think next. You notice what feels right because you're paying attention, and this makes it easier to take action and make more nourishing choices".

Beyond of all the goodies that such practices will bring to you + your life, you will become a more compassionate human being towards self and others. You will have the opportunity to bring (bridge) Heaven into Earth, which will transform yourself and your environment.

Sarah McLean's book has a lot to offer you if you embrace the journey.
Blessings to you, and thanks for reading my review.
on April 11, 2012
Wow! This book was helpful and effective in walking me through the meditation process.

As a new 'meditator' I've been looking for a method that resonates and works. This book broke down the process into steps that are easy to follow, while keeping the learning fun!

I admit to reading other books and I've even attended classes - the writers/leaders always seemed to complicate the process and keep me in my head. This author demystified meditation and successfully guided me toward my goal.

Again, I'm a new 'meditator', but I already find the benefit. There's a calm and clearness on the days I meditate - thank you thank you thank you Soul-Centered!!! I highly recommend this book.
on August 15, 2012
I have tried to meditate off and on but I have always become frustrated and quit. This book was what I have been looking for. The author has so much to teach. Probably her most important lesson is to see meditation as practice looking at your own thoughts and emotions. As such, distraction is not failure. Instead, I now see that noticing distraction is really a central part of meditation. Sitting is really justpracticing habits that I can draw on throughout the day. I am no longer focused upon having an "experience" while meditating. The pressure is off. This is just one example of why reading this book is absolutely worth your time.
VINE VOICEon June 16, 2013
I borrowed this book first from my local library, and ended up buying a copy to have for myself. It's like a retreat for the spirit. I will enjoy reading this again from time-to-time. I have found it's hard to "stay awake" unless I work on it daily, and with this book, it is another great support tool to stay conscious throughout the mundane bits of life. I didn't think I would like this book as much as I do. I am pleasantly surprised.
on March 20, 2013
I thought I knew what meditation was, how hard it was...this book shattered all of those thoughts and has opened many new doors. Sarah McLean has been an amazing teacher and story teller. She makes you feel at ease with yourself and with meditation. Sarah gives new meaning to teaching. I thought I knew that meditation wasn't for me but I took the 8 week challenge with some friends and my eyes were opened. I have now been meditating regularly for almost 9 weeks. It has become a wonderful part of my life. Thank You Sarah, for writing this book and giving feedback when needed. I look forward to another 8 weeks of doing it all again in May. I can't wait for the new book!
on November 30, 2015
I am not even done reading yet and I love it........ I am part way through chapter 6 I believe, and this book, and meditation in general, is seriously changing my life for the MUCH much better. My meditation instructor Martha, studied with Sarah McLean at her institute in Sedona, AZ. And she is just wonderful. So much so that I am considering becoming an instructor myself.

I am so glad I found this book and meditation. It's helping me in my career, stress management, home life, and social life. I bought it on paper and kindle just in case I need to randomly look something up and I don't have my book on me (which is why I logged in today actually, to reread a specific paragraph hehe).

Anyway, highly recommend this book and Sarah McLean!
on August 11, 2015
A step-by-step beginner's meditation program conveniently organized by week, this is a insightful guide for those interested in finding out more about meditation. McLean shares a number of different meditation exercises that will expand and deepen the practice of both the beginner and regular meditator. Finding out more about her story and learning from the stories she tells about fellow meditators is a nice bonus!
on January 21, 2013
If you are looking for guidance with meditation, Sarah McLean's book is a great place to start. Her writing is simple, straight forward and her gentle recommendations for meditation are very easy to follow. Just reading the book made me a little calmer. Knowing that there is no "right way" to meditate and allowing yourself to experience the present is encouraging. I am just now beginning my practice, but I see results already.
on July 11, 2014
An excellent book providing a guideline for developing meditation as part of a person's routine. The text reads easily and the suggested exercises for expanding awareness are not demanding. No pressure is given for an intense practice, rather encourages developing a sense of flow in one's activities, including changes for improved heath if required. Review of the author's personal experiences bring the reader along to relating the ideas described to the reader's life of utilizing the allowance for contemplative exercises to keep a person centered and calm with self-communication in living.
on February 20, 2015
This is a very easy reading and motivating book. I found it very interesting without being too wired for only super meditators. Sarah McLean has the experience to be able to make her insights credible and her suggestions for meditating very sound. I recommended it to my son.
Thanks Sarah!