Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event STEM Toys & Games

on September 26, 2011
Werewolves, ghosts, and missing souls--great stuff! I couldn't stop reading this book and gobbled it up within a day. I loved the heroine's feisty attitude, the rugged hero's internal struggles, and the paranormal tie-ins. The missing child mystery tugged me along, my hope and fear keeping me turning pages. The romance was intense, entertaining, and hot. I really enjoyed being swept away on a journey of self-discovery and had several laughs along the way.

From the start, Soul Search grips you and won't let go. Two endangered souls forced to join together in the search for a missing child--a journey filled conflict and complications. Sizzling romance, heart-pounding suspense, and a touch of mystery make for an exciting, riveting read. Amber Scott has me hooked! I can't wait for the next one.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Soul search will leave you searching for an answer any clue as to who , what where and why - one of those stories, where nothing is as it seems and far from predictable - a unique storyline, that will have you wandering in which direction Grants wolf side will go and as to whom is the one stealing the souls of the children. This alone will have you gob smacked !!!

A storyline, thats new and refreshing, twists and turns you wont see coming, and characters Im sure you will swoon after ** ALPHA MALE **) and secondary charcters that build as the storyline progresses.

Amber has entwined the world of the paranormal, with elements that all blend well, scripting a story that will not only have you eagerly anticipating an ending but also intrigued as to where the storyline is headed. UNPREDICTABLE by any means.

Storyline will certainly keep your interest piqued right till the very end. Depending upon what type of reader you are you may even need the box of tissues handy !! Be warned :'(

Scorching electricity between the two main characters, ** waggles eyebrows** that hotty would certainly make any girl howl ** inserts wolf howllllll here ** .Sexy scenes that will leave you breathless, and frantically reading.. ** blushes ** .. lol..

I really enjoyed the way in which Amber portrays her descriptions, I think I fell in love the moment that door was opened and that half naked man stood in front of me .. lol..

If your after something different with elements of ghosts, spirituslism, romance, action, and even smexy scenes that this read is for you !!!

The cover is certainly perfect !! Suits the storyline down to a tee !!! ** hot **
on September 20, 2011
I AM IN LOVE with Grant!!!! I could not put this book down, and am really impressed with the interwoven plot line. I don't want to give any spoilers away but the ending made my head spin!!! This is my first experience with a book set in the 1930's and I am really fascinated with spiritualism now!! I hope Ms. Scott will make this a series because I saw great potential for it with the ending! Well done!!
on May 31, 2012
I read a lot of romance, urban fantasy & paranormal romance. I would consider this somewhat of a paranormal romance book. I read the book without reading any reviews or the synopsis of the book. I struggled to figure out what was going on. The synopsis the author posted on Amazon mentions the stealing of children's souls. The book alludes to soul thieves (around location 630 out of 4026 locations) but doesn't get into the stealing of children's souls until past the half-way mark (around 2700-2800 location). I was reading the book and initially thought that Grant was a werewolf - however, by chapter 3, we know that he has a "wolf's soul" tied to his own. Turns out that Grant was beaten up a few years ago and his nephew, Tristan, was abducted. Since that time, Tristan's mom (and Grant's sister) Beatrice has been working with her private detective, Nick, to try to find Tristan. She has sought psychics and spiritualists to try to locate him. Bea has found Leigh who can talk with spirits (via her "spirit guide" Jacob). The book focuses on how the four of them try to locate Tristan.

The book was confusing and I had to work very hard to figure out what was going on. Additionally, the book supposedly takes place in 1930 -- however, there are so many details from that time that are wrong that I don't know why the author chose to place the book in a historical context (as examples, a married woman like Bea would not be travelling around Europe with her private investigator; speech patterns and phrases used were current ones; they casually mention $25,000 which would be over $250,000 in today's money - and this was during the depression!).

There were also a lot of confusing plot holes and open mysteries. As examples: Evidently the family had a lot of money (Bea had been travelling around Europe as had Grant); who was managing things while they were away? How did they still have so much money after the stock market crash in 1929? Grant had an apartment in France (in 1930!) but couldn't speak any French - really? Why does Jacob disappear from Leigh and attach himself to Grant? I could go on with the plot holes and open mysteries, but you get the gist.

The romance part was okay -- nothing special but not bad. The ending was also very confusing as a person everyone didn't like then turned nice and someone everyone liked turned out bad. No resolution on how the souls were being stolen. The book didn't have a lot of glaring grammar or wording issues. All in all, it was okay (which is what 3 stars means according to Amazon), but nothing special. And, if you do choose to read it, read a lot of reviews beforehand so you aren't so lost when starting the book.
on December 26, 2011
Amber Scott is breath of refreshing air in the world of paranormal romances. Her newest book Soul Search delivers a wonderfully inventive storyline and a most unusual romance.

From the first pages Soul Search held my rapt attention. I was fascinated by characters and a story that kept me guessing until the very last pages.

Grant Connel has a secret he's having trouble keeping. He's a werewolf, but unlike the old wives' tales would have us believe werewolves don't just change at the full moon. Something much darker and more sinister drives the wolf within Grant Connel and he's not sure who is in control anymore, him, or the wolf.

Leigh Hamilton is a psychic but even her gift didn't prepare her for all Grant is. In fact, it's not until she catches him in the act that even knows what Grant is. Fate has brought them together, but will it also tear them apart before they even have a chance to discover the true depth of their attraction for one another?

Grant's sister Beatrice has hired Leigh to help her locate her son, Tristan, who has been missing for years. Grant doesn't believe in psychics and swears he won't put up with another one, but what Leigh offers Grant and his sister by way of evidence when they first meet has him wondering if Leigh just might be the real thing. Still, concrete proof is what he wants and Leigh says she can't give him that until they've returned to the scene of the crime.

The scene of the crime, where Grant was nearly beaten to death and where his young nephew was stolen him. The scene where the wolf made its first appearance, a place Grant would really prefer not to return to, but the guilt he's been carrying for years won't let him escape and so Grant, Beatrice and Leigh set off for the States and a high stakes game that will leave you longing for more.

And longing for me is how it left me. While the story in Soul Search is complete in and of itself, I couldn't help but want more adventures with Leigh and Grant, both as psychic and werewolf, and as man and woman.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Amber Scott does it again, she has created a new world full of magic and supernatural occurrences. In Soul Search, Grant and his sister Beatrice are searching for Beatrice's missing son. The night the boy was kidnapped, Grant was turned into a werewolf, and he has not grown accustomed to the wolf inside of him. When the wolf takes over, Grant blacks out and has no recollection of what happened. Leigh is semi-familiar with the supernatural, she has a ghost friend, Jacob, who helps her channel the "other-side." Beatrice enlists Leigh's help in finding her son, and Leigh in need of safe passage home agrees. What none of them realize is the soul stealing nature of the boy's disappearance and the mysterious purpose the wolf in Grant has to free those captured souls. As the group travel together, Leigh and Grant begin a new relationship, their supernatural and physical attraction grows, and they must work together to find and free the souls before it's too late.
I really enjoyed Soul Search, the concepts and the mythology is definitely new, very unique, and quite interesting. The story line slowly unfolds, and I have to admit that it took me awhile to understand the paranormal elements here (in fact, I think I am still a bit confused on some things). The reader learns about the souls and the ghosts at the same time as the characters, so I felt the emotions right along with the characters in the story. There is a lot of layers to this story, with relationships, who means what to who, who is good, who is evil, things are not always as they seem.
Werewolves have a whole new purpose in Soul Search, there is not really a pack in the human world. There is really just Grant, and his wolf has the ability to find and free captured souls of children. Humans have found a way to steal the souls and give themselves longer life, and refreshed youth. This concept is so new, and it takes the entire book to figure all of this out, so I was frustrated at times by my lack of understanding. However, I truly appreciate the uniqueness of this book, and I love that the wolf side of the character has such a powerful purpose.
Aside from my moments of confusion as to the paranormal in Soul Search, I really enjoyed reading this book. As I read more and understood more about the world and the characters, I was drawn into the story and I was excited to see how everything would unfold. I can say that the end was not what I expected, and yet everything worked.

Amber Scott is a creative and brilliant author and the worlds she creates never cease to entice me and keep me coming back for more.

Readers who love paranormal romance books, and books about werewolves, I highly recommend reading Soul Search, you will enjoy this unique and fascinating novel.

I received this book for review at [...]
My Review:
This book was completely original both in the story and the timeline. The book takes place during the 1930's, but it doesn't read like a historical book...at all! Having the book set during that time period actually creates some really fabulous settings with a boat and train (private cars) for travel modes.

The book starts off with an incredible bang when the hero, Grant, wakes up disoriented and naked in an alleyway in Paris, France looking eye to eye with a miniature white poodle.

Leigh is the heroine and she has her own issues...namely her own personal ghost, Jacob, and the fact that she was lured to France under false pretenses and now has no way to make it home.

Beatrice & Grant are brother and sister who are trying to find Bea's son and Grant's nephew, Tristan, who disappeared without a trace 3 years ago. Because Leigh is a psychic with a connection to the spiritual world through Jacob, she and Bea hook up. Grant is less than convinced about Leigh's claims.

This book was a really interesting read. There are a lot of different paranormal layers...Grant's inner wolf, Leigh's ghost, and Tristan's disappearance and it isn't clear until the very end how it all ties together. I saw the ultimate twist coming only about 3 pages before it happened, but otherwise it was all completely shocking and a surprise. The action stays high throughout the entire book which makes it really fun to read. From the time I started it, I never put it down.

Like I said, it was just really creative and I love that about it. I loved both Grant and Leigh's characters. They both have things that they have learned to hide, and it isn't until they start getting honest with each other that all the pieces of the puzzle start to come together. I do NOT read historical books, but the history aspect of this story didn't really affect the story at all except for providing some amazing settings for travel.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It was completely different from what I normally read. It was interesting, entertaining, suspenseful, and romantic. I found myself completely caught up in the story trying to figure out where it was going next. Really fabulous!
VINE VOICEon November 29, 2011
Amber Scott excels at creating flawed characters and then surrounding them with emotional landmines. Grant carries a burden of guilt that he feels powerless to escape; his life was torn asunder three years ago when his young nephew was abducted while he was almost beaten to death, helpless to protect the boy. On that night, Grant was given a dual spirit; bequeathed by an unlikely benefactress to help him search for and rescue his nephew. His efforts thus far have been fruitless.

When Grant's sister, Beatrice, hires yet another psychic, he is skeptical to say the least. Soon, however, he realizes that Leigh is the real McCoy. She also confuses him because she awakens something in him that has been buried deep inside.

Broke and alone, Leigh is homesick. After having used most of her savings to reach him, Leigh has just been unceremoniously dumped by the man whom she thought would become her husband. Leigh is not looking for any emotional entanglements after that embarrassing fiasco. Helping Beatrice find her son, Tristan, gives Leigh exactly the opportunity she needs to return home. Regardless, Leigh feels drawn to Bea's enigmatic and volatile brother even as he tries to shield her from the darkness that is his nature.

Amber Scott capably gives voice to her characters with tersely written short sentences and phrases deliberately intended to convey the essence of what each character is feeling, thinking about, or reacting to. While normally I prefer reading books that are written using a more flowing sentence structure, in this case, the shorter, sometimes choppy flow, works well. The story moves along quickly as the tension escalates. The dynamics between the characters is particularly engaging, though I do feel like Shelton could have benefitted from some additional fleshing out. I enjoyed reading this book and stayed awake until the wee hours of the morning so I could find out how it would all end. The ending was satisfying while leaving just enough room to set up for the next installment in this uniquely conceptualized series.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is the second book I have read by Amber Scott. What I loved about this one was the fact that I never really knew what was coming next (well except for the falling in live part lol). It is far from your typical wolf story.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I liked Fierce Dawn (ParaRealm), but with this one, I think the author has really pulled out all the stops. In Soul Search, Grant was left for dead while his nephew was either taken or killed. No one knows for sure and his sister, Beatrice, has not given up hope of finding her son even after three years. In desperation, his sister turns to mediums, in particular Leigh, which takes them on a journey through this life and the after-life in search of his nephew.