5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity teeter/tottering on brilliant
Published on May 18, 2000 by shadeofboo

3.0 out of 5 stars Authentic Empowerment.....
Gary Zukav has found a better medium for explaining his beliefs. Stories have been the best way to explain every idea since the beginning of time.

Published on September 17, 2000 by Rebecca of Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity teeter/tottering on brilliant, May 18, 2000
This review is from: Soul Stories (Hardcover)
I think everyone entered this new millennium seeking truthful answers to difficult, internal questions. The stories in Gary Zukav's book "Soul Stories" are at the heart of simplicity. Life problems/situations can seem monumental and so very complicated that one would think that the answer or solution would have to be equally complicated... Gary's message, or answer in his book, is to connect to your intuitive feelings/emotions not your intellect. If you are looking for a book that contains precise answers, strategies or a quick fix, you will be disappointed. The book metaphorically reminds you what it feels like to walk through warm, green grass or on a new plush carpet barefooted.... or to go back to sleep in the morning after a warm shower. The stories seem so simplistic that, at times, the book is more of a meditative aide than informative. The message: practice kindness, what you express will be experienced, seek harmony, trust and love... reading his book, one gets the feeling of sitting down with a childhood, best friend that you haven't seen since high school. Brilliant, in that it restrains the thinking brain while you explore your soul.

3.0 out of 5 stars Authentic Empowerment....., September 17, 2000
This review is from: Soul Stories (Hardcover)

I have also reviewed Gary Zukav's The Seat of the Soul in detail and reading that review may be helpful in understanding the premise behind Soul Stories. In The Seat of the Soul he explains his basic beliefs and goes into detail about authentic empowerment and how to reach beyond our five senses to become a multisensory person. Throughout Soul Stories, he also promotes the belief that the Universe is alive. To me, this is the presence of God in our lives.

Gary discusses intuition, forms of reasoning, the earth school, emotional awareness, responsible choice, harmony, cooperation, sharing, reverence for life, forgiveness, love, trust, marriage, children, kindness and inner richness. It is not surprising that he also includes some health advice, our souls do live in our bodies, so why not create a perfect environment for the soul? We are individual souls sent to earth to fulfill a task or to learn a lesson, which will benefit us in the next life.

Yes, I agree that you make your own future through making daily choices and when you have an "intention" you can create a good or bad experience. This book is a blending of Eastern religions with a generous helping of real experiences and a pinch of Christianity. I recommend that if you purchase this book and take this soul journey that you turn on your intuition, logic and perception. Be aware that although there are many truths in many religions, the ultimate truth comes from God. To know truth you must first know God.

Gary has done an excellent job in raising awareness of the need to nurture our souls, however he has combined many religions into one book. It is up to us to find our own way on this journey. God created our souls; and therefore he can lead us on the path to Truth. If you are searching to find out what Gary Zukav believes, then this book is very enlightening in that regard.

I think his best idea is to view life as a school and that we are here to learn. I also appreciate his encouragement to make the best decision in each moment of our lives. He has changed my life in that regard! I hope you will continue to find truth and meaning in your own life.

~The Rebecca Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Books Can Be Catalysts, January 1, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Soul Stories (Hardcover)
It's that time of the year when I tend to look at the last year and think about what I'd like in the New Year. I picked up a copy of Gary Zukav's "SOUL STORIES" and I'm well on my way. It's a light collection of stories and thoughts about living your life from your heart. Zukav talks about the "Old Male" (old-fashioned and traditional) and the "New Male" (uses his intuition and recognizes a new order to things) -- I saw pieces of myself in both of these! I particularly enjoyed the chapter in which Zukav meets Oprah Winfrey -- it's a beautiful demonstration of how easily cooperation happens and how you never know all the ways in which your dreams and goals will be expressed.
In my wanderings through book reviews, I came upon another excellent book that supports people in living from their truth -- "WORKING ON YOURSELF DOESN'T WORK" by best-selling authors Ariel and Shya Kane. A real catalyst to help light your fire. If you're looking to use the New Year as an opportunity to step more fully into your life, I highly recommend Zukav's and the Kanes' book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Discovering the Soul, June 8, 2000
This review is from: Soul Stories (Hardcover)
One cannot discuss either of these two magnificent books of Gary Zukav - Soul Stories and The Seat of the Soul without another. They are two different powerful information sources but they actually represent one profound insight first given to the readers as a philosophical outlook in The Seat of the Soul and then explained and enriched by beautiful examples as a sincere spiritual monolog in Soul Stories.
What's striking is that the author of these delightful books full of love, spiritual light and true humanism, once served as a US Army Special Forces (Green Beret) officer during Vietnam War. Indeed one cannot fight evil with evil, because there is no sense in fighting darkness with darkness. Only love, only light can defeat darkness.
Read these two life-changing books at the same time. What might seem unclear in The Seat of the Soul will be most probably beautifully explained in Soul Stories. But do not just read them, savor each single page, make your own conclusions, recall your own "spiritual stories" and you will never forget these books. Good Luck on your journey of Discovering the Soul.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Path of the Soul's Progress Towards Its Purpose, June 19, 2000
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Soul Stories (Hardcover)
This book is unusually effective in raising spiritual issues into normal awareness, and does so in a friendly and pleasant way. Each story builds nicely on the preceding one to tickle your memory about experiences that you have had or heard about, and to raise your awareness about the questions these experiences raise. You will undoubtedly gain new insights and new ideas for addressing these issues the next time you run into them. Everything is done very gently, so you can decide for yourself what you want to believe and pay attention to. The book is both extremely deep and considerate at the same time.
The theme of each story is basically built around the concept of uncovering what is in your soul, and then helping your conscious self to come into alignment with your soul. There is a beautiful analogy in one of the last stories in the book about what it is like to go from being in the desert (where life is harsh, dangerous, and full of fear) into the land of milk and honey where everything is rich, comfortable, and relaxed. When we feel like we are in the desert, we are deserting our soul's purpose. When we feel like things are wonderful, we are at one with that purpose.
Professional editors tell writers not create books like this. They say that readers need to have all of the dots connected. Well, although the book is not weighted down with lots of logical support for the theses that are developed here, I found that the stories were beautifully connected together -- far better than if they were all part of one story.
All but a few of the stories resonated with me. I look forward to thinking more about the ones that did not, in order to discern their intended meaning.
One of the best parts of the book dealt with relationships, and the ways that two people can come into and out of harmony with each other at the spiritual level. This gave me a whole new way to think about my relations with others, one that I cherish.
If you love books about spiritual issues, you must read this one. If you are not sure whether you want to read about spiritual issues, you should give this book a try. It will fit comfortably with what you would like to think about. If you think you don't want to explore spiritual issues, perhaps you should give this book a try anyway. It may at least help you better understand people who are interested in developing their spirituality.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my whole outlook on life..., May 29, 2000
This review is from: Soul Stories (Hardcover)
I was at a mall and walked into the bookstore. I saw Gary's book Soul Stories, and something told me to buy it. So I did. (I don't buy books this way, believe me!) I read it in 2 days and then read it again over the next week, and am now on my third reading. This book touched my heart like no other. It's easy to follow and understand. It makes SO much sense! I'm buying it to give as a gift to 2 of my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul Stories, April 27, 2000
This review is from: Soul Stories (Hardcover)
An amazing, easy-to-understand gift to its readers as this follow-up of The Seat of the Soul shares important information about spiritual consciousness while in the Earth school. The messages in Soul Stories are literally the answers to many questions, prayers and thoughts directed to the Universe, as well as our Selves. You will open this book and will not want to put it down. Incredible! Inciteful! A guidebook to use on your journey...Have fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for another great book, Amazon!, June 15, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Soul Stories (Hardcover)
Reading "Soul Stories" is like having a gentle conversation with a warm friend. I came across the title browsing on Amazon and was struck by the enthusiastic reviews. Gary Zukav writes about living from one's intuition as a new possibility as we emerge from a time where humans have lived so much more from their minds. He shares it as a possibility in his simple and honest writing style. I was struck by a passage in which he discusses how to truly live your own life, what he calls "authentic power." He writes: "Creating authentic power is like baking bread. First you have to want to do it. Then you need to follow the recipe....As with bread, it's your own loaf that you are baking. Unlike bread, no one else can bake it for you." That has a strong ring of truth. ....

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad this book was written, July 3, 2000
This review is from: Soul Stories (Hardcover)
I have tried to read "Seat of the Soul" twice over the past five years. Each time, I felt I was unsuccessful in getting the full point of Zukav's message. So, I'm glad that he wrote this "Seat of the Soul for Dummies" like me! Actually the book isn't for dummies...what it does successfully is take the principles of "Seat" and use real-life examples to illustrate them. Now I understand them. And now, I'm looking forward to going back to "Seat of the Soul" and reading it with greater understanding. Thanks Gary!

4.0 out of 5 stars Take what you can use and leave the rest, May 5, 2000
This review is from: Soul Stories (Hardcover)
I very much enjoyed this latest book by Gary Zukav. I believe that it has a lot to offer many people. It is written in very easily understood prose and the chapters are short which is helpful to many. I believe Gary Zukav to be a very sincere man and one who has much to offer our world. Many of the things he has written have changed my life. However; to those people who are critical of the book, I say to you: Take the good from it, reflect on what has meaning to your particular life and leave the rest. There is something there for everyone. If it doesn't change your life, it doesn't make another's experience less valid.I am sure Gary himself would give the same advice. As for the fundamental religious freaks, this book has meaning for you as well. Never once does it say that we should live without God, but it gives us advice on how to live with OURSELVES! Much of what religious doctrine has taught us has not worked for many people and even harmed some. Gary's advice works for all- religious and non-religious.
Because it contains no religious references, it is no less helpful to humankind.

Soul Stories
Soul Stories by Gary Zukav (Paperback - December 26, 2000)
$16.99 $12.39