Customer Discussions > Pokemon SoulSilver Version forum

SoulSilver/HeartGold price difference

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 10, 2010 7:49:24 PM PST
I noticed that HeartGold is a tad bit more expensive, anyone know why?

Posted on Mar 11, 2010 8:04:07 AM PST
EDPS says:
what's the difference between the two games?
don't know which one to get for my kids.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2010 8:26:00 AM PST
Matt H. says:
@EDPS

There's very little difference between the two games. If your kids didn't ask for a specific version or aren't really knowledgeable about the games, you could get them either.

Each game has 11 or 12 Pokemon that the other one doesn't have, so you have to trade between the games to collect all of them.

The pricing difference is just Amazon though. The games are essentially the same and have the same MSRP.

Posted on Mar 11, 2010 9:57:25 PM PST
well i ordered both copies w/the strategy guide(i thought it was a killer deal). I know they're both exactly the same except for certain pokemon only available through trade. I was just wondering why the price difference.

Posted on Mar 17, 2010 10:56:32 AM PDT
X. Sterling says:
Hmmm, well I don't know for certain but it could due to the fact that Soul Silver is the more popular version so selling it cheaper could get better sales? Just a wild guess, but I really have no idea.

Posted on Mar 23, 2010 12:39:44 PM PDT
Magic Pink says:
Yeah, it's due to popularity and supply.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 9:09:55 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
Supply and Demand at its finest. Havent you ever wondered why pokemon games hardly get a price drop even if they've been out a couple years. Diamond and Pearl are still 32.99. just about anywhere. Pokemon is Addictive and a really good series

Posted on May 14, 2012 11:49:19 AM PDT
Pat Kelly says:
At Gamestop, I considered buying a used Soul Silver for 24.99. However, a couple of weeks later I shopped around again and noticed the price is 29.99. My friend who works there says that it's because it's still in high demand and 29.99 is still an acceptable price for potential buyers, just increasing profit while the trade-in value remains the same (whatever it is). One may be more popular than others, not in terms of availability, but in trade-ins and resales. I suggest, either waiting or getting used. Used can be 21-28 dollars online, 30 in store. Soul Silver appears to be on sale, not just cheaper, and would also suggest that if you are looking to buy new. It happens all the time. I bought Mass Effect 1 about 4 years ago for 17.99. These days, it's about 29.99 in store. Online is always cheaper, but calculate shipping and whatnot.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 10, 2010
Latest post:  May 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pokemon SoulSilver Version
Pokemon SoulSilver Version by Nintendo (Nintendo DS)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (510)