Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 12, 2013
My soulshift began about five years ago. I was one of those ousted as not truly "one of His own." It hurt me incredibly to lose the love of many and have very few (if any) friends left. However, my soul could no longer participate in the revels of a church whose first love no longer existed. Then again, maybe that first love was always missing for most.

Up until recently, I hungered for a closeness to God. Though I knew I was tainted with brainwash from the one I was "supposed" to trust... the one who I allowed to busy my soul and forget the One for whom my very deeds were for. I knew I needed rest, though the guilt was still within me for leaving God's "house." I couldn't even pick up my Bible because I was afraid I would continue to entrench myself in legalism, dogmatism, and more. I didn't want that. I wanted to find peace and that closeness I once shared with my loving God. I knew that He would speak to me if I searched for Him like a treasure. Though the only way I knew how was through His word. How would I now search for Him when I am only too paralyzed to pick up my Bible?

Was I growing farther away from Him? Maybe I am the heretic as claimed by others! Or maybe I am being punished for not being in His will? Even with those thoughts that raced through my mind, I had been able to give up some of the prejudices the "church" instilled in me, able to love those I am not supposed to. My mind and heart were so confused. Was I His or not?

When I read Soulshift, I thanked God. I could finally relate to someone. I encourage ALL to read this book. It is an eye and heart opener. Somehow I felt relief and much peace in my soul. An awakening I can't even explain is taking place, and I am ready to embrace every moment. The other reviews here don't even do this book justice, and I am not just saying that for the author as I don't even know him. But I feel like I've known him my whole life when I read his words. The next best book I've read like this is The Shack. Thank you, Stephen.
55 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2014
This book is about a man’s struggle with god and religion, and “… exiting religious slavery”, and embracing grace. The author asserts “I believe grace brings such a soulshift that will awaken that inner abundance and contentment.” And introduces the concept of grace-shock: “It is shocking that a … dedication to God manifests in hatred, even violence and abuse, and all that in the name of that God.”

Brilliant men are quoted:

Men never do evil so completely and so cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. ~ Blaise Pascal

Books and parables are cited. The author asks a lot of rhetorical questions. And exactly what does this mean:
“But it matters, more important, that we manifest the love of God on every dimension. Behavior and belief are not unimportant, but I do say—through word and deed—that our distinguishing characteristic as authentic people of grace, love, and truth; that we are a people who love as he loved—unconditionally. That is what will bring about belief and behavior transformations that would otherwise lead to destructive outcomes.”

If you want to see how the author drives readers in circles, look at the table of contents.

There are many many confusing passages in this book that defy analysis. Read this book if you want to be confused about God, religion, transformational love, and grace to the point where you just want to give up and let someone else give you the answers, just like in the Landmark Forum.
on February 10, 2014
The author may want to practice what he preaches. I was in a very positive mood when I began reading and this book actually lowered my vibrations. There was a lot of negative emotions directed at people the author does not approve of. The author seems to have been a very self-righteous individual when he was a more fundamentalist Christian. Those attitudes have clearly carried over.

Here's a hint: It's not the religion, it's you.

I'm glad this book was free for Kindle or I would have been even more upset. I will still remove it from my device.

I would like to add that I am not a fundamentalist Christian and enjoy reading books from a wide range of faiths, beliefs, and perspective.
on July 17, 2016
For my Kindle
5 Star: I really love this product, it is an exceptional, impressive product. It is very well made (designed, formulated, composed, etc) and lives up to the product details and description. It exceeds normal consumer expectations.

4 Star: I like this product. It meets the product description, details, and normal customer expectations. It does what it is supposed to do.

3 Star: This is not a negative rating. It is a neutral rating. I could take it or leave it. It met the product description and details for the most part but isn't something I am ever likely to order again.

2 Star: I don't like this product. It has mistakes in the product details or description and does not live up to what it advertises or normal customer expectations.

1 Star: I really do not like this product. There may be something wrong in the product details or description, it does not live up to what it is advertised as. I would tell my friends, acquaintances, and strangers that they shouldn't use their hard earned money on this product.
on October 30, 2013
If you have been beaten down by the tenets of your religion, this book is for you. As you read through the pages of Soulshift, you will begin to see that at the center of almost all world religions is grace. Over hundreds of years, so many layers of dogma have been added to Grace, that it has been crushing and unfulfilling to practice them.

Everyone who has struggled with his or her religion trying to find the love of God and failed must read this book. It will not only open your eyes, but also your heart. You will finally understand that God is about peace, joy, and unending love.
on December 17, 2014
Its an o.k book. I see the lessons the author is trying to teach about the kindness of a Buddhist. In Which I consider myself to be a Spiritual Christian with some Buddhists actions or behaviors one might say. I do not believe in bashing Religions for each individual has their own path and relationship with our Divine Creator. So if you are a fundamentalist, this book is not for you. If you are shifting within your very Soul and Spirit and leaning towards understanding all religions with an open heart and not closed, than this is the book for you.
on August 25, 2013
This is what I thought all along, finally someone who believes the same. Everyone should read this book and get back to the basics of grace and God's love without a religion making them feel guilty or unloved by God. A real eye opener. Please read!!!
on December 31, 2013
I loved the first 50% of the book and have recommended it to many people the other half was a little to repetitive for my taste I got to about 80% and just had to stop reading b/c I already got and understood the message. So even if you just read the first half you will get the idea and be inspired :)
on January 20, 2014
I really liked this book and recommended it to my sister and she recommended it to a friend. It's the first book on manifestation that didn't conflict with my spiritual path. I look at manifesting as a creative endeavor that helps reinforce my belief that I am (and everyone is) a divine being.
on June 26, 2013
The title says it all, you will have a soul shift if you do not have one already. I have been a traveller on this journey into Abba's love for about eight years now and Steve has nailed this one right on. Inspiring, insightful and flowing out of a heart overflowing with love. I don't believe that there is a single page that I have not high lighted something,you would think it was a child's colouring book. Great job Steve!