Customer Discussions > Memory Almost Full forum

Sound quality of MAF

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 21, 2011 11:22:32 AM PDT
Let me say first off that I'm not writing about the *musical* quality of MEMORY ALMOST FULL. I think it's pretty good. I'd rate the record as a whole at four stars, not as great as CHAOS or ELECTRIC ARGUMENTS but as good or better than DRIVING RAIN.

That said, sonically, it's a mess. The audio is clipped and distorted to the point where it's painful to listen to, especially on headphones. Why did David Kahne and Paul do this?! Again, neither CHAOS nor EA had sound this horrible.

End the loudness wars!!

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 5:00:04 PM PDT
BarraBoy says:
Well said. This thing is hot and nasty. You can still hear that it was recorded well but there is no headroom left. No wonder fans didn't like it, maybe they just didn't know why. I like this musically but mastered to this louder level (~ +6db) makes this a hard listen. Everything is compressed. There is nowhere to go. It's a sign of the times but who would have thought Paul McCartney, a pioneering champion of digital audio quality, would let this get through. Sometimes it makes me feel so sad....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Memory Almost Full forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jul 21, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Memory Almost Full
Memory Almost Full by Paul McCartney (Audio CD)
3.9 out of 5 stars (433)