Customer Video Review     Length:: 7:15 Mins
Published 12 months ago by JJCEO

Bought two of these, returned them both. Here's why:

The good - the sound quality is excellent. The clarity and depth of the sound are amazing. It gets very loud without any distortion even at maximum volume, which is very surprising for a speaker this size. It paired instantly with both my Note 4 phone and my iPad Mini 2 Retina tablet.

The bad...
Published 1 month ago by Serge Pomorski

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very good portable Bluetooth speaker with very good volume and sound quality!, January 22, 2014
This review is from: SoundBlock Ultra Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker 3.0 with Built in Speakerphone and 10 hour Rechargeable Battery - Black (Electronics)
Length:: 7:15 Mins

This is a very good Bluetooth speaker with great sound and functionality. It uses Bluetooth 3.0. It has a rechargeable lithium battery inside of it. The battery when fully charged can play the speaker for 10 hours of continuous music. If you use the auxiliary cable you can play your music for 12 hours. There is an on/off switch that you can use to turn off the power to conserve the battery power. The internal battery is a 1000 mAh capacity battery. The battery will take about 3 to 4 hours to fully charge with your computer or with an AC wall charger or a car USB charging port. You can see the speaker's battery charge level displayed on my iPhone with the Bluetooth connection. That is nice that you can see the charge on its battery from your smart device. The speaker is stylishly designed with a textured metal speaker grill cover.

The unit paired its Bluetooth receiver with my iPhone 5S instantly and the sound of the music was very good. The trebles were clear and nice and the bass was strong and solid. The speaker also has an auxiliary input port to use with your devices that do not have a Bluetooth feature. The speaker has dual 40 mm drivers that produce good clarity and volume.

What's in the box?
* The speaker which weighs in at 11 3/4 ounces.
* A brief instruction manual.
* A USB to Micro USB charging cable that is 32 inches long.
* An auxiliary cable that is 32 inches long with two 3.5mm audio plugs on it.

The speaker has a built in microphone so you can accept and make hands free phone calls. It worked perfectly in that mode. I show how to pair the Bluetooth in my video and also how to receive a hands free phone call. I go over the controls of the speaker in the video and I think that it is more helpful to watch it on the video so I will not repeat it here. You can also use SIRI through the speaker microphone.

This speaker sounds great and it has a lot of volume for its size. All of its features worked and I rated it as a 5 star product. This is a good speaker to travel with, toss in a backpack or use on your deck or patio, on a picnic or camping. The audio quality is very good and it is fun listening to your movies or songs with a stereo speaker.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars couldn't believe its not a jambox, January 10, 2014
Wow. Wow. Wow.
This product is really amazing. My sister bought it for me as a present and I thought it was a Jambox. Imagine my disappointment when I realized it is not a jambox but a cheaper similar product. That disappointment quickly turned into excitement after setting it up. The sound was crisp and sharp. Setup was a breeze. Volume is loud, very loud. On closer inspection it looks very different than the jambox which I found to be quite nice, and sturdier.

Pros:
Crisp and sharp sound with nice bass.
Clear when its very, very loud
Equally clear at low volume
Bluetooth connectivity.
Great battery life.
It can also be used for receiving phone calls

Cons:
My sister now wants it back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Static/White Noise When Playing, Gets Much Worse When Charging, December 8, 2014
Bought two of these, returned them both. Here's why:

The bad... the static! There's a constant low hiss/white noise when playing sound through the speaker, and it's very audible at night when listening at low volume. But when you plug it into a charger, the static gets so loud it overpowers the audio material being played!

I tried both of my iPad chargers (genuine Apple 10W and 12W units), my Note 4 charger (genuine Samsung), my LG Watch R charger (genuine LG) and a genuine HTC charger from my old phone. As soon as I plugged the speaker into the charger, the static would get unbearably loud and continue until I stopped the music on my iPad or my Note 4 phone. This was happening on both speakers I bought, so I returned both of them.

Another deal breaker... the power-on tone and the volume setting tone plays at maximum volume which can easily wake up someone sleeping in the same room or even startle an awake person... it's LOUD. Even if I set the volume on the speaker itself to minimum, the tones still play at maximum volume, which is mighty annoying.

Finally, one of the two speakers I bought came with a dented corner. The box was factory-sealed, so it looks like someone at the factory dropped it before putting it in the box.

Overall, this would have been a great speaker if the static and the tone volume had been fixed. But as such, it's only suitable for playing music loudly, like at a party, and only when not plugged into a charger. No good for listening at low volumes late at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker, January 11, 2014
Length:: 3:44 Mins

Love IT!

Since I already made a video review let me just comment on some other things that weren't mentioned.

This speaker is loud and nice to carry around anywhere. I have other bluetooth speakers and this is the only one that has buttons to control the volume,music and calls. If your listening to music and someone calls you it will pause and play a default ringtone.Also, if I'm cleaning the house I don't have to carry around the speaker and my phone,just the speaker because it has a microphone! The swirl design on the speaker gives it a fun and stylish look.it Doesn't take too long to charge and it last for hours. great as a gift or for yourself.Thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars This tiny speaker made me say WOW..., February 19, 2014
I am a home speaker and headphone nut having many higher end products as I prefer things with more quality vs quantity sound wise, I had my eye on a few bluetooth speakers in the $200 range but I wasn't sure if I would use it or not honestly, so I saw this on a $29.99 deal with a coupon code and decided at the price I paid to just give it a try.

I am so glad I did, I charged it up fully opened up my ipad synched in seconds and with the unit turned up all the way and the ipad on about 80% the music coming out of this speaker just blew me away especially for the SIZE of it (it's tiny!).

Very happy with this and doubt I will even go to the more expensive ones as most of what I listen to thru the ipad is youtube video music and compressed mp3's this thing sure does sound sweet and I am glad I got it!

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, April 17, 2014
This really exceeded my expectations-- I bought it on sale for less than $30 and it sounds great. Can't believe the volume! The battery appears to be quite good as well. I was expecting a low volume, portable speaker, but this has replaced my larger bluetooth speaker in my apartment as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this soundbox, January 15, 2014
Susan Bahner (Hot Springs, AR) - See all my reviews
Length:: 0:47 Mins

This had mighty power packed in a small package. It easily pairs with all our electronics. I highly recommend this soundbox. The sound is awesome and it is easy to use. I give it 5 stars. Susan Bahner

5.0 out of 5 stars Im sure you can spend 200 or 300 and get a bose or beats speaker that may sound a little better but for the price of this speake, July 8, 2014
I have had the speaker for two weeks so far and it has not let me down. I have taken it everywhere and it comes in very handy. The mic/speaker phone feature works well too. Im sure you can spend 200 or 300 and get a bose or beats speaker that may sound a little better but for the price of this speaker I have not a complaint in the world. In fact my dad and one buddy have already purchased one since seeing and hearing the one that I purchased. I cant give you an exact time on the battery life but I usually have it cranked up and it usually end up just charging the thing back up before it even runs out. I would very much recommend this product to anyone who loves music, hates wires, and doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average speaker, as expected, March 10, 2014
This is on okay speaker for its price range and class. I do not understand what the glowing reviews are about. The speaker has smooth Bluetooth connectivity. Easy to use buttons and controls, charges quickly and looks good. The sound is like most $50 Bluetooth speakers (I got this for $30) , perhaps a bit louder. Bass is thin to absent. Low frequency instruments are sometimes fully suppressed. Probably a good choice as a speakerphone or for casual listening to web media. This speaker is not suited for listening to music.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound quality, December 5, 2014
It paired easily with my devices, but when I raised the volume to listen to the music, there was a clicking sound. I tried adjusting the volume on my phone and computer, in iTunes, and on the speaker to find the right combination that would allow me to listen to music at the right volume, but with no luck. I'm sending it back to get something that actually sounds good.