5.0 out of 5 stars For MUCH better audio quality, use the Toshiba stack drivers
Published 12 months ago by Peace

3.0 out of 5 stars Time consuming
Bought the Dongle without researching it, the driver it comes with is poor. I have a Toshiba laptop & UE bluetooth speaker. I listened to Peace & Adam Sullivan's advice. Downloaded the BT-Stack-64-bit from Toshiba, click on the device & select "Sound Quality: High Quality". The speaker now works intermittently after numerous hours of aggravation.
Published 10 months ago by corinne thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars For MUCH better audio quality, use the Toshiba stack drivers, February 19, 2014
This review is from: SoundBot® SB340 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter Universal Plug and Play Dongle Class 2 Transmitter (Newest Bluetooth Version Available) Ready Adapter w/ 3Mbps Data Transfer Rate and 10 meters Range, Compatible w/ Windows WIN8 WIN7 Vista 2003 XP 2000 Me 32/64 Bit and Wireless USB 2.4GHz (Personal Computers)
Really easy to install, but the included drivers produce the most terrible audio quality! It sounds like you're in an underwater tunnel. I bought this thing to make my wireless headphones work, so I was really hoping for better quality. After a bit of searching around, I discovered an easy solution. I can't post links, but search Google for BT-stack-64bit-toshiba. You'll find Toshiba's aps site, where you can then download the 32 or 64 bit drivers. Once installed, be sure to right-click on the device and select "Sound Quality: High Quality". The audio is INCREDIBLE (especially for Bluetooth!), and you'll be much happier :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works, December 3, 2013
I love things that just work and this little guy just worked right out of the box in Linux Mint 16! Great stuff, good build. I would not hesitate buying this again if I needed another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Try Driver Toshiba Bluetooth Stack for non-Toshiba, October 31, 2013
The Product works GREAT! This is my second one due to me braking it.. The CD Driver that comes with it is a generic Driver, in othere words JUNK!!! Do some research online, I did and what worked for me was Toshiba Bluetooth Stack for non-Toshiba

I have a HP Laptop running win 7 64 bit..

[...]
I use it for my BT ps3 controller on my PC to play games with "DS3 Tool"
Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, December 7, 2013
Plugged it in, installed the software and I was off and running. Connected to my Bluetooth headset and Bluetooth speaker without any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with bluetooth Headsets, January 30, 2014
I used this to listen to my Bluetooth headphones and my laptop doesn't have Bluetooth. The set up was automatic and the pairing was simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, no frills, February 3, 2014
Bought this to connect my PC Audio to a Logitech BT receiver I have hooked up to an A/V system in my office. Setup took literally 30 seconds. Windows 8 automatically installed the drivers and I was ready to pair.

The only gripe I have, and it is a small one, is that there is a blue light that is constantly flashing on the device that I'm guessing is supposed to signify data transmission. It's more annoying than anything.

4.0 out of 5 stars From 1 star to 4, October 30, 2013
*** Update ***
So the first dongle I received was a dud. When I emailed support, they immediately sent me a reply. And I mean in about 3 minutes!

With a few back and forth emails over a couple days, they tried to diagnose and solve the problems with the dongle, but to no avail. Ultimately I sent a screenshot of the error message I was getting and they quickly apologized and without request sent a new one out immediately.

I received it and immediately installed it without a hitch.

All in all I am very happy with the functioning product. If I had not received a bum device, this would have been easily 5 stars.

If I were to rate their customer service they would also get 5 stars. At least you can know that if something does go wrong with the product, you have a company that will make it right.

Notes:

Used for Bluetooth Microsoft mouse and it works great. Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse (H3S-00003)

Both the Bluetooth stack that comes on the included disc and Toshiba stack worked for me

**************

Just bought this and the first thing it says when inserting the usb dongle is 'USB device not recognized'. All three ports I can plug it into say the same thing. Tried installing the software from the cd while the USB was inserted and it still wouldn't work. Now I am removing the software and installing without the USB dongle inserted.

Have emailed customer support from the other reviewers response, we'll see where I get and update the review accordingly.

I am using Windows 7 32bit on a 3 year old Dell Latitude. My goal is to connect a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bluetooth Adaptor, December 3, 2013
The product is as described to the exact detail, i would recommend the seller to other amazon buyers/ users. The product was easy
to install with no complications with my bluetooth products .I was able to connect my earphone and my android phone without any glitch. It takes little time to connect/pair and to start using, it connects automatically the next time your device is turned on.
I would recommend this product to other amazon users/ buyers/ shoppers looking for a bluetooth adapter for their laptop or desktop computer.

4.0 out of 5 stars I listened to some music and thought that is sounded pretty good. The only reason I gave the adapter ..., November 28, 2014
Acer laptop upgraded to Windows8.1. The Bluetooth adapter worked right out of the package and after setting up my headset and laptop into "discovery" mode, the adapter picked up my headset. I listened to some music and thought that is sounded pretty good. The only reason I gave the adapter 4 stars instead of 5 is because it sticks out a lot more than what the picture shows. It is almost 1/2 an inch and catches on everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and Play Works Great!, March 21, 2014
I purchased this so that I can use a DS3 controller with my desktop/laptop computer. It works really well. Drivers loaded fine and I was playing in no time. This came with a driver disk but I never needed it. Best DS3 compatible dongle that I've found for the money. My only complaint is that it has a blue flashing light on the front of it. It flashes even when your computer is shut down and keeps me awake at night. I have to keep unplugging it when I go to bed. Not sure why manufacturers insist on putting flashing lights on everything they build.

Overall a great product.