Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 6, 2007 7:22:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2007 7:52:07 AM PDT
Lawdogg says:
This book isn't even available until November and it sounds like its going to be a winner:

Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 6:00 pm

Pepsi and Sprite
Vacation reading: Rescuing Sprite

As you can tell by the headline, this book is about a rescued dog named Sprite. He came by that name because his housemate in his new home was named Pepsi.

Mark R. Levin, who wrote, "Rescuing Sprite", had never visited a shelter before, and was reluctant to enter one this time to look for a companion for his family dog.

The following excerpt was was what drew me into the story as a dog lover and kept me reading nonstop until the end.

"I eventually, and reluctantly, visited the local shelter with Chase. I had never been to a shelter before. It was upsetting to see all the dogs and cats in small cages waiting for some family to adopt them. I wondered what these poor animals must be thinking. They were in a strange place surrounded by people and animals they didn't know. They must have been scared to death, longing to be home with their families. Most of them were separated from families that they thought had adored them. In any event, they were the only families they'd known from the time they were puppies or kittens."

He goes on to say, "Many of the dogs and cats have been rescued off the streets, where their fate could have been horrific. And the folks who work at these shelters, and watch the animals come and go on a daily basis, are among the finest, most compassionate people in our society. Imagine what they must feel as they deal with the endless cycle of pets. I could never do it. "

The book will be out in print on November 6th. The publisher is Simon and Schuster. If you have ever loved a dog and lost a dog, pick up a copy for a beautiful, heartfelt story about the love of a family for their special dog.

(By the way this review appears in the Sarasota Herald Tribune: http://www.heraldtribune.com/chewonthis)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2007 6:31:55 PM PST
I recently lost my dog in September so I would like to read this book. Sounds like it would mean alot to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2007 8:00:19 PM PST
Alexis Coxon says:
This book sounds so good, but we lost our precious Maltese, Macy, in April, and I am wondering if it's too soon to tackle a book on this topic. I'm debating whether or not I want to risk reopening a wound that's just starting to heal.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007 1:36:39 AM PST
Pamela M-L says:
I heard Mark Levin on the radio, talking about his experience loving and losing Sprite. I lost a much-beloved Pit Bull, Connor, in January, and listening to Mr. Levin touched me deeply. My boy was a pound rescue, and Mr. Levin seems to have been profoundly affected by the plight of shelter animals. I'm interested to read what this intelligent and sensitive man has to say.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007 1:37:22 AM PST
Pamela M-L says:
I'm very sorry for your loss; I share in that pain.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 6, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rescuing Sprite: A Dog Lover's Story of Joy and Anguish
Rescuing Sprite: A Dog Lover's Story of Joy and Anguish by Mark R. Levin (Audio CD)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (573)