5.0 out of 5 stars Love the sounds!
Published on November 17, 2009 by Mom to Alysse and Robin

1.0 out of 5 stars No sound
I bought this one for my friend's three years old son a few weeks ago. I was really disappointed learning that the sound of 2 pages (out of 5 pages) doesn't work.
The little one loves it though, I guess he doesn't mind. But I do. I paid a full price for it!
Published on June 1, 2012 by Tracy

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the sounds!, November 17, 2009
This review is from: Sounds of the Wild: Ocean (Pledger Sounds) (Pop-Up)
I just bought this for my daughter for Christmas. She is 5 and loves ocean animals. She plans to either be an orca trainer or seal rescuer. She had picked out a different ocean creature book at SAMS Club that is intended for adults. I love this one because of the wonderful sounds and pop-ups but also because there are real scientific facts. It isn't just a pop-up book for toddlers but should make an older child happy too. I bought mine at SAMS since I was there but it would have been cheaper on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous book, September 14, 2008
V. Lowery "vlowery" (Jersey City, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sounds of the Wild: Ocean (Pledger Sounds) (Pop-Up)
I just saw this book on a trip to Cape May. It is gorgeous, and the sound sample in each section is wonderful. If you have a child or are an adult who enjoys pop-up books, I think you will like this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, October 13, 2008
Jennifer Hronek (Glendale, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sounds of the Wild: Ocean (Pledger Sounds) (Pop-Up)
The pictures and sound come to life as each page turns. This is a lovely book that makes our son excited to learn more and more about sea life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really great but not for younger kids., July 13, 2011
This review is from: Sounds of the Wild: Ocean (Pledger Sounds) (Pop-Up)
I bought this book to replace a library book that my son ripped. My husband took this book out for my 2.9 year old and my son thought that the birds on the penguin page were supposed to come out and ripped them out. I didn't take a good look at the book before my son started reading it and thought that it was a board book so it was 100% my fault. I think that overall this book is great just not without supervision at my sons age. I even ended up getting the dino book for his birthday next month.
This book has so many facts! It can be read story wise or you can really get into the facts about the different wildlife on the between pages. I can imagine a young reader who is into science really liking this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Oceans Popup, January 25, 2011
Delehy Nine (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sounds of the Wild: Ocean (Pledger Sounds) (Pop-Up)
This is a lovely little book, the colours and movement are quite true to life, not cartoonish. My grandson was captivated by the very well done sound effects, they really make the book. I would have liked to see more pages but those that are there make this a good present for "sea" lovers of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars The whole series is wonderful & very educational & fun!, September 15, 2011
This review is from: Sounds of the Wild: Ocean (Pledger Sounds) (Pop-Up)
We first purchased the ocean book & loved it. We then bought the rest of the books & they are all exceptionally fantastic. Each child has different favorites, but they are all really good quality & very educational.

Our favorites are the ocean, night & safari. If you do have younger one's as others have noted the pop-ups are somewhat easy to pull out so be careful; however, the younger one's really enjoy them as well so I would still share them w/ them. I actually kept the pieces they pull out & you can use them in scrapbooking or arts/crafts. So, while they tear them out of the book at least you can find another use for them.

The sound can vary a bit from book to book in the series & sometimes can be loud. This can be good/bad depending on your child. As an adult it is really neat to turn each page & have the sounds of the animals/mammals/species sound out at you (depends on which book in the series you buy - for example in the ocean book our favorite page with sound are the whales). If the adults find it enjoyable then the children must love it!!!

These books are a very good find - the quality is excellent & there is so much to learn in them & they are fun!

Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Crowd Pleaser, March 3, 2012
Conspicuous Consumer (Georgia Regents University) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sounds of the Wild: Ocean (Pledger Sounds) (Pop-Up)
I bought four of the books in this series and they have become a family affair when reading them. Three of the four grand kids are too young to handle a pop-up book by themselves so an adult is always with them when we read these books. Everyone gets quite so that they can hear the sounds and it always take a couple of adults to name all of the animals.

The illustrations are spectacular (the youngest refuses to touch some of the animals because he thinks they are real). The sounds are realistic and loud enough for all to hear.

Sometimes I have to open a page a couple of times to trigger the audio and sometime the audio doesn't stop until I turn the page but most of the time it all works perfectly.

The Ocean is the two-year-old's favorite because it's the least scary to him and he loves the underwater sounds.

Addendum: We've had these books for over a year now and they are read every of couple of weeks by three children aged 3 and 4. The books are sturdy enough that the kids don't need supervision and all the sounds still work.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice gift for the 4+, January 2, 2011
This review is from: Sounds of the Wild: Ocean (Pledger Sounds) (Pop-Up)
Excellent, high quality item received in time for the holidays (but took >1 wk). First seen at an airport in the Wouthwest, was pleased with the competitive Amazon price.

1.0 out of 5 stars No sound, June 1, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Under the Sea!!!, February 13, 2014
Jade Orchid (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sounds of the Wild: Ocean (Pledger Sounds) (Pop-Up)
Bought this as a Christmas gift for a five year-old boy and his siblings. I would have kept it for myself if I hadn't had the children in mind. I've always loved pop-up books and this one's a beauty. Their mother said they haven't lost their interest in it yet.

Sounds of the Wild: Ocean (Pledger Sounds)
Sounds of the Wild: Ocean (Pledger Sounds) by Maurice Pledger (Pop-Up - April 28, 2008)
$18.95 $16.20
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies