Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Halloween

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 16, 2012 9:37:00 AM PST
T. Borden says:
I don't know the author, but I DID read the recent NY Times magazine article and I WILL be buying this book. Well-written and very, very interesting, partciularly the story about the father and his teenager...

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 5:35:53 PM PST
When will a Kindle version of this book be available?

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 3:07:44 PM PDT
Neil Fiore says:
Hasn't anyone heard of BF Skinner and stimulus- response? This cue-routine-reward idea is not new. We use our higher, human [prefrontal cortex] brain to choose to override our instinctive and learned habits. How do you overcome procrastination and make work rewarding? That's the important question. For answers, see The Now Habit by Dr. Neil Fiore
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Feb 16, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg (Hardcover - February 28, 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars (3,090)