5.0 out of 5 stars Best bargain out there for quality banana plugs
Published 19 months ago by Mtrunz

2.0 out of 5 stars Sidewinders? Really?
Published 14 months ago by Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bargain out there for quality banana plugs, July 18, 2013
Mtrunz (Westen New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soundsoul 24k Gold Connector Banana Plugs, Open Screw Type 24 Pack (12 Red, 12 Black) (Electronics)
I've been in audio/video sales and installation for decades so I've seen hundreds of different connectors in my time so I can tell you that these banana plugs are as good as anything I've used in the past. They were also quite a bargain for such outstanding quality. You can find cheaper on the internet but price most often directly reflects the quality. These plugs were not only reasonably priced, they are high quality. They feel solid in your hand and couldn't be easier to connect.

The dual insertion option is a nice touch as well. Your wires can be inserted either from the back of the plug or from the bottom if you so desire. Many plugs offer either insertion option but not both. Having both is a bonus because your needs may change so you will never have to go out and buy a new set of plugs. The fit once inserted into the back of your component, is snug and will not loosen or pull out unless you physically pull them out. I can say without a doubt that I highly recommend these banana plugs if you want a quality product at a bargain price. I'm using them for my own high end home theater. Buy them. You will not regret your purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hear me, Love me, PLUG me!, March 22, 2013
I have never used banana plugs before, & I am 60+ yrs. old, having stereos for 1/2 century. By articles read over the yrs., I knew this is enhanced contact over bare wire. I just ordered my 1st HD receiver, trying to catch up with the times a little & enjoy HD quality sound since all I have is HD components. Very precisely made with hi quality. SO much easier to plug/unplug than dealing with bare frayed wire tips. So, if your receiver/speakers accept banana plugs, I strongly recommend using them & these are excellent & very good price! You just unscrew bottom of plug, stick your bare wire thru the hole & screw back on, making contact with the gold tip & securing. That easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Banana Plugs!, September 6, 2014
Soehlig (Closer To The Heart) - See all my reviews
So easy to use - just run your stripped, bare speaker wire through the opening on the side and screw it down by turning the base on the banana plug. Doesn't get any easier to add these to a pair of speakers wires. The other benefit I have found is if you switch out speakers frequently and all they have are spring terminals, removing the banana plugs is just as easy as it is to add them back in. I like these a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, January 19, 2014
I just want to add comment on how I used them as most other reviewers have had problems using these. I had the same questions as other reviewers but after reading the reviews I came up with this. First strip about an inch of insulation from the speaker wire. Then push the wire through the bottom sleeve making sure the insulation is aligned with the top of the sleeve. Then fold in half the bare wire back to the top of the sleeve, don't let the bare wire cover the threads. Then screw both parts together. Its a simple solution and works really well. Also I used 14awg wire.

4.0 out of 5 stars Use thicker wire with these, May 23, 2014
I purchased these to use with existing 16AWG wire that I already had. These work fine, but are a little looser than I would like. I would recommend these for a cheap banana plug option, but would recommend using a thicker wire, probably 12AWG or thicker.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sidewinders? Really?, December 26, 2013
I was looking for good quality Banana connectors for redoing my audio system. I NEVER heard of banana plugs that required a side entry of the wire, however it appears that these do. You might think that you have a good solid connection with the wire going into the bottom of the plug but just tug on it a little and see how easily the wire comes out - not acceptable. If anyone reading this has been successful in using them with the wire (12 gage) going in the bottom of the plug, PLEASE let me know how you achieved this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy, lousy, lousy. Don't waste your money., April 8, 2014
I ordered these Soundsoul open screw banana plugs based on the positive reviews here on amazon. I should have paid attention to the negative reviews. These banana plugs are terrible. I've been an audio nut for years and I've used many banana plugs, so I understand how they work. No matter what I tried with these, though, I couldn't get a good connection with the speaker wire (kept coming out of the plug) or the speaker binding posts (the plugs kept falling out). The connections were never secure, but instead either came undone or were so loose as to be unreliable and cause the sound to cut in and out. Very flimsy construction...almost as if some pieces were missing.
Do yourself a favor and don't order these. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I really am disappointed with these plugs. I'm sending them back to amazon tomorrow and getting some from Sewell or Monoprice instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Overly Impressed, March 7, 2014
I am in the process of installing a 7.1 surround sound system and 2nd zone patio speakers. My new house was pre-wired with 16 gauge speaker wire but did not come with a wall plate. I initially planned on buying a wall plate but then decided I would just run the wire through the open gang plate and buy these banana plugs for ease of plugging into my receiver.

Today I attempted to attach these banana plugs to my speaker wire and was pretty disappointed in the results. I wanted to run the wire through the bottom for a cleaner look but could not for the life of me get it to hold strongly. With just a small amount of pressure the wire would pull right out. I even followed these step-by-step directions by the letter but still had no luck. Therefore I decided to succumb to running the wire through the side, which seems to work a bit better though is not as aesthetically pleasing.

I have not finished my speaker installation but after that I'll try them out and see if I'm even going to keep them. At this point I may just buy the wall plate and then buy some cabling that comes with the banana plugs.

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Quality, February 13, 2014
Nice quality banana plugs, affordable price, just the connectors what I was looking for !!!
I would recommend to any one.

5.0 out of 5 stars work and look great, September 8, 2014
Wish I had done this a lot sooner. Much easier connections. Seems to be a quality product, and I've ordered a second set.
Instead of putting the wire through the side of the terminal as shown in the instructions, i loosen the terminal quite a bit extra, then insert the wire up through the end with the tip being slightly bent, then have it hang over the lip. I then tighten the terminal down and the wires are very snug, and much easier to maneuver with the end connection than a side connection.