1,041 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars These are so AWESOME!
Published 12 months ago by William

1.0 out of 5 stars FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING
Published 8 months ago by alluneedisluvluv

5.0 out of 5 stars These are so AWESOME!, September 26, 2013
This review is from: Soundsoul Music Fountain Mini Amplifier Dancing Water Speakers I-station7 Apple Speakers (black) (Personal Computers)
I have been looking for this type of speaker for so long in my local stores but they are always out of stock. Im very skeptical about buying anything online, so i was nervous at first. And after reading some of the other reviews, i wasnt expecting an awesome product. But, i got them in.. and they are so cool! They work perfectly! When i first plugged them in i thought the sound quality was horrible, until i realized the plug wasnt in all the way (oops lol). But they are seriously my favorite speakers. Even all the way up, mine never crackle. One thing i didnt realize is that they come with a usb to plug them into a computer for the power, but i didnt have one available when i first got them. But my phone charger is one with the usb plug in it. So i hooked it up to there and plugged it in the wall and it works that way. Im thinking about buying some more as presents. This was originally supposed to be for my boyfriends birthday, but he broke up with me as they were shipping. So, yay for me! :) i highly recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dancing water, November 8, 2013
LOVED IT, My granddaughter was so excited when the water started to dance to the Music. Kept her entertain for hours

1.0 out of 5 stars FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING, January 15, 2014
They are advertising this as a Soundsoul brand mini amplifier but the item they provide is not a Soundsoul Amplifier. They are charging for a brand name products but instead they are sending cheap knock off products that do not work well at all. The quality of the product they are giving out instead of the product advertised is not worth the money. There is no dancing water with these cheap knock off products unless you have the volume turned up full blast. The picture you see with a logo on the speakers is not what you will receive if you order this product. Save yourself the hassle of having to return the nonfunctional product and purchase them in a physical store so you can verify that you are getting the product you have purchased. If it were possible for me to give negative stars to this product I would.

4.0 out of 5 stars Discrepancy with brand name; reviewing what I got, December 8, 2013
First off - I am reviewing the Atake speakers...not the Soundsoul ones pictured in this listing, because that is what I was sent instead.
This was going to be a problem, but the seller (soundsoul) took care of the customer. I contacted the seller and they explained that soundsoul and atake were the same brand. Not sure how that works but I was taken care of either way, so...
However, I suggest you contact the seller FIRST to ensure you receive the speakers with the soundsoul logo on them. I have no idea if there is a difference in quality or not. I didn't pursue the soundsould speakers afterwards.
But I did test the Atakes out; and I did a comparison of these vs the ones on sale at Spencers.
Let's keep in mind that the Atakes were sold for $30 vs $50 at Spencers.

So the first thing you will notice is that the Spencers ones (appears to be THEIR brand...could be wrong; didn't see any other brand/logo) come with a wall adapter; the Atakes don't.
The thing is that you have to have a USB power source for these speakers - usually from a pc/laptop's usb port to the speaker. If you don't have a laptop (yes, there are some people that don't...like my little cousin who I bought these for) you'll have to figure something out. You could use a cellphone charger, but the port on the speaker is a USB mini b 5-pin type (thanks 'cables to go' for helping me identify)...so depending on what port your cell phone has, you still might be out of luck and end up having to purchase an additional piece of hardware (some kind of adapter or something).
I think this may be the reason the Spencers ones are a bit more expensive. The wall adapter is quite handy and allows you to use the speakers without being handcuffed to a computer.
Past that, there are a few small differences to note.
There is a difference with how the speakers and the music sync. Really, one wasn't better than the other. Just different.
For example, I played (Fallin' Like) Dominoes by Donald Byrd on both. Spencers danced to the snare and the highhat...Atake danced to all four beats. Some people might like one over the other...but honestly, after all the instruments come in and the song takes off, both really lose any kind of synchronization. But its to be expected. I mean, shooting water can't really reflect each nuance. Its not like the technology is there to allow the speakers to differ between a kick drum and a high falsetto chorus.
As far as sound goes, I am surprised at both. They sound kinda like laptop speakers that have Beats audio...but a tad better.
I mean they can't bump like high quality book case speakers, or a Bose sound system. What you're paying for is the light show. The audio is icing on the cake.
Bass is there.
Highs are there.
Mids aren't erased.
Very serviceable. I think most people will be satisfied with the sound.
Overall looks - they are both the same size. If you can't visualize the dimensions posted, think of a 1-liter bottled water. There you go.
Desktop speakers, basically - or they would look neat on a book shelf. The Atakes I got were white and looked nice, glossy and shiny. The Spencers were black in a kind of rubberized material; not shiny/glossy but still looked sleek and cool.
I know there seems to be a few different brands floating around - even Thinkgeek has theirs.
So keep in mind you don't get a wall adapter with the Atakes and you do with the Spencers. Music syncs differently between the units...NOT better than one or the other. The material they are made of (the base) is different as well. Those are the only differences outside of about $20 more for the Spencers ones.
Apparently though, Spencers has a warranty on theirs that as long as you have the receipt, they will replace the speakers if they ever break. I asked the associate how long that's good for, she said "Just as long as you have the receipt..." Ok, hmm.
This is the reason I still haven't made my decision yet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of my money!, July 9, 2014
It was crap ! I had it for only a day when the water leaked out of one of the speakers and you had to blast the musi just to get it to spit up the water ! I don't know what the hype about these were but I will never buy them again !

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, December 28, 2013
I bought these for my teenage daughter and they are wonderful! She loves them. They came exactly as described and work great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased as a gift, December 29, 2013
I purchased a set of these for each of my nieces and they absolutely love them. They look cool and the sounds is pretty good quality for the price. The only drawback is that to make the water dance, the speakers do have to be up relatively loud.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont bother., July 16, 2014
Quite possibly the WORST product ive ever purchased. The sound quality is extremely poor, the manufacturing looks like it has been done by a kindergartener and the return policy is of no help. Don't waste your money or time... or your laptop's battery researching this product. Dissapointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Was broken on arrival, January 27, 2014
One speaker had all the water already drained from it on arrival, which meant the whole box was soaked when it arrived. The other speaker worked okay for the most part, but stopped working after 20 minutes on a relatively low volume.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Item, February 12, 2014
This item was purchased as a gift and I didn't note the 30 day return policy. When we opened the box today the speakers had no water in them. Now I am stuck with this faulty speakers. I am very disappointed.

Rate and Discover Movies