Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

• Customer Reviews

on March 22, 2015
 I have been wanting a set of water speakers for quite some time and now that I finally have a set, I must say that I am very happy with my Soundsoul dancing speakers! These speakers are so much fun to have and they truly make my music listening experience so much better.

I decided to record and attach an instructional/informative because for me at least, when I was researching water speakers I wanted to be able to see them "in action" versus just seeing pictures or reading written reviews.

In my video I included scenarios where the speakers played in the light as well as dark. They look so awesome in the dark, looks like your own mini light show....with music!

A few additional things I wanted to add that I didn't mention in my video:
- When I was raising the volume, I was doing so through my phone instead of the speaker, but to raise/lower the volume on the speaker, all you do is press the +/- buttons on the side of the left speaker.
- There is a button below the volume buttons to mute your music.
- Also, the water already comes inside the speakers so you do not need to add water (in fact, you cannot add water, the speakers just use the water already inside to shoot up)
- The speakers are both very lightweight and easy to carry around, whenever I want to take them "on the go" I just pack them up in the original box and take them along with me.
- These are not battery operated and to charge them, you just connect them to the USB.

I love these speakers and use them quite often. They have not given me any issues and are extremely easy to connect and use! I would recommend these speakers to anyone and everyone looking to buy water speakers!

Received sample for my honest and unbiased opinion. However, in no way did that alter my review or feedback on the product.
1111 comments| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2013
I have been looking for this type of speaker for so long in my local stores but they are always out of stock. Im very skeptical about buying anything online, so i was nervous at first. And after reading some of the other reviews, i wasnt expecting an awesome product. But, i got them in.. and they are so cool! They work perfectly! When i first plugged them in i thought the sound quality was horrible, until i realized the plug wasnt in all the way (oops lol). But they are seriously my favorite speakers. Even all the way up, mine never crackle. One thing i didnt realize is that they come with a usb to plug them into a computer for the power, but i didnt have one available when i first got them. But my phone charger is one with the usb plug in it. So i hooked it up to there and plugged it in the wall and it works that way. Im thinking about buying some more as presents. This was originally supposed to be for my boyfriends birthday, but he broke up with me as they were shipping. So, yay for me! :) i highly recommend these.
1515 comments| 419 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2013
First off - I am reviewing the Atake speakers...not the Soundsoul ones pictured in this listing, because that is what I was sent instead.
This was going to be a problem, but the seller (soundsoul) took care of the customer. I contacted the seller and they explained that soundsoul and atake were the same brand. Not sure how that works but I was taken care of either way, so...
However, I suggest you contact the seller FIRST to ensure you receive the speakers with the soundsoul logo on them. I have no idea if there is a difference in quality or not. I didn't pursue the soundsould speakers afterwards.
But I did test the Atakes out; and I did a comparison of these vs the ones on sale at Spencers.
Let's keep in mind that the Atakes were sold for $30 vs $50 at Spencers.

So the first thing you will notice is that the Spencers ones (appears to be THEIR brand...could be wrong; didn't see any other brand/logo) come with a wall adapter; the Atakes don't.
The thing is that you have to have a USB power source for these speakers - usually from a pc/laptop's usb port to the speaker. If you don't have a laptop (yes, there are some people that don't...like my little cousin who I bought these for) you'll have to figure something out. You could use a cellphone charger, but the port on the speaker is a USB mini b 5-pin type (thanks 'cables to go' for helping me identify)...so depending on what port your cell phone has, you still might be out of luck and end up having to purchase an additional piece of hardware (some kind of adapter or something).
I think this may be the reason the Spencers ones are a bit more expensive. The wall adapter is quite handy and allows you to use the speakers without being handcuffed to a computer.
Past that, there are a few small differences to note.
There is a difference with how the speakers and the music sync. Really, one wasn't better than the other. Just different.
For example, I played (Fallin' Like) Dominoes by Donald Byrd on both. Spencers danced to the snare and the highhat...Atake danced to all four beats. Some people might like one over the other...but honestly, after all the instruments come in and the song takes off, both really lose any kind of synchronization. But its to be expected. I mean, shooting water can't really reflect each nuance. Its not like the technology is there to allow the speakers to differ between a kick drum and a high falsetto chorus.
As far as sound goes, I am surprised at both. They sound kinda like laptop speakers that have Beats audio...but a tad better.
I mean they can't bump like high quality book case speakers, or a Bose sound system. What you're paying for is the light show. The audio is icing on the cake.
Bass is there.
Highs are there.
Mids aren't erased.
Very serviceable. I think most people will be satisfied with the sound.
Overall looks - they are both the same size. If you can't visualize the dimensions posted, think of a 1-liter bottled water. There you go.
Desktop speakers, basically - or they would look neat on a book shelf. The Atakes I got were white and looked nice, glossy and shiny. The Spencers were black in a kind of rubberized material; not shiny/glossy but still looked sleek and cool.
I know there seems to be a few different brands floating around - even Thinkgeek has theirs.
So keep in mind you don't get a wall adapter with the Atakes and you do with the Spencers. Music syncs differently between the units...NOT better than one or the other. The material they are made of (the base) is different as well. Those are the only differences outside of about $20 more for the Spencers ones.
Apparently though, Spencers has a warranty on theirs that as long as you have the receipt, they will replace the speakers if they ever break. I asked the associate how long that's good for, she said "Just as long as you have the receipt..." Ok, hmm.
This is the reason I still haven't made my decision yet.
11 comment| 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2015
I have never had any trouble with anything I've ordered off of Amazon, that is.. Until today. These speakers came and there is a large crack in one of them and the water leaked out of it. I'm VERY displeased and going to contact distributor. Ugh. These were going to be awesome in my dorm room, guess not anymore.
on February 11, 2014
ORDERED 2 SETS OF WATER SPEAKERS FOR XMAS GIFTS FOR MY BOYS - LOVE THEM! BOTH SETS WORK PERFECT AND WE HAVE NO WATER LEAKS LIKE OTHER REVIEWS CLAIM!! VERY COOL WHEN IN THE DARK! I WOULD BUY AGAIN!
on August 12, 2015
I bought these for my daughter. They look really cute and she likes them, but their performance has been slightly disappointing. They were easy to hook up and the sound output is fantastic, but the light show is subpar. Your volume really has to be up and, facing her computer, the left hand one does not do the light show at all...no matter how high the volume. Overall, cute speakers, but probably wouldn't purchase again.
review image review image
The "Dark Black, Rotating Jets Edition or 4th generation or bullet" had the potential to be the coolest of all of these Soundsoul rain dance speakers BUT... one of the speakers has the water rotating not as fast and the jets do not shoot as high. It's like one is on half power. It moves slower on one side and looks lame. Like here's a super cool speaker and his retarded cousin. I tried music from multiple sources, used multiple power supplies, put it on multiple surfaces and tried every configuration possible so yes I did some troubleshooting. See the pic.
Oh and I bought a 2nd set of the black, 4th generation water speaker (the $36 ones) and they work better but make a buzzing crap speaker sound when the water sprays almost like a small motor moving a plastic gear kind of sound. I verified it wasn't the sound from the speaker by turning oiff the water and that stopped the annoying sound. Also the buttons are lame plastic compared to the first ($40 set) Might be okay for a kid who isn't observant and wouldn't notice the lame side speaker on one or the annoying sound on the other set. I'm being generous with 2 stars.
on April 16, 2014
Sound is moderate. Speakers are very small. Lights all flash at the same time with the jets so it doesnt have a pattern. Also the program is for treble not bass. So you get a unexpected effect. They broke after a couple days, not sure why.
on April 5, 2015
I received this at a discounted price, in exchange for my honest review. I really like these speakers! Great quality, and easy to use. Connect with bluetooth very quickly. The light/water show it produces are amazing! I definitely recommed for hours of entertainment.
review image
on February 1, 2014
This speakers are so much fun. Turn off the lights, and they are even more fun. Watching the water dance to the beat is great fun. Sound quality is above average. We bought 3 sets, and have had no problems with any of them.