Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

58%
42%
Format: DVD|Change

on November 7, 2009
I know there have been multiple live albums made by Ringo Starr and the public can grow weary of seemingly another rehash... Of course my major bias is that I'm a first-generation fan and second; I'll buy practically anything put out by The Beatles. But for this release I'm going to also talk as a musician for this is one heck of a concert release musically speaking. The main element that this performance has going for it is the FUN element. As a musician I've always noticed that when band members are performing with their egos and their "look-how-great-I-am" attitudes not only does it make them look snobbish but it makes for so-so-ho-hum performances. Ringo & The Roundheads are having FUN as they perform. You can actually see band members who are not egotistical at all but rather playing as a unit, knowing that they are links in the chain and pieces of the musical puzzle. They interact with each other and, above all, know that they must provide for Ringo the best possible musical background. Mark Hudson has always been a Beatles' fan and I truly believe that the fact that he's playing with his idol makes him grateful for the opportunity and therefore wants to direct the other musicians into giving his idol the best backup band a guy could have ever asked for.

I could go on and on but the bottom line is that this concert has a fun energy the leaps out at you; pulls you in and, as Sgt. Pepper once said; "A Splendid Time is Guaranteed For All"... If you get only one live Ringo Starr DVD THIS IS THE ONE TO HAVE!...
on October 8, 2009
This DVD is only Ringo Starr singing his own songs, the backing band are The Roundheads. The sound and picture are perfect. This is a must for every beatle fan.
Why the song "Never whithout you" has been edited?. Five stars, don't miss it.

The songs are:
Yellow Submarine
Act Naturally
With A Little Help From My Friends
on January 18, 2010
This was indeed a very good show, but as is always the case with PBS broadcasts they are never complete - and this is no exception. Just go to the PBS website to see what I mean. Why they do this is a mystery. Maybe it has to do with certain legal garbage. It still is worthwhile getting even if you'll never see the complete show.
on August 6, 2013
Just how I remember the show we I saw him live on this tour. Now the memory of my night can live on by watching it over and over any time I want to. If you have never witnessed seeing a living legend then get to Ringo's show. If you can't, then buy the video it is worth it.
on January 2, 2010
Ringo continues to have a good time making and playing music. He is so much fun to watch. Being a drummer myself, and a consumate Beatles fan, I try not to miss anything Ringo does as soon as I can get my hands on it. He has quite a good bunch of musicians that he typically records and plays with, and even if you have heard many of his songs many times, they all still keep things fresh and fun.
on November 19, 2009
I was AT THIS SHOW!! And when he first walked out no one could believe he was really there! And the first time he headed for his drum kit the buzz in that theater was amazing. The songs were good and the roundheads are a who's who of stellar musicians! If your a Beatle fan this is a can't miss for!
on January 19, 2011
Great Quality...DVD and Ringo performs most of his hit's and plays with some great players
I think he was having a very fun time in this concert as well. I really liked it!!
on March 27, 2010
How can you possibly go wrong with the greatest drummer ever!
Ringo rocks... and the Roundheads make it all so much fun.
on December 8, 2009
This Ringo Starr DVD is the best he has ever offered. It all the songs that we want to hear and more. No interruptions by any All Starr except one song from Colin Hay which I don't mind. The only problem is that they edited out "Never Without You" for some reason. You can find the song on the CD that goes along with it but then on the CD they leave out "Give Me Back the Beat" which is on the DVD. The Roundheads band is the best Ringo has had. It's too bad they're not together anymore.
on October 18, 2013
Ringo is great! I love watching concerts at my own house. It is the best seat in the house and I have my own favorite beverage!