5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff!
Published on July 26, 2010 by Loraine

2.0 out of 5 stars Contains undesirable ingredients
There are several, main problems with this product:

Published 16 months ago by Kate McMurry

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff!, July 26, 2010
Loraine (Syracuse, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Source Naturals Natural Progesterone Cream, 4 Ounce (113.4 g) (Health and Beauty)
After feeling lousy for over a year, I guessed it was hormonal (age 50). The dr. did bloodwork and yes, my hormones were out of whack. I didn't do anything about it for a year, then decided to go online and do a little research. I came across this product (bought it from another site for nearly 50% cheaper)and have been using it for nearly 3 weeks. Some of my original symptoms were typical: extreme fatigue, nor energy or motivation, insomnia, mood swings, hair thinning, depression. Some of my more unusual symptoms: itching deep inside my ear like a bug was in there, benign positional vertigo (ended up in the hospital), severe reflux (or so they said), fingernail pitting. The reflux happened over night nearly 2 years ago. They insisted it was that but no medication helped (after an endoscopy and esophageal dilation). After a year on meds, I became sicker so I was told to stop taking them. Much better. But as the other symptoms progressed, I tried the product. Within a week, my symptoms were nearly all gone...easily 90% improved. It's been nearly 3 weeks now and I feel like a brand new person. One wrote a review about the placebo effect. How does one's nails nearly all clear up when they were like that for over a year? All I can say is that it is working for me and I will continue to use it. For others out there, give it a try--I'd recommend giving it a couple of months. The only side effect that I had, and it went away after a week, was a dull headache. Good luck to all of you out there with these symptoms and I hope you find relief. Just be skeptical when a dr. is quick to say it is 'this or that' and prescribe you meds for something you may or may not have, when all along it could be estrogen dominance. Do a little research and then try this product. It is a life saver for me!
Update 8/24/10: Still working great and I am thrilled with it. Also, I have lost the 5 pesky pounds (and 5 more to go) that I have been wanting to. I noticed this product is sold in two formulas--with and without parabens. I purchased mine on another site and it did not contain parabens (a perservative). Possibly, the paraben free is a newer, improved product. Incidentally, I just went to order more and the site is out of stock as IS the manufacturer. I was able to find a site that sold the paraben free and still had it in stock, so I am ordering multiple jars. Hopefully, they still have it when it comes time to ship! Love, love, love this product!
Update 10/20/10: Still works like a charm and I will keep using it. I went in for my annual exam and the dr. was going to put me on progesterone but told him that I was taking it. He gave me the go ahead to continue on. And he did say to try to use the paraben free as some may be allergic to the preservative.
Update 3/12/12: The cream is still working! It's been nearly 2 years using the cream and I still feel good and have energy. I order now from Amazon as the price is better than on other sites and notice that the cream says 'paraben free' on the container, although the product on Amazon does not state that it's paraben free. So, that's a great bonus that it is, in fact, paraben free.
Update 9/1/12: The cream is still working well. One comment/question, though. I don't know if it's always been this way, but I notice when I use the cream now, it leaves a very sticky residue on my arms/legs. I thought maybe it was because of the heat of summer, but I don't recall it happening last summer. I thought it used to dry completely with no residue. Now, even hours later, it feels a little tacky and seems to get on my clothes if I brush my arm/leg across my clothes.
6/19/13: Still working. Thinking I didn't need it anymore, I actually tried to stop using this a while back with no success. I tapered off from twice to once per day, then less. I started getting hot flashes, etc. So, what I am able to do now is once a day for one day, and then twice a day the next. It keeps everything in check! As far as the stickiness, that didn't seem to last too long...maybe it was a funky batch or something.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've tried, February 24, 2013
I while back my doctor (reluctantly) prescribed progesterone cream for me from a compounding pharmacy after my insistence on having my hormones tested.

The cream changed my life. My night sweats disappeared, I was no longer prone to fits of rage, my family actually enjoyed being with me again, I was able to think clearly again and the brain fog was GONE (essential because I am the sole supporter for my family), and my energy levels, while not quite what they used to be, moved back into the acceptable range allowing me to actual have something of a social life again.

The pharmacy and provided me with a cream I ended up having a severe allergic reaction to and weren't able to provide the cream in a formulation that was safe for me.

So I turned to Amazon to find an over the counter cream. I have tried a number of creams trying to find the right one for me. Reading the other reviews available, it is quite clear that the cream works for most people, while there are a few for whom it doesn't work. Since there are plenty of reviews about whether or not the cream works, and I know what the cream can do for me based on my experience with the progesterone from the compounding pharmacy, I decided to write a comparison of the creams I tried. I had a hard time decided which cream to use soI tried several to find the best one for me. Following is my assessment of the different creams I tried.

The Source Naturals is the product I stuck with, using the tub form, which got 4.5 stars from me. Had there been an easier way of dosing or had the company actually provided me with something to measure in, it would have gotten a full five stars. Instead, I had to purchase a dedicated measuring spoon to use with this. (I gave the tube a rating of 4, please see below for more details.)

There were several factors that were important to me and on which I'm basing my reviews. You may have other factors that are or are not important, so please take those into consideration when reading my evaulations. The factors for me were

1. Effectiveness/strength of the cream (MOST important, worth 3 stars).
2. Ease of use (this includes type of packaging and ease/difficulty of self-dosing) (worth 1 star).
3. Smell and feel (some of these products had a smell or feel to me that was just horrible), obviously the most subjective of my criteria (worth 1 star).
4. Most of the products were close in price, but one was about twice the cost of the others (the Emerita Pro-Gest). For me, if that were the only choice it wouldn't make a difference, but since there were otherwise comparable products out there, I subtracted a star from the expensive one for being close to twice the cost of the others.

That's a potential total of 5 stars per product.

To summarize what I've found, the best quality of progesterone cream in terms of how well the cream relieved my symptoms was found in either the Source Naturals products or the Emerita Pro-Gest.

The easiest to use were those with the dosed pumps, but I didn't like any of those creams because they either didn't work well or had an offensive smell or feel. The one I ended up using regularly is the Source Naturals in the tub. I bought a dedicated measuring spoon so I can get a consistent dose. It's not as easy as the dosed pump because I have to clean the spoon after each use, but the cream is otherwise excellent, so to me it was worth the extra work.

Here's my opinion of each cream, with my star rating. (For the Amazon ratings, I've rounded up since they don't allow half stars.)

SOURCE NATURALS PROGESTERONE CREAM. Available in a tube or tub. 4-4.5 stars Source Naturals Natural Progesterone Cream, 4 Ounce (113.4 g)
1. This is by far the most effective at relieving my symptoms. It works just as well as the pharmacy cream did. 3 stars.
2. The tube is a little difficult to squeeze as it got emptier, and I was never sure if I was getting the last bit out. The purchase of the measuring spoon to use with the tub made it an easier way for me to get a consistent dose. 0 stars for the tube, 1/2 a star for the tub.
3. Nothing offensive about either the scent or feel of this product. 1 star.
4. This is the most reasonably priced product I've tried so far.
Total: 4 stars for the tube version and 4.5 stars for the tub version.

NOW FOODS PROGESTERONE CREAM. Available in a dosed pump, unscented or lavender. 3-3.5 stars NOW Foods Progesterone Cream, 3 Ounces or NOW Foods Progesterone Cream W/Lavender, 3 Ounces
1. This worked reasonably fine at relieving my symptoms. I would have a frequent but mild night sweat on this but that's about it. The other creams did a better job of controlling my symptoms. 2 stars.
2. Comes in a dosed pump. They pump often (every few pumps) seemed to get an air bubble and not deliver a full dose, so even though I really like the concept, it didn't always work so I'm taking off half a star. 1/2 a star.
3. The feel is fine. There's an unscented version and a lavender one. The unscented had no objectionable odor, but I really didn't like the lavender scent (I normally really like lavender but didn't like this one. 1 star for the unscented, 1/2 for the lavender.
Total: 3 stars for the lavender and 3.5 stars for the unscented.

LIFE FLOW PROGESTA-CARE. Available in a dosed pump. No rating (please see below) Life-Flo Progesta-Care with Natural Progesterone Body Cream, Women's Wellness, 4-Ounce Bottle
I can't full evaluate the effectiveness of this product because I couldn't use it for more than a couple of nights. The cream felt so horrible on my skin. It was sticky and tacky and wouldn't feel like it absorbed in. My clothes would stick to me after using it, kind of like the way they would stick to you on a hot humid day, which didn't happen with any of the other products I tried. I tried to tolerate it, but ended up having to wash it off in order to sleep. Not rated. Some reviewers didn't seem bothered by the feel fo this, but a few others did. I am not usually a princess about these things, but I really couldn't stand the feel of this. Please read the other reviews for alternative opinions and perhaps you might have better luck with this product than I did.

EMERITA PRO-GEST CREAM. Available in a tube or single-use packet. 2-3 stars (3-4 stars if you don't care about cost) Emerita Pro-Gest Natural Progesterone Cream, Paraben-Free, 4-Ounce Tube, Pro-Gest Cream 48 Single-use Packets
1. This worked fine. I would have a very rare and very mild night sweat on this, but otherwise no complaints about effectiveness. 2.5 stars.
2. The tube offers no easy way to get a consistent dose, and, like the other tubes, gets harder to squeeze as it gets used up and I was never able to tell if the tube was empty or close to empty. The single use packets eliminated the dosing problem. 0 stars for the tube, 1 star for the packets.
3. The cream felt fine, but it had a slightly unpleasant odor. 1/2 a star.
4. This product costs almost twice as much as the others so I subtracted a star for that. Please add a star if you don't care about cost.
Total: 2-3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!!!!!!!, July 15, 2010
Learned about Source Naturals Natural Progesterone Cream, 4 oz (113.4 g) from John R. Lee, MD's book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause". The label clearly states their guarantee of 500 mg of progesterone per ounce. I love the cream is paraben-free, not greasy, and easily absorbs into smooth (non-calloused) skin. The jar is easier to use than the tube, particularly if accurate dosage is important to you, since you can dip a measuring spoon into the jar.

In my house this is called Happy Cream, and if it was available in a 55 gallon drum, my husband would gladly buy it for application with a 12 inch paint roller! Used as stated, it has worked well. If I don't use it on the schedule prescribed for me, bad things happen including moodiness, foggy thinking, irritability, night sweats, etcetera. Not good. Last year I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids, which caused excessive bleeding and pain. With the agreement of my doctor, we doubled the cream dosage and within a couple months, the pain was gone and the bleeding lightened significantly. No surgery!

It may not work for everyone, but it sure has my vote!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a Miracle in a Jar, January 12, 2013
After suffering with horrible unexplained symptoms for nearly 3 years after the birth of my son I ran across several articles on the effects that low progesterone can have on your body. I had every one of them. Uncontrollable pms, mood swings, cravings, depression, anxiety, lack of motivation, irregular periods, headaches, panic attacks, back pain and never ending fatigue. I tried prescription birth control from my doctor in hopes that it would regulate my system, to no avail. In fact it made it worse. After doing a bit of research I discovered the reason is because it introduces more estrogen into your body which in turn makes every symptom spiral out of control. I am so glad I made this purchase. I have now been using it for 5 weeks, and I'm not kidding when I say that every symptom has vanished. I have struggled with being able to lose weight for years because my good eating habits were sabotaged when that 7-10 days of the hungry pms beast would come around. Well I am pleased to say he is gone, and I have finally been able to take a step toward my weight loss goals and have dropped 4 lbs. I wake up feeling GOOD in the mornings and have not had a single episode of depression, anxiety or panic attacks. My life has sincerely been changed. I am so thankful. I finally feel like my normal self after 3 years of trying to figure out what was wrong with me. I will never be without this stuff again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, effective progesterone cream, January 17, 2008
Source Naturals Natural Progesterone Cream, 4 oz (113.4 g) I've been using progesterone cream for years, with great effect. This particular brand is the nicest I've used. I really like the rosemary scent, and the ingredients are all natural. The feel of this cream is perfect; light and non-greasy, but nourishing. I like that it comes in a pot instead of a tube. It's easier to use up every little bit of it, and you can see exactly how much you have left. I highly recommend this progesterone cream.

5.0 out of 5 stars My energy is coming back~!, December 17, 2011
I thought to get any relief from menopause you had to have a prescription. I had a complete and total hysterectomy at age 28 resulting in immediate, fierce menopause which never ended. I am still in my forties and would naturally still not be there.... so I need to take hormones. Prior to losing my health insurance, I was taking Estratest (now sadly discontinued) and before that, Premarin. I thought these over-the-counter creams were kind of a gimmick. Then I read Suzanne Somers is using creams as part of a bioidentical hormone replacement therapy - something I cannot afford at the moment. The article said she uses Estrogen cream every day and Progesterone cream 2 weeks of the month and then does some injections that are beyond my scope.

I started to lose weight, stopped night sweats and picked up my energy and mood using these creams. I never want to run out. I also take Black Cohosh as a supplement when I have it. Hope sharing all this helps someone else, too =)

5.0 out of 5 stars menopause no more, January 13, 2013
this cream solved a multitude of my menopause problems . no more hot flashes since I started using this cream regularly. my hair is healthier. my sleep patterns improved. my sex life has improved since I no longer have vaginal dryness. I highly recommend this product to any woman suffering with these symptoms. I'm 49 years old and feel like mmyself again!!! thank you source naturals

2.0 out of 5 stars Contains undesirable ingredients, April 26, 2013
There are several, main problems with this product:

First, and foremost, it contains methylparaben and propylparaben as preservatives. These are considered "xenoestrogens," chemicals which have an estrogenic effect on the body (more on parabens below). For that reason alone I myself would avoid this product. To add insult on injury, there is no need for parabens at all since this product also contains caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, and benzyl alcohol, all of which are far safer preservatives. (And if the "rosemary oil" used is actually an essential oil, that is a natural antimicrobial as well.)

Second, I see no good reason for including wild yam extract in this product. Many so-called progesterone creams contain nothing but this extract, and it is a myth that it will convert in the body into progesterone. In fact, it is far more likely, as unprocessed soy does, to have an estrogenic effect. Since this product claims to contain Natural Progesterone USP, there is simply no compelling reason to include yam extract.

Third, this product has far more ingredients than it needs to contain. It is never a good thing when a so-called "natural" product has a long string of ingredients with incomprehensible chemical names (more on that below).

Fourth, the product information states, "guaranteed to contain 500 mg. of progesterone per ounce," and the dosage recommendation is 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon per day. Since the goal is to take between 15-25 mg. per dose, depending on the recommendation one is following (most women and/or their doctors follow the protocols of either Dr. John Lee or Dr. Joseph Mercola), I personally would want to know what exactly an ounce consists of. If I were going to find out, I would measure out, 1/4 tsp. by 1/4 tsp., this cream onto a good digital kitchen scale to figure out how many 1/4 tsp. doses are contained in an ounce. Then I would do the math to be absolutely sure how much progesterone is contained in that 1/4 tsp. dose.

I have personally used transdermal bioidentical progesterone for about 10 years now with no ill effects and many positive ones following the protocol that Dr. John Lee recommends: Apply an amount of progesterone cream containing between 21-25 mg. of progesterone (an amount similar to the 25-30 mg. that young, healthy ovaries produce) for 14-21 consecutive days each month. To make it easy to remember the timing of this, he recommends starting it the 1st of every month.

As an alternative to this product--and all other over-the-counter progesterone creams with dubious ingredients--it is possible to create one's own safe, reliable natural progesterone cream in this manner:

My OB-GYN, whom I see annually during a free, well-woman exam mandated to be paid 100% by insurance under the new health insurance guidelines, prescribes for me 25 mg. capsules of compounded bioidentical progesterone. Obtaining it this way gives me the assurance that I am getting pure, pharmaceutical-grade progesterone. Unfortunately, my insurance no longer covers compounded progesterone--it used to only cost me $5 for my copay when it did. But even paying for it myself, it currently costs me only a little over $1 per capsule. I use those capsules to make my own cream in this manner:

I break open a capsule and dump the progesterone powder inside it into a small, glass bowl. Then I add about 1 tbsp. of organic jojoba oil as a "carrier oil." I have seen various oils used as a carrier oil in commercial progesterone creams, including Vitamin E oil, coconut oil, and other more questionable oils (this brand uses as carriers glycerine, jojoba oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, squalene and vitamin E). I like jojoba oil because it is a natural oil most similar to human skin oil and therefore, in my experience, most easily absorbed.

I shake the bowl gently side to side so that the oil completely covers the progesterone powder and let it set and "percolate," so to speak, while I shower. Then I use my clean index finger to finish completely mixing the powder into the oil and immediately apply it. The best places to apply progesterone cream/oil, per Dr. John Lee, are to the body's most thin, permeable skin, such as the face, neck, chest, breasts, stomach, inner thighs, and the vaginal tissue. Dr. Joseph Mercola, who studied with Dr. Lee (who passed away some years ago), recommends only applying the progesterone cream to the vaginal tissue for those doing long-term use. He states that, over time it accumulates in subcutaneous fat, causing those tissues to get overloaded with it, interfering with bodily absorption of the progesterone. In contrast, this problem does not occur with the vaginal tissue (presumably because there is less subcutaneous fat in those tissues). Not only is absorption of the progesterone more complete than through the skin, but there is the added benefit of the hormone entering the body through the same pelvic veins that the ovaries empty into.

Personally, I would not feel safe using this particular cream on sensitive vaginal tissue due to all the extra ingredients in it beyond progesterone and jojoba oil. Many of them are not safe, especially the carcinogenic parabens, but the biggest issue is the effect of applying antimicrobials to the vaginal area. It can kill off vital, healthy bacteria in the vaginal tissue, leading to an imbalance that can produce painful inflammation.

For those who are interested, I've included below a list of the ingredients in this product and an analysis of each.

Ingredients on Label: Deionized Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Cetearyl Glucoside, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Natural Progesterone USP From Soy (500 Mg) Per Ounce), Wild Yam Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Natural Vitamin E), Lecithin Phospholipid, Glyceryl Stearate & Peg-100 Stearate, Jojoba Oil, Squalene, Benzyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Ginseng Root Extract, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Xanthan Gum, and Rosemary Oil.

Deionized Water: An ion is an atom or molecule with an electrical charge. Scientists use deionized water so that there will be no ions to switch places with other ions the scientist is interested in experimenting on. Just because water is deionized does not mean it is pure. Contaminants may remain.

Aloe vera gel: This is the gelatinous substance taken from inside of the leaves of the aloe vera plant, which grows in temperate and tropical regions around the world. It has been used for centuries as an herbal remedy for ailments of the skin, the stomach, the kidneys, and even as an eye wash.

Cetearyl glucoside: This is an emulsifier which helps prevent the ingredients in a mixture from separating. It is formed in a laboratory by combining the fatty acid, cetearyl alcohol, with glucose. It may be derived naturally from coconut or corn oil or synthesized chemically.

Caprylic/Capric triglyceride: This is a substance produced from fatty acids of coconut or palm kernel oil via esterification, a chemical reaction between alcohol and the fatty acid. This process gives the oil a silky feel on the skin. This ester has antioxidant properties, making it a natural preservative, and it is considered safe for sensitive skin. It is often used as a neutral carrier oil for an active ingredient, for example, bioidentical progesterone.

Cetyl alcohol: A fairly natural oil which is produced by hydrogenation of vegetable oils such as palm oil and coconut oil. It is used in cosmetics as an emollient, emulsifier or thickening agent in skin creams and lotions. In rare cases people with eczema find it a skin irritant, but that may be due to impurities in the cetyl alcohol rather than the cetyl alcohol itself.

Glycerin/glycerine: Also known as glycerol, it is used in commercial foods and beverages to impart moisture, provide sweetness, and emulsify and preserve food. It is used in cosmetics as an emulsifier and preservative. Glycerine can be made from food-grade fats and oils or petroleum products. Neither food, cosmetic nor pharmaceutical companies in the U.S. are required to reveal the source of the glycerine they use.

Natural progesterone USP from soy: Since the 1940′s scientists have extracted a substance called diosgenin from wild yams and soy beans and used it to create United States Pharmacopeia (USP) grade progesterone which is bioidentical to the progesterone created by human ovaries. People who are allergic to soy need not worry about progesterone made from soy. It is so highly purified that there are no remnants of soy products that could affect them.

Wild yam AKA, Discorea villosa: This is a tuberous vining plant which is native to North America. It contains naturally occurring estrogen.

Lecithin phospholipid: Lecithins are prepared by extracting and purifying phospholipids from products such as eggs, soybeans, sunflower and canola seeds. In food products and cosmetics, lecithin is used as an emulsifier. At issue is how exactly it is derived. Lecithin is a fatty substance that is extracted either chemically or mechanically. Certainly some small businesses around the world exist which employ non-toxic, cold-press methods of extraction, but big factories do not. They create lecithin by means of highly toxic, carcinogenic chemicals such benzene and hexane. The food and cosmetic industry are not required to report on their labels how the lecithin they use is extracted, so we have no reliable way of knowing how safe it is.

Glyceryl stearate: This ingredient is created in a lab by reacting glycerin with stearic acid (a fatty acid obtained from animal and vegetable fats and oils). It functions as a moisturizer, but it can be a skin irritant for people with sensitive skin.

PEG-100 stearate: This is used as an emulsifying agent. It is a polyethylene glycol ether of glyceryl stearate which is generally considered safe.

Jojoba oil: This is a natural plant oil created from the liquid wax of the seed of the jojoba plant, a shrub which is native to southern Arizona, southern California, and northwestern Mexico. Of all natural oils, jojoba is the most compatible with the skin because it is very similar in its properties to the skin's own sebum (the protective, oily secretion of the skin's sebaceous glands). This allows it to penetrate much deeper into the skin than other natural oils can and makes it less likely to clog pores and create blackheads and acne.

Squalene: This is a lipid derived from shark liver oil and vegetable oils such as rice bran oil, wheat germ oil, amaranth seed oil, and olive oil. The human skin on its own produces squalene as a natural moisturizer. It is not considered to be a skin irritant.

Benzyl alcohol: This substance is used as a preservative in IV medication solutions and in cosmetics because of its bacteriostatic and antipruritic properties. It is considered very low risk. It is produced naturally by many plants and commonly found in fruits and teas. It is found in many essential oils, such as jasmine, hyacinth, and ylang-ylang.

Stearic acid: This is a fatty acid obtained from animal and vegetable fats and oils.

Grapefruit seed extract: This is a thick liquid derived from the pulp, seeds and white membranes of grapefruit. There have been claims by alternative healers for some time that this extract has antimicrobial action. However, chemists have tested many of these extracts and claim that any such action is solely due to contamination with benzethonium chloride, a chemical compound extensively used for its antimicrobial action.

Ginseng Root Extract: Most of the time this plant extract is taken internally. It is known as an "adaptogen" because it improves general well-being and health. The only reason I can think of that it is included in a progesterone cream is that it is claimed that it can help hot flashes due to menopause. If this cream is applied to the face and neck, ginseng, as well as the progesterone itself, it presumed to improve or prevent wrinkles.

Methylparaben and propylparaben: Parabens are "xenoestrogens," chemicals that function in the body as estrogen. Estrogen is a female hormone that males should not be exposed to, and neither should females younger than puberty. Beyond that, it is never a good idea to expose anyone's body to xenoestrogens because they are "proliferative" hormones which cause unwanted growth of tissue, most dangerously, cancerous tissue. Savvy cosmetic companies who care about the health of their customers are beginning to phase out parabens and use safer preservatives instead. Inexplicably, though this product contains several other preservatives and could have therefore dispensed with parabens, its manufacturer chose not to.

Sorbic Acid: This is an antimicrobial agent frequently used in food and drink to prevent the growth of mold, yeast, and fungi, which not only taste bad, but are toxic.

Xanthan gum: This is a food and cosmetic additive used as a thickening agent and as a stabilizer that keeps ingredients from separating. It is produced by fermenting glucose, sucrose, or lactose with the Xanthomonas campestris bacterium, then processing the resulting polysaccharide with isopropyl alcohol, and drying and grinding the resulting product into a fine powder.

Rosemary oil: It is not clear if this is essential oil. If it were, one would think it would be clearly stated. If it is merely a fragrance oil, then that is a definite negative. True rosemary essential oil has traditionally been prized as helping with a number of health problems. Most relevant to a skin cream is that it is healing to the skin. It has also been used as an antibacterial cleanser, and it is possible that it has been added to this formulation as a natural antimicrobial.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sold for life, May 28, 2013
This product is a Godsend. I have had female issues my whole life.. No Doctor could tell me what was wrong with me..when infact they know what we are lacking in our bodies..I used to have Horrible heavy periods and the pain was just terrible,mood swings like crazy, countless other female issues,abnormal pap's, low labido you name it.. This product after ten complete days will not only FIX what female problems you may have but save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars at the OBGYN's office. Google Progesterone and then try it.. You will never be disappointed.My periods are now light and 3 days with no pain, labido through the roof.. my fiance ? extremely happy!!! it has evened out my body's Ph levels and I am feeling like a million bucks, literally! FINALLY! I have been using this product for almost a year now as directed and havent needed to go to the doctor sinse!! Oh yes and that unwanted strange hair growth in ridiculous places? GONE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Even small doses can help, January 28, 2014
Jess F (Lancaster, PA) - See all my reviews
I had been experiencing problems with really deep painful cystic acne that seemed to be hormone related for over a year. I am currently 30 years old. I spoke to my doctor about the problem but since I was already on birth control she said there was little she could do other than recommend some topical treatments that may or may not help. I had already gone through tons of various acne washes, scrubs, creams, masks, and anything else I could get my hands on to little effect. My skin is exceedingly sensitive so I didn't always respond well to the topical treatments. I suspected the acne was mostly a hormonal problem because it became significantly worse with my cycle. But I was concerned about adding too many different hormones while also on birth control, I didn't want to diminish the effectiveness. So I have been using an extremely small dose of just 1/4 teaspoon once a week. I have been amazed at how much difference such a small amount of this product has created. In about two months of once a week treatment I had a really significant reduction in acne. I'm still getting a few little whiteheads but the really deep cystic acne breakouts stopped very fast. I'm really pleased with the product and will continue to use it. I may try using it twice a week to see if it will stop all of the acne but it's helped so much that I'm concerned about messing with such a good result that I'm getting now. It has not effected my birth control in anyway I can detect, I'm on Depo right now.

Rate and Discover Movies